A painful goodbye to the game we've been waiting so long for

Fireteam is overpowered when all 4 members know exactly what they’re doing and communicate with each other. Like my team, Team X. Orune, I would really like to see you keep that opinion after you face one of us as Preds and FT.

1 Like

From my POV the balance between FT and Pred is OK - at least I already had a lot matches which where fun; which means no side dominated too much.

But my impression today was that the AIs might be too strong - if the team still is complete, that might be fine - but if e.g. just two players are left, sometimes you are just overrun by a massive bunch of AIs. And from my POV the game is thought to be mainly between FT and Pred (and not FT vs AIs)?

So some quite interesting situations were ‘destroyed’ by the AIs too early…

Do you have the same impression?

We tried something out in private match mode today (me on a PS4):

when I (FT) am in the bushes - not moving. I can see the cloaked moving pred (PC) move right in front of me - not excellent but OK.

Same situation - but me MOVING my View from right to left to right and so on - then it is nearly impossible to see the MOVING pred RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME (but in the middle of bushes).

If that is due to 30FPS or due to blurring or due to my TV or due to other things I do not know for sure. I played with the contrast and other options and the situation just enhanced slightly.

May I ask: are there PS4 players out there who can confirm that? Are there PS4 players, who have no such problems at all?

Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be? You think I’m gonna put together a team of pred killers just so we can lose? Gtfoh 😂

What about when you destroy a team of noobs or mediocre ft?

But when you get shredded to pieces by a team of experienced killers you think they are overpowered.

I swear this forum is flooded with crybaby.

Instead of coming up with strategies to overcome the new challenges, all you guys do is bitch and complain about how op the ft is.

1 Like

Truth in that! But nobody is crying yet (and if anything is ‘baby-like’, it might be bashing people in a proper discussion, right?:)…

3 Likes

The way he sounds is dillusional. He wants ILLPHONIC to cater to his needs. He wants this game to be a Predator hunting down the FT all the time. Even in the trailer they say “be the hunter or become the hunted”. He’s not a hunter by the way he expresses himself. It seems that he just sucks at being the predator and he gets hunted most of the time. That is not a game issue, that is a personal issue.

Might be. But we all are here for fun. So - be tolerant - to live and let live…

Or in predator terms: live and let die… :))

I understand the part about being tolerant, but as this is a public forum, one cannot post and expect everyone to agree. His post is more of a rant, nothing constructive, so what does he expect. We can discuss as adults or bs as kids. It makes no difference to some people.

Do not take my comment too serious - I just wanted to point out that we all have more fun together when we do the bashing just in the game.

I think you did not mean any harm - and I definitely did not take any. But some people might feel personally offended by terms alike ‘crybaby’; and no one could complain about that.

But do not let us exaggerate this - it really was just meant as a kind hint from my side :)

No man, I wasn’t directing anything to you. I just couldn’t find the proper term for someone who bitches and complains without giving or accepting any constructive criticism.

We’re all good bro…

1 Like

If you had actually looked into most everything else I’ve posted, AND played the game for more than five matches, you’ll see the blatant issue with FT. Look, I don’t mean to make this personal, but you obviously haven’t played the game for more than a few good matches. You also complain about my lack of constructive criticism in my post, and yet you’re over here throwing shade like you’re some kind of officer. As I’ve offered to a few others on this thread, I will show you how OP FT can be in a private match, and how good I am at Pred. Furthermore, I am not the only one who’s noticed this imbalance. I’ve taught dozens of FT noobs how to break a strong Hunter. Over time, they’ve become Predator slayers, they hardly lose. If you’re looking for them, I could give you a link to my team’s discord, you’ll find yourself surrounded by fans with an undying love for the game.

I have given constructive criticism to Illfonic in e-mail, Facebook comments and replies, and here, I said exactly what kind of a response I get, if any. So, before you get upset with facts of the horrible imbalance in the game, and bash players who’ve had more in-game time than the devs, heed the popular quote of “check yourself before you wreck yourself”.

2 Likes

You talk a big game…what’s your epic name so when I get my team together we can play and see how good you are.

So, let the games begin…

And do not forget to make for the rest of us some good video footage…

Fire On!

2 Likes

That’s right

I play on PS4, and have been playing with crossplay off recently due to the growing number of exploitative players and the gargantuan advantage of not 1, not 2, but 4 overpowered PC FT players. Yeah, you know exactly what I’m talking about. I may give PC premades a run for their money, but that’s IF they play with game without abusing tricks and exploits. So, no, I’m not taking on a broken overpowered and toxic team of overzealous charlatans just so you can gloat about how “good” you and your team are. I apologize, but it’s just not going to happen. However, we’ll still take you on as FT.

Btw, @Bonator, do you happen to be looking for a team to play with?

1 Like

Bro, what are you talking about? I don’t use hacks, I play legitimately, ask @MC-IR-113 he can vouch for me, we’ve gone against each other a few times, he’s taken me down and I’ve taken him down with pubs. The reason why I called you out is because you assumed I’ve only had a few good matches (insinuating that I’m a noob) and now you’re accusing me of hacking without proof. I don’t brag when I win just like I don’t bitch when I lose. As for your request to play your FT, sorry but I don’t play pred. FT 100%

Nooooo no no no, I wasn’t accusing you of hacking, not at all. Listen, what I’ve seen what happens with PC premades and it ain’t pretty. I’ve just been so fed up with all of the nonsense between the two factions that I assumed you and your team were bad (not skill bad) players, and I lashed out at you. I’m sorry about that. Maybe we can all just play FT together, yeah? We have crossplay invites now, right?

1 Like

I completely understand. I don’t have a “team” I play with guys I’ve met in matches and we play well together, a few are top tier players, others are still learning and improving. We play agressive and we’re not afraid to die trying. We may talk smack during the match but at the end is all fun and games…my epic name is the same Scarface_1983 you can send me a request. I have crossplay on.

3 Likes

@Derangedxeno_02 (and Scarface_1983 too:) :

My friend (PC) has been playing this game from the very beginning and he is already very good - I think as the predator he might belong to the top tiers; he mostly wins or at least does not lose. However I just started playing some two weeks ago - so I am still a beginner and yet more a handicap then of help (but I am already having quite a lot of fun and ‘on good days’ manage some lucky shots too:)…

At the moment I am trying to convince some further friends to join, so, I am indeed trying to build a team at the very moment - this is because I think it interesting to try out different tactics - which needs some sort of joint training or at least an agreement before the game starts, what is to be done using which style.

So folks, give me some time to improve and then lets come back to that. But please take into account, that I am mainly playing with crossplay on, as my friend is cross…

Fire On!

P.S.: my name is also quite the same: Bonator19