About new Prey movie

I like how you defend the change as natural, then admit it’s poorly executed as if that’s not the reason why we hate it.

2 Likes

I disagree. In retrospect maybe, but in the moment novel ideas usually have good intentions

It doesnt have to be natural. It depends on where a society is and where it’s going. You might disagree with changes, but others may like it. Its part of a discussion

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, because people never think of the possible consequences I mean after all “what could go wrong with good intentions?”

I dont think there’s anything particular about that in this time. That’s always been the case . You learn from it and manage bad outcomes.

I’ve been watching the Drinker’s videos for a few years, but I’ve got increasingly fed up with his take recently. He’s clearly doubling down on the “anti-woke” stuff as that’s what’s bringing in the numbers I guess.
I knew even from the thumbnail exactly what he was going to be banging on about.
Don’t quite understand why so many people are throwing their toys out of the pram when nobody actually knows how it’s all handled yet.

1 Like

Oh of course there’s nothing with it this time, or the next time, or the next time. K maybe we were wrong, but there’s nothing wrong with it THIS time

1 Like

ESG

I think that media caters more to the audience that is about the actual position of the person. They may support a certain stance, but because of the audience they will not discuss the other side even if it has merit. People want concrete positions. What we need is a discussion when waters are uncertain

Too early to call in my opinion. Certainly the issue is force too much. What we need is open discussion instead of outright wrong/right, cancels and such.

1 Like

Agree 💯
Naru’s line “because you all think that I can’t” was a bit groan inducing, and for me was the only misstep in an otherwise blistering trailer.
Notice though that it’s only a voice-over. My hope is that it’s one of those tacked-on trailer moments to quickly inform the audience and is too on the nose to be included in the film itself. But I’ve been wrong before…

1 Like

Yes it does, it’s called writing. I suggest getting good at it.

No it doesn’t, not to this extent at least. You don’t have to retcon the entire Yautja society because it doesn’t reflect the one issue you desperately want to talk about. God forbid you do it Naturally. You can maintain the ideals the I.P was originally focused around. It is possible to make a story based on old ideals. Look at any story that Focuses on the concept of honor.

I don’t see honor around today do I? Do you?

And yes modern society does impact art the majority of the time. But it’s not an excuse. Have some fucking standards.

Hell why not fucking just write a freaking good story. Sure society will effect it but at least then it’d be natural instead of forced.

It’s called objective quality.

Not to mention where is this coming from? I never said people couldn’t have other viewpoints so what? Did you assume I said that? Your making a point with revalence to my argument.

Hell while we’re here how is any of this relevant to my point made?

I could let it pass. It definitely is influence by current events, but it not an inappropriate response for a ‘dumb’ kid. I wouldn’t say they nailed it smack in the middle, but it definitely could have been worse. ‘because i refuse to submit to preconceptions of a male dominated culture where women have no voice, no choice, etc’

It depends on the goal. It’s not always going to be smooth. Current climate is very rocky and it will reflect art.

Everything changes. Do you want the yautja to always be stuck where they are; just the hunt and that’s all? Allow it to change. It can be argued that by doing that it helps social change by using semi/popular characters in it’s fiction.

1 Like

What the fuck lol

Just because the current climate is rocky, whatever that means, doesn’t mean it can be written well.

Hell let me do it since you clearly can’t.

The predators know climate change is going to kill off humans so they’re coming to earth increasingly to collect trophies while they can

No genetics bullshit retcon needed to smoothly insert climate change.

Plus why don’t we just not mention climate change.

Life is a spectrum you know.

I apologize. I stretched myself there. I did not mean you personally; it was a general statement, that still possibly included you 😁

Are you referring to The Predator here or Prey? The former I totally get but genuinely not sure of your meaning if its the latter?

It doesn’t. I don’t personally like it, but it’s a small point in the movie that doesn’t distract from outcome. Much of the movie, i assume, will be about action scenes which are about honor code, self defence and tactics of fighting. Who does what and why is largely irrelevant otherwise.

Still I kind of hope Arnold shows up at the end (Dutch 2025). ;) Get sum.

1 Like