Aim Assist

Yes the only settings you can really change on console is your audio, controller mapping, and your sensitivity. I personally run on maximum sensitivity because I’ve always done that in any game. Yea turning around super fast is nice but it has its down sides to it because it might be too fast for certain players. For example I know some players who player on some lower ends of the sensitivity who are really good at paring and close quarters who can pull off things normally high sense players can do. On console its just preference and how comfortable you feel.

my gamepad has a clutch button thats good, u can run high sens and then when u hold the clutch button it lowers sens to whatever % u set in the pad setup on ur phone. so like 50% sens.

Best of both worlds but its not a cheap pad.

I just run on a normal ps5 controller and it works like a charm. lmao

ps5 pad is really good controller aparently. but im on PC so i use a Razer thing. but its PS4 compat.

But not for this game, i ofcourse use KB/M

Also BTW id not be against a better aim assist for console. maybe even have it so it can be adjusted to user preference, MIN-------MAX slider with max being a bit better than it is now, and min being almost off.

ANd not just for ft, but for pred also… bow on console must be super frustrating

I still envy you
Your sensitivity looked so fast on the screen share
I got mine at max but it still feels slow

this is where i have to do that thinng where i once again say

Controllers currently DO have aim assist in this game it is simply the worst implemented aim assist i’ve ever seen as it doesn’t use the aiming stick to (right stick) to help the controller player it exclusively uses the moving stick (left stick) so unless you aim by moving your character it will never help you

is there some console setting too, i remember on XBOX 360 there was a page in the setting somewhere that you could change the sensitivity also. i dont know though not owned a console since 360.

I don’t think it would be unfair against PC players who have much better and easier precision with the mouse. That’s kinda like the point. Though against pred players it could turn into a melting fest, at that point pred should just be granted more health or FT damage reduced.

But I honestly think aim assist needs to be better on this game because it is very fast paced where you simply don’t have a lot of time to react.

I also would like to see implemented a “key combo” like in some RE games, where you can instantly turn 180 degrees. That would benefit a lot console players against bunny hopping preds.

1 Like

well pc players have better aim with mouse but ps4/5 players have better movement with controller

With our powers combined we are captain FPS

2 Likes

True xD

1 Like

Well Yes we would need aim assist for pc but that’s obvious because pc is way better in some circumstances than console

But! Against PlayStation players I disagree because if you can hit your shots, then your fine. Plus the whole moving your left stick to get the aim assist working I’m fine with using because I know how to use it correctly. But I do agree it needs future improvements.

Now for those preds who like to be bunny’s all game you can easily out maneuver them by simply
A. Back peddling
B. Turn around until they stop and run
C. Or run!
I understand it’s easier said than done but the controller has more movement control over pc.
And there is a lot of reaction time for players on console you just gotta play it smart!

2 Likes

With it being cross platform I’d honestly like the aim assist to even the playing field with PC. If we’re talking strictly console then yeah the controls are good as is. Obviously console vs console and PC vs PC is even

1 Like

A .308 round would not blow a hole in a Predator. It would do some damage, yes, but not destroy it. You basically saw what would happen in Predators when Isabelle shot Mr. Black to save Royce. Hurt like a mother but would only briefly phase him. Give it enough time and he’s ready for more.

1 Like

.50 BMG however… Would fucking break any Predator. Right through the mask and out the back of the head. Upgrade Predator mayyyyybe has a chance to take a good few, but that’s it.

1 Like

It definitely helps them shotgun strafe in Clash.

Those are in 3rd person games.
I only remember one shit game with a 180 button in first person and with the wonderful motion blur the learning curve on it was so stupid no one used it, it was too disorienting for anything other than knifing. Mightve been Haze? This is why games use turn acceleration instead and did away with ps3 era 180 buttons. It reduces the amount controllers have to scroll but its just a clunky function to try to provide a bandaid fix for tank controls. Most people wouldnt touch it which is why FPS quick turns buttons died out very quickly but even if it was in that kind of invalidates backstab perks.
Apex handles fine and doesnt have a 180 button.

As for people talking about bullet drop not being realistic, doesnt matter. Look at the bullet drop on COD snipers in MW lol. You should lead shots at a distance in shooters and compensate your aim. It’s part of the skill ceiling. Its too rewarding to shoot where a person is at & just hovering them and firing compared to predicting and shooting where they’re going to be.
Most of the people pointing and clicking preds in the middle of the leap animation wouldnt be able to lead those same shots with nearly as much accuracy the same way a very large amount of people stopped trickshotting when Infinity Ward gave snipers travel time.

i think bullet drop and lead should be for snipers only, all the rest are fine as hitscan, then just give damage falloff at extreme ranges to stop like pistol sniping etc

1 Like

Agree but consider me biased as I think CODs quickscoping fixes were necessary and have become pretty standard for FPSs otherwise snipers are oppressive.

Bro, at 150 to 200 meters there is literally no bullet drop from a .50 cal and the bullet hits almost instantly. What bullet drop are you guys talking about? Have you ever seen a .50 cal being fired?

Let’s be real here. Most preds get sniped at less than 100 meters away, so what are you asking for here really?