2020-2021 Archive of leaks

Or be able to detonate

Dude, this is fucking awesome!!!

Would like that but as a different weapon

2 Likes

I agree. Shuriken should be it’s own weapon. I also would suggest the smart disc get it’s kinks worked out. For example, sometimes it gets caught on things even though it isn’t even touching a wall, tree, pillar, truck, and etc… But I’m not sure if the smart disc has been improved cuz I haven’t used it for like a month. :3

2 Likes

I’m really not seeing the benefit of making the shuriken the disk. Like functionally they do the same thing but in practice the shuriken isn’t a thing you need any sort of tech for. It’s an evil boomerang. Did Scar or Fugitive really fuck around with the computer while it was in flight? Is that why the guy in The Predator got his hand sliced off? It’s not because it’s a giant bladed disk that no Human dexterity can hope to catch, it’s because he wasn’t fucking around with a gauntlet?

While you can control the disk, the shuriken is something the Predator can throw but can’t control. Basically meaning that while you can throw more shuriken, you can’t control where they go beyond that. Just throw the shuriken and then like the disk it can come back but runs the risk of hitting something along the way and getting stuck. Make it’s return relative to the Predator’s last position when thrown.

7 Likes

looks like predators might be getting elite skins next patch or it’s just another shader?

3 Likes

Possible challenge reward? If Lone Wolf has a score (maybe with various tiers of score like bronze or platinum) then maybe it’s a reward for getting a good score?

2 Likes

Hmmm, hopefully they’d function like the Ft Elite costumes in the regard that Yautja armor would change.

1 Like

To all the peeps that were saying we should tell Illfonic not to make the Shuriken a smart sldisc variant…you are late to the party. When the shuriken flight image was leaked last year people near unanimously were against. Clearly our pleas were ignored. It’s too late. Just keep your fingers crossed that other unique weapons are coming and not regurgitated weapon variants like hammer and shuriken.

I’m really hoping for this

1 Like

No it’s never to late, because it’s coming in April (if I remember what the blog teased)
Our cry’s might have not been heard then, but we can make them heard now

2 Likes

They aren’t gonna change it dude…development takes time and if they went the smart disc route there’s nothing we can do. 2 months is nothing in development time.

It just sucks that they are going down the Smart Disc route, unless they pull a sneaky and have been working on multiple shurikens types

3 Likes

Well not for nothing…if it’s a reskined smart disc I can’t imagine being a whole hell of a lot of time. Where as if it’s a different weapon all together…yeah.

1 Like

It’ll be fine so long as they don’t touch the wrist computer

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand. People including myself don’t want the Shuriken to be a skin variant of smart disc. We want it to be a new weapon with new mechanics. Many including myself voiced this concern throughout last year.

We are now 2 months or less away from it’s release now and @Robo_2696 was saying we need to petition Illfonic to not make it like smart disc.

I said it’s 2 months away from release and if the went the smart disc route there is no way they could change it now to a mechanically new weapon, because 2 months of development time is not enough to make new mechanics and implement them.

Understand?

I understand completely what you’re saying.

What I’m saying is if the leak was early last year, and we’ve had no reskinned smart disc released, it’s still possible this is a new weapon and not a reskinned smart disc, as they have had time to develop it

2 Likes

That’s IF they listened. And their track record doesn’t support that assumption.

Meh…that’s debatable. Either way all we’re doing is speculating anyway

1 Like

It’s going to be reskin. Weapon with totally new mechanics is too much to expect. I wish it would have a knock back feature and if FT is close to wall it should pin the FT for a bit (long enough for pred to switch weapon and fireca shot). Or, it could have similar pin mechanics to traps