Axe overhead attack too op and abused

The Viking axe overhead attack is way too op and is abused. Over the last 2 weeks the axe went from rarely seen to about 50% of predators using it and the numbers increase everyday, not exaggerating, I just now had 3 in a row. That attack has no counter I have found and combined with a too big of a hitbox (a whole other issue) even the most experienced players get wiped as soon as the predator shows up. All they are doing is jump slash jump slash, literally takes no skill, even a net-R2 spamming Berzerker takes more skill. Classes with low hp can be downed in 1 hit, other take 2.

If this trend continues even daily players like myself will just stop playing, new players just won’t even try after a few games. Day 1 player currently at lvl 237, didn’t play for about 8 months and have recently found love for the game again.

PHG needs a “side roll/ dodge” action. It would allow you to escape a potential fatal encounter and reengage.

1 Like

if you’ve really played that long you would know the weapon doesn’t track airborne ft so all you have to do is jump left or right and the axe or hammer heavies can’t hit you if you do this unless there is some insane ping issues

after that it’s a matter of just shooting the predator or using your knife when they start to employ lights which is easy to do

axe isn’t op it’s simply a good weapon that can contest with other good melee weapons like elder sword and sickle
this is a learn to play issue it’s weird that people complained for literally months that the axe and hammer and war club and katana were useless melee weapons because the elder sword and sickle simply always performed their job better and even then were very high risk weapons

but god forbid if illfonic buff them so they become usable cause immediate people call for them to be nerfed back into their useless states cause apparently only elder sword and sickle are allowed to be used

4 Likes

Cool

Dude this reminds me of all the times I had matches with people using op snipers and taking my mask off in a single clip. It’s like git fucken gud er somethin. Too many bullet spammers anyway.

Something even more op is jackle snipers

1 Like

Ah yes, nerf anything the pred has straight into the ground, you FT mains have been Number 1 for too long, but don’t you worry, we’ll (Pred Mains) take good care of the spotlight

2 Likes

I like your idea. I want to add, maybe they should nerf the FT guns too. Reduce the clip size by half, and you starting ammo by half. Or less. Y’know, so there’s a fair advantage. We can’t have people spamming the sniper or assault rifles. Because that’s just not fair.

1 Like

Buff FT nerf pred you say?

2 Likes

jumps to the side and uses geometry to my advantage

1 Like

try to play predator once with this weapon. pred can only hit it if you are standing still

1 Like

If only it were possible to move slightly to the left or right and circumvent the shit ass tracking in this game

1 Like

I agree the axe with its broken damage state isn’t viable.

Telling people to move left and right doesn’t matter when the pred can still hit you while not looking directly at you.

Everyone is losing their minds over this and it’s hilarious.

Shit needs fixing though.

“Everyone is losing their minds over this and it’s hilarious.”

Totally agree

1 Like

People saying it’s broken:

• Pred players that don’t lie about the true variability of the pred arsenal.

• long time players

The people saying it isn’t broken:

• The top 1-2% percentile of players, that probably shouldn’t speak on behalf of the rest of the average playerbase. Not helping the balance or anyone by coming here and saying this can be easily beaten.

• The melee rushing Predators of today that still don’t attempt to be stealthy (regardless of how hard it is)

2 Likes

Both parties are wrong

1 Like

Tbh idc. They’ll either keep it as is and then people will complain or they’ll nerf it to the ground and those that love the axe will complain and everyone else will move on to another melee weapon and people will bitch about that.

If tou say still that long, ypu deserve losing the mask…