Communications Technician/Radio Operator

New Class - Radio Tech

This class is Similar in build to an Assault, they probably started their career as one, however somewhere along the way their talent for information or technology was trained and they gained a new team responsible, protect the radio and keep lines of communication open with base.

First Class Skill - Radio, not so much a skill as a piece of equipment. It allows for the operator to call in reinforcements one time per match.
(The radio can be damaged by explosions and direct impacts ie. melee, arrows, smart disc. Radio health needs to be balanced so as to not make it to easy or hard to do.)
Second Class Skill - Detect Predator devices ie. sound decoy, the sensor thingies that’s name escapes my tired mind, or the jammers from the mission. They show on the mini map, (like sixth sense).

• Slightly lower gear and stamina than an Assault, maybe slightly higher perk points.
  • Backpack replaced with radio bag, slightly different uniform to an Assault but should look enough alike to make it tougher on I.D.’ing
  • If they die but the Radio survives, any FT member can use it.

So what needs tweaking guys/girls?

If it’s a class and has the ability to call in reinforcements that adds the possibility of like 5 different reinforcement calls each match- I think that’s a bit much. Unless you meant for the radio to be used instead of running to the reinforcements radio, as a substitute for the one reinforcement

1 Like

Same concerns that @No-Hesitation pointed out. For me that is a hard no in current state, without any class restrictions per match.

1 Like

If somehow you could only have one in a party sure. But you’d have to take out all the ones on the map

1 Like

Yeah, it would only replace a single Reinforcement call, it wouldn’t be a free extra reinforcement. So no stacking calls by having more radios, the only thing that would do is provide more targets.

1 Like

Ah, that sounds much more reasonable
I like the idea

2 Likes