Current State of the Game v 0.05

v.05- Adding invincibility frames to list of known bugs to the predator when climbing a tree trunk to branch or climbing the main trunk.
v.04- Added Bugs Level -1 pred, and increased party dropping after last patch, Adding new bomb glitch.
v.03- Added Plasma cutter build to pred, proper html links now unlocked, added tattoo suggestions and spelling corrections.
v.02-No bugs that were fixed were actually fixed in this patch. It caused more instability and more errors. Adding Login Error to bugs. Adding floating graphical glitch objects and spawns to backwater. Adding lack of consequence or win conditions to suggestions. Adding Bullet Penetration to .5 caliber bolt action rifles to suggestions.

Im concurrently the largest streamer of this game, I make frequent examples within my gameplay of the following examples and data provided. For those interested: https://twitch.tv/igoddessi
This will be a Listing of bugs. My experience as well as examples.

I often 1v1 the predator as fire-team. Able to Knife fight, kite heal and re-engage. Some watching would think fireteam is overpowered but alas this is not the case. A tank pred with nets can make quick work, also by jumping, walking backwards and bowing he is able to kite me and im unable to react effectively. Weapon switching to knife is frustratingly idiotic and slow and I believe not working as intended.
Predator with the recent buff to the plasma cutter can now rapid fire point blank while pred kites, jump 3 shots knife and repeat. Very powerful, very deadly.

Human Predator Build:
Scout, Sniper Unsilenced- Extended Mag - zero effect on reload speed. XDB-12 Extended Mag not needed. S
-Silencers are useless and a waste of time. Unless your solo farming single player for loot. They provide no effect on the outcome of the mission as the mission itself will always spawn AI regardless. Taking them out as fast as possible is needed.
PERKS:
Heavy Hitter - For the knife fight, a predator who sees you with a sniper is often caught off guard when theyre getting their asses beat in solo by a scout able to tank and spank thanks to …
Yautja’s Bane- that stacks all damage you do. Needed for bursting and soloing. As if your pubbing or even in a group they are not often reliable to deal damage to save your own life.
Double Time- Absolutely needed, for tracking down the pred denying him his heal often right click spamming his head from the front so he cant escape he will often die. If not you can double shot face up close for Second wind, keeping in mind it might lead to your demise for weapon switch. Also for when your the last alive to dive for a revive.

SPEED is the ultimate weapon against a pred, it gives you versatility and freedom of movement in every way giving you the precious opportunities to parry faster, side strafe during a knife fight, kite that extra distance and revive and survive where all other builds would have you die. It is the ultimate tool and the only reason I still play this game as it translates your movement and feels the least restrictive to control.
The Secondary Shotgun is sued to dispatch AI in one shot, sometimes two as long as its aimed above the head. it has long range and is the only weapon with a pack a punch power unerfed by the recent patch. Its able to double burst for a panic shot against a pred, or up close execute a bomb for a less than 3 second defusal time.
The sniper is to chunk off a preds hp, and to get easy align hits when hes running away, when the game actually decides to reg shots. Hit reg is a huge problem with the sniper rifle. Leading shots does next to nothing. The FPS in this game often dips very hard at times into the high 30s but it feels horrible and laggy and choppy probably in part from the awful game engine which im not a fan of specially for shooters.

Current gameplay is orientated for a controller scheme on predator. I personally like the large rotation orientation of the predator, it makes side strafing possible in a 1v1 knife fight.

Fixes Needed:
*Predator invincibility frames while climbing trees and jump hit box accuracy.
*Adding friends in epic and not having to restart the game. Repeatedly Or having to Sign out of Epic to get it to work.
*Adding players on console to crossplay with them on your friends list, even though Epic is linked to your PSN account.
*Currently Predator is overpowered but the large amount of unskilled players is an illusion. A Hunter Can Jump Spam kite, after 3 Jumps a Predator becomes invisible and dissapear. Having jumped somewhere else by that point. Regardless of fps the game will NOT register a preds animation frames of jumping away.
Combi Stick hits like a truck. Unable to kite even with a scout sprinting to heal and face back after a successful parry. Most preds dont know to chase aggressively enough.
*Nets- the gameplay around them is actually correct. But The way they feel now and the true state of them is next to impossible to avoid besides side strafing. Any build regardless of predator will win against a fire team if they are able to land nets. A successful deflection was only possible with a strong attack and must be implemented BEFORE the net is shot in close range to be able to be deflected. And thats just ONE. A predator Can Shoot a Second to Trap by moving close at the same time to guarantee a net. The button presses to be released from a net is way higher and much harder on a keyboard and on pc than on console. 3-4 presses on a controller while a predator can even take the trapper skill to increase the net time by a whopping 3 seconds. That is an eternity and guarantee that a predator could net the entire fireteam at the same time before the first can even break free.

Holding down the middle mouse, or quick swipe takes out the knife, easy and convenient until you realize it takes an eternity to do and must be done so far in advance its often better to have it out if a predator is 30-40 ft coming towards you. In the options menu the option to switch to weapon 3 and Weapon 4 when bound do nothing. I have tried this multiple times and for that reason I will be listing as unable to take out the knife via keyboard binds is as a bug Or working unintended.

So far its Kill the Predator through Aggression and tracking and smarts/ and money farm like mad.

Bugs/Critiques I have encountered:
*Predator invincibility frames when climbing the main tree trunk, when exiting trunk to branch, the full 2-3 seconds is fully invincible. No hits will hit or register during this time.
*Predator Bomb completely disappears when trying to defuse and unable to exit or do anything
*Increased Dropped from party games after the last patch.
*Predator level -1 When going into a match causing inability to change loadout.
*Floating spawns and objects on Backwater map-at the north east huts of the weed farm item floats, floating graphical objects at the water treatment plant- bolt fittings to pipes.
*User Login Error- You have been signed out.
*Game stability -Game freezes on Illfonic logo, at same place at same time repeatedly for multiple players. Ironically perfect representation.
*Getting stuck in the north base pole glitched between the bottom of the pole and inside the map of Trainyard.
*Bomb defusal now flickers and distorts symbols with no patch note change notes
*Bomb will get stuck in defusal rapidly cycling through the patterns unable to stop it without canceling out of it wasting valuable time.
*Going above 1080p will corrupt the human player in the title screen. No skin texture only eyeballs and mouth peace.
*In a duel monitor Resolution the human will become polygonal and untextured.
*Unable to eat pig corpses as a predator during the match denying the healing factor.
*Assassination missions can spawn the target to be killed under the map, making the mission impossible.
*Weapon 3 Weapon 4 keyboard binds for the knife do not work and do nothing.
*Ending glitch camera- Arnold follows chopper, gets squished by chopper, chopper blades come through the models.
*Network error happens randomly booting players from the group
*Spawning 3 dozen tapes on the bridge of certain maps , their glow illuminating through the grounds surface.
*Killing predator before chopper has taken off can result in the chopper taking off and the mission ending in either favor and or draw.
*Predator can now double Jump Slam for instant downs or rebounding slams, its worse.
*Predator Jump abuse can tank huge amounts of abuse from bad hit detection while traveling through the air.
*Silencers are pointless choice in the game and this leads to…
*Weapon stats are not accurate.
*Bolt Action Sniper does more damage and penetration damage than its Automatic Counterpart despite being listed as the same damage. This is untrue.
*Silencers give -10 damage to all weapon damage despite not being displayed nor described as such.
*Either the fireteam or the predator are unable to move at random times and stuck in place.
*Trees, getting stuck can be frustrating and while the additional cover may be appreciated from its branches it can result in trapping and taking control away from the player, which always feels bad.
*Lack of fireteam tutorial means players are often horribly useless.
*Crossplay On Off: Console fireteam players are really really bad. They act like sheep and I would prefer to have the AI follow me around. I’ve met a few competent predators. 1 good pred and 1 good fireteam on console out of a few hundred players. This is not a neg, just an observation. Adding a fireteam tutorial might help a bunch and making it a requirement to pass before online play would be a nice touch.

Suggestions:
*.50 Caliber rifles dont penetrate leaves, considering their limited capacity and time to fire this is a mistake, at least allow the bolt action to penetrate foliage. Branches Optional, unless there is a perk provided?
*Add music that can be played from the party leader or one of the highest level players on the chopper at the beginning and at the end as an in game item. Cha ching for you.
*City Level, urban environment
*Add Predator trophy room, physical pile of skulls that represents real kill totals of fireteam etc.
*Add Additional levels beyond 100 if anything only for Seniority. Make them Infinite, it feels good to boast and show off for the time spent. The only thing I got going on is the journey to a million Vert. at the time of this writing.
*As a way to measure progress, cosmetic unlock add tattoos on the predator only unlocked after winning or killing a total number of fireteam members.

New Game Ideas:
Big lobby, pick up and play, A never ending game map where once a pred is killed another player takes his place in line and once fireteams are dead the revived players are other’s in lobby and more keep joining once team is wiped.
-Day Night Options/ Random for maps.
-Dynamic Day Night Option- Realtime setting sun Can start as day and sunset and night time by the end? Would be pretty dynamic and fun.
-Two fire teams compete to hunt 1 or more predators.
-Able to fight on board a predator’s ship in a ritualistic 1v1.
-Creepy Aliens ship for a more of a horror vibe. Would be pretty cool. AVP anyone?

6 Likes

couldnt agree more with your assessment.

for a game thats trying to promote/encourage stealth has poorly executed this gameplay mechanic period.

someone who plays as both. i personally feel slam needs to go along with spotting. a medium would be spotting only works on a visible predator not cloaked, and slam only flashbangs FT.

fix thermal visions for the predator where the terrain and environment is more visible and not just negative space making it a solid blue on the screen. why isnt this the primary vision mode for the predator in the first place? add night vision goggles for FT and create night missions too, or day night cycle.

So you can 1v1 preds but you say pred is op?
Oh sure. Suuure.
Theres nothing wrong with net.
Jump spam?

What the fuck is it with people and calling everything spam. You know what, sure, by your logic the worst spam in the game is ft gun spam. Yall should have a 10 second cool down per shot -_- getting real sick and tired of people not understanding spam is really only applicable to fighting games.

4 Likes

Look, I’m not the biggest fan of slam, but you know a lot of people love it.

You take the damage away its pointless. Unless you’re roof slamming, doing so is a death sentence.
If you’re going to take away the damage you might as well remove it and give us a different ability. I mean jd prefer something else anyway. But unless the blind is going to last 5-7 seconds without damage, its pointless.

1 Like

slam can act as a stun, so FT techically tazed for a few seconds with the animation taken into account.

gonna be honest when your stream only has 16 hours of stream time on the game i wouldn’t even consider you being the largest streamer of the game
2nd i disagree entierly with the notion that speed is the most important trait for the FT
when it’s clearly hp having more hp means you live longer if you live longer that means more time for your other FT to light up the pred when he does anything and if he doesn’t net you you have the HP to kill the predator without ever taking out your knife making that problem of equipping it void
albeit i agree the quickswapping is an issue
along with any of the bugs you mention
the stick has been nerfed 2 times albeit it’s ranged dmg should probably be lowered
and you can certainly strafe it i have many many times on a support which is way slower than the scout sounds like it’s up to the predator to land that throw more than the FT is inclined to dodge it

net gun probably needs a nerf in firespeed to prevent full team nets but it’s duration is fine just take faster interaction speed perk and you can reduce the time of a net by 1.1 seconds and knifing you know removes it instantly

again since you only have 16 or so hours streamed on the game i’d assume you haven’t seen this

or this

maybe it’ll help you out maybe you’ll ignore it that’s up to you

2 Likes

I understand and appreciate the time and efforts you put in this topic. I do agree with some of the points others I am not sure.

There were many topics covering such aspects, from different people, several ideas debated over here.

I just feel that the forum is becoming like the game–as sad as it is-- where we are playing the same old topics with a slightly difference here and there…just like the current maps.

Idk, like I said man it’s not really for me. It’s more for those who love it. I personally would like a few more skills, even if they’re like a utility thing. No damage but helps out someway.

Ive just never been a fan of moves that leave you wide open.

1 Like

“So you can 1v1 preds but you say pred is op?”
A. Yes. A large majority of predators are not prepared to be tracked down with prejudice and countered in melee. This does not mean they are not entirely capable of dealing with a lone wolf. They have an array of powerful tools that can be hotkeyed for fast switching to kite and I will never be able to get a hit off. They react faster to lunge of i try to switch a weapon to range counter their kite. Its no different than a fighting game of footsies and positioning.

I speak not out of anger nor favoritism. There are jump spam builds with infinite no cooldown on leap. There are exploitative gaps depending on positioning.

There are predators who jump and will not stand still because they know how powerful it is. I trust you explore these opportunities yourself.

1 Like

Do you mean slam? Cause your saying jump and leap. And yes being a lone wolf is stupid as hell when your ft. I love murdering cocky ft who think they’re bad ass, JUST like you described your play style.

Sure, if you got back up, it can work, but 1v1 vs a good pred? Youl get put in your place and reminded you’re the prey.

But if you mean slam, you need to explain that. Cause if you’re talking about merely jumping or leaping, then I say again, by that logic, then ft has the worst spam I the game which is non stop shooting. Gun spam.

The pred is not OP.

“gonna be honest when your stream only has 16 hours of stream time on the game i wouldn’t even consider you being the largest streamer of the game”
A. Please go take a look in my previous broadcast section. If you would take a look at my past videos you can see multiple videos well over 10 hours each in a single play session. Roughly over 90 hours at least of responding with the majority of con-current viewers being in top slot.
As a player and fan of asymmetrical pvp games and shooters I’ve found a real love to this game.
28,000+ counterstrike hours before server resets
2.3k+ l4d2
2.2k+ Ns2

Speed and HP are very important. Its why I used to run Thick Skin. But because you can block the majority of damage in melee and flank, the bonus to damage outweighs defense. It wont matter really if you cant force the predator off you as he WILL beat you if he lands a two string or a blast and can follow up, regardless of that perk. Force and break him into second wind and he cant compete.

Also have to keep in mind of the other teams composition as a total health pool. And the slower tankier types never end up making it without the predator making the wrong decision to engage.

The true power lay in not letting the pred have the choice in the first place.

I have talked about the knifing mechanic in my original post.

No, I mean leaping and jump not slam, that is can easily pare but not necessarily. Leap builds for those with bows and ranged. Not Slam builds.

Are you talking about when pred runs in, slaps you, does a little jump, then slaps you again, and keeps doing that?

Indeed! Bows, other assorted weapons but essentially that.

Ok well then it’s really hard to take you seriously. I’m glad you seem to actually want to discuss things. Most ppl just want to argue.

But someone constantly jumping and keaping as pred is how you’re supposed to play.
This isnt spam, this is dodging.

You used the term zoning and footsies, so It surprises me you can say anything is spam in this game.

The only thing that can really be considered spam is just slam spam.

1 Like

Simple solution. If predator normal jumps repeatedly, his jumps get weaker and weaker till he cant jump.

Other than that Im not really sure.

The problem is, if you make preds normal jumps take stamina, its either gonna take way too much or not enough lol.

But I watched someone pulling that jumping bs and it was dumb lol. Its gotta be especially bad for controller FT players

Nets are only powerful when a fireteam doesn’t know you can melee your teammates out of them. Which is more common than you’d think.

Id say 90% of the FT playerbase has no idea about that lol.

1 Like

Haha that sounds like a pretty accurate number

1 Like

Again, infinite jump builds while slaughtering your fire team from a predator that is fully invisible to you when they jump out of close proximity after their third jump.

That is a problem for a competent pred and a team that knows better. You move to knife your teamate, you group up for a slam.

Or net, jump away and bow for the luls.

Best survival is to go in opposite direction of the pred regardless of team so he has to waste the most time to finish you and hopefully take the most damage enough to run instead of camp your body IF you do go down IF at all.