Fear Factor

I am sure some balancing would be required, like give it a small stagger like its when you parry(with some internal CD so you can’t chain it), nothing major. Also hit and runs are performed usually by getting out of there before you get shot back. You would also need to look what the guy you’re about to attack has equipped. It takes time to switch weapons and you can force him to switch to something that has range by using range on him.

I just see way too many unintended consequences to a knock back for FT.
Pred on the other hand, enough of this body block bullying. Give him a knock back to escape buildings and corners.

Nah, If a pred get’s tricked in entering a building and get’s trapped inside, he deserves to lose (that is a huge mistake).

And as I said, you already have the parry thing, just give it the same thing. It would also make perfect sense with shotguns, in the movie the predator ended up on his ass after some shoots.

100% disagree on both points

Perhaps I can see why you would disagree with the shotgun thing but why should the predator get saved after making a mistake?

How would it sound to make solo FT invulnerable to predator damage? Its very dumb to split up by yourself. But hey, let’s protect people from stupid mistakes :)

Specializations lock on certain classes ur forced to run specific specializations.

Especially for predator cause ur going up against 4 specializations against yours which is only 1.

so technically fireteam still stomps cause fireteam has overall 16 perk points im counting spec in there too and pred has 4.

People who support the fact keeping it locked for each class are people who think asymmetrical game like predator can work like this without being repetitive… it already is lmao…

For the disc the only nerf I would suggest is to lower the HP of the disc some since you now have 3, nothing too substantial but enough that it doesn’t take 3 extended mags from the 1911 with scout dualist.

As for shotguns, they could have a disorienting effect on the pred. The stronger and lower rate of fire on the shotgun the better the effect. This could allow the FT member with it to be somewhat a support for the team that helps to disorient the pred or have that quick saving grace to be able to dodge a melee attack at the last second.

#1 I think it’s just a dirty cheap and stupid thing

#2 Every FT can make a mistake and recover a lot faster and better than the Pred when he does

#3 It still probably won’t save preds that walk in on a 4 man team, but it’ll at least give a chance to recover

#1 It would give shotguns something unique that would make people use them but to each their own.
#2 Pred can recolver faster(my opinion), just not from a massive mistake like going like a dumdum inside the house with players alive and able to block the door.
#3 Preds should not walk in and survive even if nobody blocks it. Preds should melt from 4 people coordinated fire right into them.

I don’t fear anything about this game, BUT:
I never had a game in the last years, that made my heart beat and my hands shake that crazy.
Whenever I play against my own team as Pred, I’ll sit there for at least half an hour like:

Adding weather effects like a thunderstorm, nighttime, etc would be really cool and give a whole other feeling!

Wasn’t talking about shotguns at all there, strictly body blocking.

No a pred probably won’t survive walking in on a 4 man team, I said that. Chasing 1 and then getting pinned in a corner though? I just feel buildings shouldn’t be COMPLETELY off limits to pred as they basically are now

Dude, FT needs some “safe space” just as well. You can use AOE to damage them, use windows, use the disk (you get 3 now) etc. There are way of dealing with it.

Oh I know, but it should be a breather, not a campsite

Edit: if I’ve got you one on one at all, you’re dead to rights and should be. Not able to force the pred in a corner and hold him there till back up comes or he goes down. You should be looking for cover but also moving for your team not trying to trap the pred, see what I’m saying?

You can’t turn a building into a campsite. Also only bad players decide to camp buildings, with the odd one out that just wants to troll but I’ve never done it, its boring.

Finally, here’s the kicker, do you know what happens if they don’t come out? They lose! :) You can’t win by camping since you’re on time, time runs out = you lose. So you can grab a beer and camp the outside, yes, its boring but if you really don’t want to put the effort of using your tools to deal with them… The boring one is always there.

I’d rather use gameplay to discourage the idea all together

Honestly, I don’t care either way, but I think the point of class locked specializations is to keep predators within certain niches. If it were up to me, I would consider letting every predator have access to disciplined, while keeping all of the damage buff specializations class locked.

2 Likes

i give it a 0

i have literally never had any fear in this game

stuff is too cartoony and too bright to actually be scary

Are there particular items or textures that you are referring to?

I actually think that this game got things right with the visuals.

FT have 4 specializations each. Pred has 3.
Add one to Scout and make disciplined universal I think would be very fair. On top of that the hilarity of sneaking up on someone with a Viking

1 Like

Yes, because the only reason military units are extracted by chopper is because they were scared.