Future Patch Ideas (Work-In-Progress)

a good predator doesn’t need to worry about ammo on the map, but there are severely reduced in spawns, so this is balanced.
there are buffs and nerfs to both predator and fireteam, but only a predator main would say that danhk87

and with all of the changes, this would make predator still more powerful than a coordinated fireteam because a good predator vs a good team is still evenly matched

1 Like

lol @ only a pred main would say that. the ignorance on here is unreal. im almost level 90 from playing fireteam. more ammo isnt needed when we have all of that but ok.

1 Like

We need ability to remap movement keybinding on PC (for keyboard and mouse). Please.

2 Likes

except predators can and do destroy the ammo caches and there is maybe 1 (at max 2 per map) and ammo resupplies from players only restore 1/4th of someone’s ammo…

yes, that would be awesome

1 Like

Why make the quick claim longer? Then it’s no longer “Quick Claim.” Plus what do you mean a quick claim is not an honorable kill? Technically the FT member is already dead so it was an honorable kill. The quick claim is fine. It helps Scout to be able to get in and get out. So, punishing a Predator player for not standing there for the FT to just shoot him/her. Also, most definitely don’t make it less points for doing that either. That’s just a salty player wanting the Predator to stand still for them if you ask me.

1 Like

It can still be quick and be slightly longer than instant head ripping off and the fireteam member still has health when downed which makes the quick claim an instant kill and thus less than honorable. It’s not salty when literally everyone does it, even predator mains admit to doing it to force a quick kill. You don’t understand people who play both and want this game to be balanced instead of just being a roflstomp for the predator.

1 Like

I do it as a Predator main. It’s literally useful as hell. Obviously I’m not going to rush in and try to do a long claim on someone while the team is standing there. I play as Scout and I don’t stand a chance doing a long claim unless the whole team is down already or I just caught someone all alone.

But it’s fine when one FT member runs off while I slay his team to bring them all back in 10 seconds? Without any punishment or anything? Honorable kill is any kill a Predator can get on FT members. It’s 4v1

More impotantly missions should not come to an end if say 2 fire team members escape in helicopter yet the 2 other fire team members wonna stay and go up against the predator.

More importantly more ingame time/missions/maps/content/statistics and cinematics because this game feels nothing but an online demo!

Add the annoying predator bug (PC) with the bow, where it randomly starts shooting offset to the right, seems to correct itself though, possibly after a weapon change.

Oh and the one on fireteam where you can’t defuse the bomb, the hexagon appears when pressing F but the minigame doesnt start.

Quick claim is used and abused by predators and would need to not only be lengthened to 2 seconds but also interrupted by melee before any thoughts can be given to changing how reinforce works

2 Likes

FIX MATCH MAKING. last words were: couldnt… parry…

The possibility to cancel claims would be a great idea ! Just like in F13, we could free others players from Jason’s grip by hitting him. That way it would reduce the need of the reinforcement.

2 Likes

Ammo spawn rate should stay at its current state theres already waay to much ammo on site and bags carry 4 restocks per bag x2 and potentially by 4 members.

Syringe if its going to weigh less needs to have a drawback because opens a vital point for perks. It speed heals 100 points, more than enough most times used to heal FT member to full if not near full health with it. Then potentially three times, along with med kits having full heal, multiple times potentially carried by 4 members. The speed heal reduced or less heal points then. Could addressed along side the med pack to even out their uses.

Quick claims before they are changed should be debugged first. The are very unresponsive at times, and sometimes things like stairs mess them up. Before its tweaked they need to work right in the first place.

The honorable kill rating should be rated by damage taken by what weapon, that could encourage less caster spams, slam spams, stuff like that.

Weapon loads outs could have a class restriction. Or weapons could have weight and classes can carry more or less. Sort by power and type. Just ideas.

Spotting needs a cool down, the red outline specifically.

Boars are plentiful and could be lessened.

Everyone’s hud and text can be cleaned up, reorganized and text clean ups.

All controls both sides need debug and QOL checks.

I like this post from the other thread and I think it would be good to expand on what you were saying here

2 Likes

I have updated the hopefully notes at the top, thank you Dragnar for keeping me posted

I am going to brainstorm with some people on your suggestions and see what we can come up with

I agree with everything except for the ammo drops being increased and boars spawns decreasing. They need to fix how boars spawns and maybe have a max 3-4 per game. Now for melee interrupting quick claim i strongly disagree and i disagree with increasing the time. Reason being the moment you are up against a well coordinated FT you won’t get any kills then. A short claim will equal death for pred every time. Now, again besides those points everything else you brought up are great points that need some fixing.

Why make the quick claim longer? Then it’s no longer “Quick Claim.” Plus what do you mean a quick claim is not an honorable kill? Technically the FT member is already dead so it was an honorable kill. The quick claim is fine. It helps Scout to be able to get in and get out. So, punishing a Predator player for not standing there for the FT to just shoot him/her. Also, most definitely don’t make it less points for doing that either. That’s just a salty player wanting the Predator to stand still for them if you ask me.

I agree with the points here. Not the last sentence of being salty but yeah if you screw with quick claim thats literally a death sentence for any scout predator player. Scout would become completely unplayable against a good FT.

1 Like

Again, if you lengthen it it’s no longer a Quick Claim lol
Also, if you stick with your team you could stop the Predator from swooping down and claiming anyone anyway. Obviously you just want the Predator to be weak, slow and unable to be a trophy hunter. You want the Predator to stand still, be able to be interrupted while he/she does anything and make the FT undying super humans. There is a lot of balancing issues on both sides that need to get fixed but the quick claim is the dumbest one I’ve heard so far.