Future Patch Ideas (Work-In-Progress)

FIX PC and PS4 friends being able to play together

FIX 1.09 crashes and logouts

New

• ADD DEDICATED SERVERS for both quickplay and private matches
  • Add Private Match settings
  • Allowing all stats to be adjusted for the ability to tune Predator and Fireteam (purpose: league/rank or fun)

• Add in some more engaging objectives for both the Predator and Fireteam
  • Add Prestige or infinite level 100 to continue earning XP as currency
  • Add a tab where you can see stats
  • For example: Predator/Fireteam kills, times extracted, amount of time played as Predator/Fireteam

Predator:

• Add ability to switch shoulder camera with a toggle from over left shoulder or over right shoulder
  • Add damage numbers to weapons with and without perks
  • Add numerical value to Predator health
  • Add ways for the Predator to collect currency

Fireteam:

• Add keybind to toggle between Team Only (Not Predators) and Global Voice Chat
  • Add damage numbers to weapons before and after suppressors as well as with and without perks
  • Add smash random key to win arm wrestle in Predator down, full Fireteam alive ending (Test your might style)

Bug Fixes

All:

• Fix getting stuck on interaction key (default: F)
  • Add reasonable internal cooldown to prevent exploitation thru macros
  • Fix the map and minimap to show the correct and same information
  • Upon death (downing) outside-of-bounds Predators must be teleported to just inside bounds to prevent abuse
  • Add slopes and ramps/jump spots to get up on all buildings in all maps and remove in-bounds unobtainable spots
  • Fix the ability for players on different versions of the games to get higher/longer jumps

Predator:

• Fix the bug where interaction results in you randomly jumping to the nearest tree (eating a pig or claiming)
  • Fix the ability to downscale graphics to see through foliage
  • Increase the range to retrieve the Smart Disc (to avoid sticking in trees and such)
  • Fix bug when sometimes Predator is unable to quick claim kill after downing a Fireteam
  • Fix boars despawning in front of Predators that are hunting them
  • Fix changing branches in some instances not landing properly on the target branch
  • Fix unstable armor, plasma caster, and wrist blade color
  • Fix issues with the plasma caster’s aiming

Fireteam:

• Remove dialogue from the same volume slider as Predator chittering
  • Fixe scopes bugging out when aiming down sights and shooting
  • Smoke should no longer controlled by client side graphical settings
  • Removed infinitely scrolling/bugged defuse
  • Fix issue with G-ROW (AUG) not being sighted correctly with the holographic sight
  • Fix throwables clipping on a downed Predator (not throwing)
  • Fix throwables being inconsistent, especially while strafing

Environment:

• Fix retractable roof on Backwater by moving it to server-side
  • Fix boar spawns

Balance Changes

Predator:

• Increase responsiveness of leap to be more intuitive
  • Crouch and slow walking Predators should make significantly reduced noise
  • Add ability to invert Smart Disc controls (and keybind them to the WASD keys for keyboards)
  • Add Second Wind blind distance to effect a larger radius
  • Significantly increase rewards (including currency) of Long Claim Kill
  • This should help to incentivize Predators to get more honorable kills

• Reduce rewards from quick claim kills as less than honorable kills
  • Leap slam has a minimum effective range so it cannot be used indoors or too close for maximum damage
  • Make the Smart Disc not destroyable
  • Increase damage of:
  • Smart Disc (Melee)
  • War Club

I think we have a fair solution to both parties now.

• Quick claim is a 1 second duration (up from 0.5)

• Makes the Fireteam member eligible for reinforcement

• Long claim maintains current duration

• Makes the Fireteam member not eligible for reinforcement

To clarify: Anyone killed by quick claim is eligible for reinforcement, but anyone that is long claim (provided that the reinforcement hasn’t started while they are down) is not eligible for reinforcement.

Fireteam:

• Remove haze on defuser to help people with vision issues
  • Increase effectiveness of flashbangs on Predators
  • Increase effectiveness and radius of noise makers
  • Reduce weight of syringes to 3 (down from 4)
  • With the boars spawns not only fixed, but also reliable, Predators will have not have to use medkits to heal unless absolutely necessary.

• Increase amount of objectives required before able to extract

Environment:

• Ammo spawns increase by 25%

• With the ability to reliably heal off boars with the Predator, this should be a non-issue

• Boar spawns decrease by 25%

• With boar spawns fixed, this should be a non-issue

• This will help with the bullet sponge-ness of predators not having to use medkits to heal because of the overflow of boars

• Reduce AI spotting and combat effectiveness through tarped fences and brush

Final notes, this is a work-in-progress, please be respectful of everyone commenting and replying no matter what role they play. We want to make this a fun game for everyone.

What was done in Patch 1.08

• Increased damage of the following weapons: Hand Held Plasma Caster, Smart Disc (Melee), War Club
  • Added daily and weekly mission for extra currency and field lockers
  • Fixed rapid fire exploit
  • Added Nvidia support and drivers for the PC edition
  • Fixed Predators being yeeted into the sky while climbing a tree with the bow equipped
  • Added ability to rebind keys for weapons (primary, secondary, and plasma caster)
  • Actions such as getting onto the chopper and defusing are prioritized over reloading
  • Fixed PC not being able to change weapons
36 Likes

I have been working with this person and his team who uses as much scientific testing as possible (like a millimeter ruler on the screen to test damage outputs and intakes). I support these notes and I would like to add in another thing that we all want this game to be fun, so just be nice to each other.

9 Likes

Dev’s take heart and read, your community needs you here. <3 I support all the above. =D

9 Likes

I love alot of these suggestions. Especially the more technical ones like shoulder camera changing which is massive.

12 Likes

Looks like alot of different approaches to things I tried to fix in my own patch notes. Only thing I dont know about is the predator quick claim being interruptible and slower. Even now with preds buffed. The fireteam can second wind the predator in the time it takes to quick claim. Punishing him for a greedy claim. Making it slower defeats the purpose. And making it interruptible with a melee I would argue actually could end up working in the predators favor a bit too much.

Everything else though. Is awesome. Keep up the good work guys.

2 Likes

I understand, but if you check it out from the other side, they are basically instantly killed with no interruptions and then require the reinforcement to come into effect. It is a self-generating cycle. Do you know what I mean?

3 Likes

I agree with most, but the quick claim… If it is increased to 3 seconds and make it interuptable you may as well remove it all the same. I do not think anyone would use it. I love the idea of increased rewards for long claim.

2 Likes

what about keeping the same time (or 1 second on it on it) but adding in the ability to interrupt it?

2 Likes

I completely understand. But truth be told. If I really want to kill a FT member… Im not gonna go for the quick claim. As a pred main im more likely to spam arrows or plasma caster shots till they bleed out

Or do a quick double loop with the smart disc if im desperate enough lolll

Boars should be spread out more accross the map instead. Often they spawn in heards making it an one spot meat market.

8 Likes

that’s a good idea, thank you
we are exploring and finding more bugs and things to improve the game for both sides but we are interested in seeing how these changes would work out before revamping the balances, you know?

4 Likes

That would work. Claims should be interuptable. No Predator in its right mind (talking if they actually existed, and not players) would would act as a bullet sponge trying to get the skull.

1 Like

I mean… Thats because in real life most people would fucking run. Thats why in all the movies the predators straight up murder someone right next to like 5 other people, and decloak and jerk themselves off while everyone runs 😂

Edit

But I am of the mind set that if something like that is implemented, then quick claims should be outright removed

And if they are. All that’s gonna happen is, preds are gonna play more ranged. They are gonna arrow or plasma spam downed enemies. And once the ft clears out they will collect the skull anyways. Might as well leave it as is, because greedy players will overexpose themselves religiously and be punished for it. Where as smart players will just do something else and really never get punished anyway.

Yes, I see your point :-) If the Predator’s stalking capabilities were increased then I think it would be more feared in the game as well as you would have to position yourself better as FT. This would also add to a suspense factor in regard to time if you choose to utilize the time guarding the body of your decreased comrade in case the Predator goes in for the claim. I believe increased stalking capabilities would also decrease number of FT and Predator brawls - let try even out the numbers between long/medium range encounters vs. melee encounters.

I still think all heath items(pigs included) that can be found in the field just need to go…

You have what you bring in. Nothing more…

Ammo can stay though, because guns are usless without bullets…

Shameless plug. Go read the pred section. Or all of it.

Edit

Ddog feel free to plug on my shit too lol. Only fair.

Fireteam would be able to bring in waaaay too much currently. And would win the attrition war against pred if we do that.

Eehmm… What?! My reply was not meant as he should number crunch or do the work, but IF anybody sharing my opinion about currrent game play options make it known it could help impact the further development of the game.