GoreHound Horror Club

Been worried about about this franchise since the last movie.
Imagine my disappointment when the previous Thing Prequel was just a generic body horror cgi rehash of the same ideas :/

High hopes though. Carpenter creates really good atmosphere that Thing needs to actually be a tense movie & not just a typical monster rampage. They’re in the arctic but might as well be in space and no movie really recaptures that feeling of isolation. Biggest appeal is that the whole thing is like a round of werewolves/mafia with a twist. But like with the 2011 one thats totally lost when it goes full slasher and you don’t care about any of the buildup or characters acting suspicious. There was no mystery to the last one D:

1 Like

I thought the prequel was interesting in that it explores what happens to the Norwegians.

The fact that even 1 second of CGI was used is a travesty… Especially since they did make practical effects that went unused. I take that back. It was just bad CG. CGI could add a lot.

There is a comic book that is a sequel to the Carpenter movie, haven’t read it though.

I’m skeptical of this announcement as well. The film is too good to be remade IMO

A soft reboot could work with a different team in a different location.

I think space or maybe the jungle would be a good setting. Maybe even a small town or large city?

Imagine instead of them finding the ship in the snow, it crash lands in a populated area and is a huge global phenomena that unfolds on live TV and quickly starts to spread across the globe.

HEAVY BREATHING

1 Like

Folks, we got a celebrity in the building!!

Let’s give a warm welcome to the one, the only, the shape himself!! @Michael_Myers

Hey Mikey you should kill whoever is stopping your new movie from going to VOD!

STALKING

1 Like

It warms my cold dead heart knowing you’ve returned home.

Might as well use this as an excuse to discuss the latest horror movie I watched

Cult of Chucky

It grows on me with every viewing.

The first time was kinda shocking seeing the design of Chucky and his voice when he’s in doll mode.

There’s still one scene that makes me crack up. The nightmare Nica has when Chucky is all super sized. Awful. In a good way.

The kills are absolutely phenomenal however!

I also like Nica as Chucky. Her laugh is spot on, just needs slight modulation to be more masculine.

Fun Fact!

I met Brad and Fiona Douriff at Costco of all places! They were both really nice!

Good game

Wrong. Great game! Lol.

I hope they revive the franchise.

Bruh

I crave for a dead space 1 remake 😤

Maybe one of these days

There is a poor mans dead space that is in development called “Negative Atmosphere” which is being made by a small team of devs but it ain’t dead space, just ain’t the same ;-;

1 Like

I’d like a new story myself but I get it’s hard to not retread the same beats.

Well dead space 4 had potential, it’s just rip visceral. EA will have to find a new development team to work on

It went along of the lines of have an open world/survival horror so I thought that could’ve been cool to see

I feel Remedy would nail it.

Or whoever did max payne

Today the Paramount Network is airing an all day Friday the 13th Marathon.

So roll up a doobie and prepare to be slaughtered.

Don’t forget to bring some rubbers too!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3629609/paramount-network-airing-day-friday-13th-franchise-marathon-today/

My latest shout factory shipment came in the mail just a few minutes ago… Might as well discuss one of the movies I got

I saw the collectors edition was going out of print so I snatched it up faster than you can say, “Lick my plate, you dog dick!”

This is my favorite Texas Chainsaw film.

First, you get the legendary Bill Moseley as Chop Top

Second, you got a return from the man himself Drayton Saywer

Third, Caroline Williams is a total babe too!

Don’t forget about the gore by Tom Savini!

Some people don’t like the comedy, but I find it hilarious!

Bro that’s the worst horror movie of all time. Leather face was simping tryna get some coochie, and all the chick did was stare and scream all the time. My god I couldn’t stand the constant high pitch screaming.I couldn’t stand to watch it.

My favorite Texas chainsaw was the 2003 one

I agree with all your points about part 2 but that’s why I enjoy it lol. Call me a sadist lol.

I thought the 2003 one was done really well too. The sequel even!

R Lee Ermey stole the fuckin show!

Are you aware of the new one that is being reshot as we speak?

I was not aware of this

Behold! NEVER HIKE IN THE SNOW

1 Like