Hacking, Cheating and other stuff we constantly read everywhere

Your geometry teacher is very disappointed.

You are like a woman, who instead of wishing they didn’t have periods and all the bad symptoms that come with it, they wish men also had them and suffer like them.

Is like being poor and instead of wishing nobody was poor, you wish the whole world would be poor to suffer like you.

You are a disgrace to humanity

1 Like

Hacking definition

On computer systems

Obtaining UNAUTHORIZED access to systems and/or information. Example: obtaining the mac address of a device on an internal network which you are not authorized to use.

Hacking methods vary, from complex systems which decrypt encrypted data, to simple social engineering tactics to obtain credentials from a user.

Hacking in games works the same way, obtaining unauthorized access to the game system, source code or running process.

Exploiting bugs in the game, scripting recoil compensating patterns, automated inputs, etc. are examples of what could be considered cheating, but not hacking. Unless you are editing game files, game memory addresses, server code, etc. you are not using “hacks”, therefore, you are not “hacking”.

The words “hack” and “cheat” are not interchangeable, as one does not imply the other. You can hack a game without cheating on it (example, game mods). While you can cheat without hacking the game (example bug exploits).

Examples of game hacking/cheating

Using trainers to change stuff like ammo count, health, damage, etc.
Using wall hacks and aimbots (they use unauthorized access of the display output)

2 Likes

That’s a pretty far leap but alright.

1 Like

Aimbot, anti recoil, turbo buttons are not hacks??

serious-laugh-harder

Aimbot yes, you are hacking the display output (for an actual effective aimbot to work)

Anti-recoil, turbo, etc. are automated inputs, that is not classified as hacking because you are really not gaining any unauthorized access to game files and/or running processes

1 Like

Aimbot yes, if you delete recoil by altering a system file then yes but not if you use recoil control script for a modded controller or mouse, turbo action key inputs is not hacking.

1 Like

Everything that gives machanical or software leverage is hacking and/or cheating.
Go watch those e-tournament rules. They don’t even allow certain modded controllers with back paddles/extra buttons.

1 Like

DUDE… GET IT… Hacking and cheating do not mean the same thing. You seem to be confused about it and we are trying to explain this. They do not mean the same thing nor they are mutually inclusive.

1 Like

Sorry my mistake i should have said both hacking AND cheating. I thought it wouldn’t be necessary since the thread title says both words.
But i guess we have to detail every statement these days…

Already answered to that.

Drinking Monsters before the gym is hacking, ask @Cptclutch117 about his caffeine addiction, cheater!

3 Likes

No, you should have said hacking OR cheating. You seem still confused.

BTW, controllers with paddles are widely accepted on e-sports, so, not sure what indie tournaments you are talking about.

Everything that gives machanical or software leverage is hacking and/or cheating.

Also, following your statement, then everyone playing Forza with a racing wheel setup is cheating. Everyone playing Flight Simulator with a HOTAS or flight stick setup is cheating. Everyone playing Squadrons with a VR setup is cheating…

Hah. Or I’m like a person that wants there to be a minimum standard, so I am not forced to reduce the visual quality of my experience for a competitive edge, and wants games designed to create as fair of an environment for competition as is possible between different types of gaming systems.

If only the game ran buttery smooth on PS4 I would give you that, but it doesn’t. So you are not requesting PC to have the same visual advantages of console, but the same visual disadvantages (reduced framerate). Otherwise you would complain about the shit performance of the game and not that “PC has unfair advantages” boohoo

People don’t lower graphics on this game so is easier to play (game is easy as fuck for almost all PC players). They reduce graphics so the performance is better, because playing anything below 60 fps is fucking cancer to the eyes

Ever since they added night maps, they really should have added the option to lower graphics on all platforms, Predators are fucking blind with normal graphics settings. Sucks for ps pred players to have to endure that shit. Game is already hard enough as pred vs non potatos. And yeah game is gonna run like shit for most if they try to use high settings, specially while streaming.

3 Likes

Not sure what world you live in where games are fair and balanced

1 Like

Night maps only work in theory. illfonic made the moon so big it is very favorable for FT but not for pred. Also FT night vision is infinite, unlike pred’s thermal vision. Should have been made equally blinding for both and FT should have had a “battery” for the Night Vision (like other games).

But, people asked for night maps for over a year.

Gamer Playstation, caca, cheaters.