I have the best idea for a predator game that will never be made

Dawg like Garth Ennis with preds

1 Like

fr lmao

1 Like

OK so I understand what your looking for.

First let’s get the enemies. Going off of pred 2’s trophy scenes we have a vast array of alien species from that scene alone let alone what you can create given the set-up.

We also have colonial marines. They’re humans, no need to specify.

So any series that can’t accommodate both humans and monsters are gone.

Most games, including pred games, typically focus on one element of gameplay. Predator specializes in two.

Ranged and melee

Two dedicated systems that changes how each enemy plays based on your own playstyle.

And I’m not talking PHG melee either, I’m talking dark souls melee. Except also remember that I brought up limb damage. So dark souls with limb damage, but better than bloodbornes limb damage.

Imagine using a combistick to slice open an alien rhinos stomach and have it bleed half it’s health over the rest of the Fight.

Your not getting that from Samus.

So the franchise has to allow for

Dedicated Melee and ranged gameplay

Monster and human fights

Heavy dismemberment

Bow there is a series that meets these requirements.

Horizon

What separates Predator from that is stealth. Mainly in how it can be implemented.

Horizens stealth is the shit, with 90 different blind spots and 90 different same solutions.

For pred I’d like to take inspiration from Mark of the ninja. While MOTN does have hiding spots, stealth 8n that game was more about where you can’t be, rather than can be. Further more each encounter was more of a puzzle about breaking the enemies set up, rather than basic timing.

Preds cloak provides the first part brilliantly. Where you have to be in close quarters or specific sections to be seen.

The second part is three fold

One part is just game design

The second part is equipment. MOTN allows you to easily break set-ups using equipment, that pred easily has that due to their advanced tech.

The third part is mobility that goes beyond human capability

There’s also another potential grab where the predator can use terror tactics featuring dismemberment that Horizon can’t since their dismemberment is exclusive to their robots.

So

1. Melee and ranged

2. Monster and human fights

3. Heavy dismemberment

4. Proper stealth gameplay

Name a franchise that can feature all 4 of those. If you can, well good job I’ll try to find something else pred has over them.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to add emphasized and improved physical capabilities in ur list

That’s literally every game that features action. So every predator contender.

I can definitely picture a good single player open world pred game with a nice traversing and combat system that would be fun.

For MP (FPS/third person) what would be cool is having large maps and 3 factions, pred, marines and aliens, each side can base build too, maybe diff game modes like annihilation/capture points etc. Each side has their obvious pros and cons, different classes, customisable characters, base building options etc. will never happen but yeh… I can picture a game like this that would be enjoyable.

… interceptor from gta?
You mean oppressor?

Cause I meant a javelin.
Fucking christ do you even know what that is?

And spawn is no different from batman?
Bro, you have no idea wtf is even being talked about.

You keep trying to argue this shit with me. Yet you cant even keep up, dont understand what’s being mentioned, and keep bringing up even more horrible points.

Clearly you never played a spawn game, nor do you know the extent of his power if that’s all you think he has.

Fucking christ.
You have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.
At all.

So again, just like him, you literally cant prove your point about preds being as good as you believe them to be, and the only arguement you bring is, “nu uh they’re cool, you’re lame”

Bro like Outa here, preds are literally like a mid tier enemy at best compared to xcom units.

Thank you for at least bringing up some good selling points, but again, you realize this all sounds good on it’s own and doesn’t have to be pred right?

Oh and your game, is warframe.

See what I mean?
Preds ain’t anything special.

@kingjam3469
@ghosty_mag

Yet another character who would absolutely shit all over preds. Tenno/Warframes.

@Eshtion you would need better combat than dark souls. It wouldn’t work with preds. Like I love souls but that sounds boring. It would just be a good, somewhat fast paced gameplay.

But out of your list, dismemberment seems to be a huge selling point.

If that’s the case I’d rather play as carnage.
From spiderman.

My point is, anything pred can do, a bunch of other characters can do better.

I’m not huge on gore btw. So samus clean kill style fits me just fine.

Aside from tall, dark, and broody they aren’t similar at all. One relies on gadgets, and deductive skills while the other relies ingrained mythological powers. Even their fighting styles are completely different, one is more of pseudo-ninja the other will tank shit because it will not kill them.

1 Like

This isn’t a good argument for why pred alone shouldn’t get a game. For example, why should Samus get another game when glib glub the reality destroyer can do everything she does but better.

At least use a real character.
This shits too lazy rey.
If a character can do something better, it gives more potential to what they can do.

And having more good things in a game is better.

Spawn is a perfect example.
I’m my aim is combat, why would I want a pred focused game, when spawn literally has the potential for way better combat?
Same for carnage.

And you’d have a hard time finding a better character when it comes to samus.
Only reason I bring her up is because her tech is way superior to preds, and if tech is the angle, shed make for a way more fun experience.

Better character than Samus, Spawn. One can shape reality through mythological powers and the other can’t. You say a Javelin fucks up a pred therefore why bother, but Ironman or a transformer will make quick work of one any day of the week so make a game for one of them. Why make a carnage game when there’s better symbiotes out there. Why ever make a game of A when B over here can do what A does but better.

Also glib glub the reality destroyer may not be an established character but from the description alone it deserves a game over pretty much any other character. Better yet make it glib glub the infinitely reality destroyer.

You’re arguing just to argue, and you’re not negating anything I’ve said.

Theres better tech out there, there stronger and more skilled out there, there’s just way better than preds.

Theres no point in a single player pred game.
An AVP style game with different multiplayer aspects would work tho, but it needs a lot more to it, then what we’ve seen of it’s going to last.

But single player pred game?
Fucking boring.

I’m not arguing just to argue, I made a point from what I’ve read so far in this thread. You’ve been saying preds aren’t special because this character can do what they can but better. I say that’s bullshit as otherwise why bother making any game when someone can come along and make up some bullshit character that is better than anything else and there should only be games of that.

Yeah there’s better tech out there but who cares, I won’t stop giving a shit about commander Shepard because the Boss from Saints Row 4 has a mech suit that plays badass tunes.

Why isn’t there a point to a SP pred game? Concrete Jungle did and it’s by far one of the most beloved pred games in history. The game provided a decent story, rich world building, a lot of variety, unique soundtrack. This is all from a PS2 game, a modern day version has the potential to be amazing although devs would fuck it up immensely. Just because enough find that concept boring doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

2 Likes

Devs: Yeah, instead of developing this game, let’s create a whole new fucked up game.

This game had it’s chance.

So let’s waste resources on a less popular character because a few people want it?

Fuck that.

Did nobody read the article i wrote about a Predator game vs celebrity FT?
or the Open world game? well here they are again folks: That was two years ago!

2 Likes

They are but I think he just doesn’t want them added because they’ll probably automatically make the game an avp game if they’re part of the main game

If everything was only ever created by popular demand we’d have nothing but Marvel characters or [insert extremely popular media] and no variety or chance of getting something good. Also nothing is stopping other franchises from spending resources on other games. If the studio behind Metroid wants to make a Metroid game then they aren’t gonna give a fuck what some other studio wants to make unless it’s another Metroid.

1 Like