I want to play Pred but...

As for bugs, F13 still has tons. Illfonic was also developed by them. Bugs take time to fix, and even then it can cause more bugs. So then the patching continues. It’s all computer coding. I code, and coding takes testing and time. When you think it’s done, boom! You see another line of code that needs to be modified.

Just because I agree with those who think pred is underpowered doesnt mean I’m bitching and whining.

You dont even know me. You dont understand me.
I get where you’re coming from, but I simply dont agree.

But you have no idea what I’m actually saying.

So tell me. Me with me wanting so little, how am I a whiny bitch?

Cause you turning it into a whine about predator being underpowered, which is only your opinion. Predator has many OP tools at his disposal. If you can’t kill FT when they are together like most good player do, then use your thermal vision and wait to attack when they slit up. Stalk them, and lay in waiting to pounce.

Most of your point are legit. I’m just so tired of hearing people complain that predator isn’t OP enough. I’m a very good FT player and I still die more than not. As predator, I kill everyone with no challenge. Here lately, I have played with most FT for two reasons.

1. Wait time as predator is too high.
  2. It is more challenging to play as FT because they are underpowered since all the nerfs.

You make good points dude, and I am not knocking you for those. But you lose some valuable view points when siding with the cry babies that want an all powerful, undefeatable predator. They are referred to as “pred boys” or “predator mains”. They only play predator and they mostly can’t play good and get mad cause they die.

Stick to posting about the bugs and smoothing out the gameplay. Trust me, there are too many pred boys bitching about predator itself. Lol.

But like I can see where you’re coming from, I can see where they’re coming from.

It’s just how I am.
Theres not too much I will completely disagree with.

You know why iI say pred isnt op, but ft is?
Its because how easy a time I have on ft.
It’s not from me playing pred.

Not once did I call the ft op until I started playing it.

It’s why I get so pissed off when I see all the arguing and disagreements. Cause I dont understand why ppl cant see the points of others, and be so fucking stubborn on they’re own.

You say pred is OP cause you win with no challenge.
That’s usually how it is with me. But it’s not because of the pred, it’s because of me.

Which is why I’ve told you before, you cant call pred op, purely cause you do good on him.

There are a few who want to be god mode vs ft.
But a lot of ppl who complain arent really wanting that.
They just want the game to feel like a 1v4.

And I get it.

As for ft focused players who complain, too many of them want to balance as a 1v1. They look and treat this game as a 1v1 and I fucking hate that.

The person who’s fighting 4 ppl, needs to have an advantage, otherwise, it wont be fair.

As far as other balance issues, I think the meta guns do too much damage, not in a 1v1 scenario, but when you multiply it by 2,3,4.

I wish people would understand that.

Theres times I say I want pred to be stronger.
That isnt just so pred can be stronger and that’s it.
No, it’s so ft can be made stronger as well.

So they can get way more gear and tech.
It’s a whole idea I have, that I think would help and make both sides funner, but I havent made the post cause i feel illfonic doesnt listen to shit.

But ya man, that’s my problem, and what pisses me off, from ft main complains.
That they treat it as a 1v1.

I get 2,400-3,000 predator damage XP ever round. So, the predator isn’t winning because I suck. The predators I have faced, are winning because they play smart. The run off and heal when they still have time, and they attack when we split up, or when AI is on us. I play with a team of buddies that have played together for three years. We get predator kills a lot, but because people don’t play him properly. I understand what you’re saying, you’re seeing if I win because I’m a good player as predator. No. I am a smart player as predator, using all his features to my advantage. I stalk, keep my distance, and attack when the moment is right.

That’s still you tho. I play a more active style, it’s a bit reckless, but I dont have the patience to stalk in this game anymore. I used to.

I have said before too tho. This game is more knowledge based, and not so much skill based.

But from what you’ve told me, its cause you know what you’re doing man. You’re good.
I really dont think your wins are just from what the predator offers alone.

1 Like

No, not exactly. I am able to do what I do because of the unlimited plasma and arrows.

Sometimes, FT never split… or did their objectives in 4 minutes …
I want to add :

• why FT can disarm boom device ? and why they can do it through the wall or the rooftop ?
  • for the net, ok your mate can free you (with its super powerful knife) but why can you free yourself ? if Illfonic want to provide the teamplay, net have to be destroy by your teammate not by yourself.
  • why lower graphics help people to win ?
  • why people (FT or Pred) can leave the game ? you lose trophies or objectives and you punish your FT team.
  • why FT have daily and weekly quest ? because the game don’t need lots of predator, add bots and all people will be able to clean their quests !

Ok playing predator like a hunter, sorry i can’t when i’m at 300 meters in a bush, invible, to see my targets, they shoot me with a sniper … because they climb on a rooftop and they see me from far, and i don’t have weapons to shoot them at 300 meters… so i have to move close but they will see me more …

Bomb device-Because its a mechanic for the FT, otherwise the bomb would serve no purpose.
Net-Because it would be broken OP.
Lower graphics-better frame rate (mainly), less jungle at a distance, the predator could be a bit less clocked.
Leavers- Because they choose to.
Only FT daily/weekly so predators can get a que pop…

1 Like

The objectives going too quick definitely need to be addressed, on that I agree with you.

As for the team not splitting up, that’s the whole point of a asymmetrical like this one. For the group to work together to watch each others back and be effective at dealing with the Pred by staying together and being coordinated. Your point here also contradicts you’re original post where you said the FT run in different directions and don’t do objectives. If you don’t want them to do either of these things what would you like them to do?

• why FT can disarm boom device ? and why they can do it through the wall or the rooftop ?
    That’s a game mechanic added for balance. And Preds may not like it but it can be helpful for the Pred. With an inexperienced group someone will attempt to defuse and possibly get themselves and some of their team killed. If the FT knew there was no chance to defuse the bomb they’d run and almost guaranteed stay alive. I believe if the bomb kills the FT that’s considered a win for the Pred. Which maybe something ILLFONIC should make more clear then the Pred cut scene with the skull.

• for the net, ok your mate can free you (with its super powerful knife) but why can you free yourself ? if Illfonic want to provide the teamplay, net have to be destroy by your teammate not by yourself.
    Because that would make escaping it solely dependent on your team and their coordination which isn’t fair to those FT who PUG which is the majority of the player base I believe.

• why lower graphics help people to win ?
    That is again something that I believe needs to addressed. Especially since I believe it’s unintended and people exploit it.

• why people (FT or Pred) can leave the game ? you lose trophies or objectives and you punish your FT team.
    This I also agree with. Rage Quitting is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

• why FT have daily and weekly quest ? because the game don’t need lots of predator, add bots and all people will be able to clean their quests !
    Many of the challenges can be completed doing Private Match solo as it is. But yes the Devs hope to help que times stay more reasonable by giving people a incentive to run FT by making the Dailies and Weeklies FT based.

Your shoulder caster will reach that distance so you do have a response and it’s easier for you to spot a FT from far away using your thermal vision. But I do agree it is an issue because FT have hitscan and no bullet drop off. Which is why PC FT can be so powerful. Mouse makes it easier to be accurate and is faster then PS control targeting. One advantage you’d think a Pred would have is better technology so you’d think if anyone had hitscan and nearly unlimited range it’d be Pred weapons.

Just reminding myself to come back here after work I see someone I strongly disagree with

1 Like

Yeeaaaahhhh, I’m gonna be honest, you calling people “pred boys” and saying that facts aren’t debatable (when in fact they are, very few things aren’t debatable) isn’t making you look good or anything. Gonna be honest. You’re one of those people who plays the game to chase preds through the jungle and break your ctrl key while t-bagging them after you down them. Sit down, we don’t need people like you here to make decisions, we want actually helpful and good players.

2 Likes

alright one at a time let’s begin to have a somewhat civilized discussion as i disagree with you wholeheartedly the FT is still the power role in the game please read “How to get good at Fireteam” and “Are you biased?” linked below

First i mean true? but if your gettign killed by it you should consider bringing one of the sniper rifles then this isn’t a problem anymore also where surround headphones

second i’m not sure what a Fire caster is?

third if your letting predators eat pigs when pigs can only spawn based on how long FT are in an area that’s your fault whenever you see a predator run you should be chasing them a short distance outside of the camp where the pigs probably spawn and camp it out to kill him when he attempts to eat eating a pig takes 6 seconds which is longer than any of the top tier guns TTK

fourth second wind can be outrun by scouts recons Assaults with movespeed perk and dutch with movespeed perk so just run them down they die ez

5th i mean of course? you fucks can get potentially 64 heals in a single fucking game predator is lucky to get 3

6th a jump slam does 90 damage and stuns the predator for a short time you can also interrupt this just make sure you know where he is jumping from don’t get slammed and kill him during the stun that stun can make him lose 40% of his hp if just ONE of you has vision on him and is using a top tier gun

7 net gun was recently nerfed to be shorter this isn’t a problem unless your 1v1ing the predator which you shouldn’t do if he has a netgun anyway that’s what it’s for

8 this one your actually correct and if the predator is capable of leading a headshot with a fully charged bow he deserves the reward

9 this is not true ask any player who uses scout/recon they can literally outrun any predator in the game
and dutch’s assaults with movespeed perk can catch any predator that isn’t scout

10 this is why you disable alarms when you enter a camp now if the predator went around and triggered them early well that’s just an indication he knows what he’s doing same if he wastes the first 2 minutes looking for the radio to trap it even if your doing the obj and AI shows up someone on the team should be the SOLE person doing the obj everyone else should be trying to get eyes on the predator to ensure he never gets the drop so you can kill him in 6 seconds

11 if you want to waste the time feel free honestly it’s a good thing to do considering how many potential heals a FT could take into a game not to mention the number of freebies they get on a map

12 Q times to play the predator are so high cause it’s a predator game that and the predator has the only unique gameplay this game has to offer the FT is basically a shoddy FPS where you hold down the button on objects while you kill Braindead bulletsponges and sometimes this freaky alien shows up to annoy you and yeah people quit when they die cause if they feel as though the Team doesn’t know what their doing via not having the right equipment mics or just FPS skill they probably are assuming they aren’t going to win

now before you say “your a dumb predator main you don’t know what your talking about” I spent the entire month of July playing FT with a premade of fucking murderors once we worked out the “Meta equippment” which we figured out in about an hour of testing guns our winrate as it stands is we lose 2 out of 75 games i’ll let you do the math their and in most cases those 2 games was cause we decided not to care about the predator or the mission and instead farm VT so we could by scamboxes and try to get yellows
we only encountered 2 types of predator that even gives us a challange and even those guess what once we learned how to deal with it we can pull out wins shoutouts to Harlot if your out there

@Drakos @Kalypsio @VENN7eance @Fire and Kihendron if your out there i don’t remember your PHG forum handle

Predator is not a threat and as it stands never will be if something isn’t done

i look forward to your response

putting these here for reference

1 Like

I thought you were going to say you were bored from lack of a challenge.

Are you getting trophies every round? That’s all that should even matter. Fireteam eliminations shouldn’t be the standard.

Also, fireteams that play well should survive. That’s the reward for playing as a team and protecting each other.

1 Like

I only collect trophies when they don’t get steamrolled. Claiming a skull is a compliment most FT don’t deserve.

1 Like

Your obviously a pred boy. And not a good on at that if FT is handing you your balls. The fire caster I referred to, is the weapon predator uses to cast fire, hence the term “fire caster”. I think you get it with City Hunter, maybe you didn’t purchase the DLC. Pred boys are on here sucking illfonics dicks to get predator more OP than he already is, which is bullshit, cause FT is already at a disadvantage.

Ah so your talking about the wrist launcher that does 25 damage over 3 seconds which is trash unless someone is horribly low and it’s currently the slowest projectile predator has so leading the shot is considerably harder and since you can’t use it like say ft can use frag grenades while also having their primary weapon equipped making the wrist launcher useless compared to superior ranged weapons as emphasized in the post above I’m at the point now where I firmly believe that as FT unless you’re utterly incompetent you should never lose as FT

Aside from that I see your not interested in discussion so have a good day troll I hope you eat something good today

1 Like

How bad are you at ft. Me and my squad clap 99% of preds we face. So what are you on about? The pred is so underpowered its not even funny anymore

1 Like