IS THIS GAME DEAD?

The game is getting kinda repetitive, especially if you play everyday. It’s still a lot of fun though. They need to add a ranked mode and more maps to spice things up.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it. That’s all speculation.
I would like to see facts of upcoming massive updates because for the time being Illfonic is acting like a damn shadow corporation. They give minimal bug support and No stats on how the changes stack up to the previous way things were. Dude they don’t even list damage reduction when you add a suppressor to the weapon. For all I know I have damage reduction because I added a box magazine lol I’m not trying to be a dick but let’s all get realistic here.
These are all basic levels of programming and they can’t even get the updates right… it’s always new problems with every update.
“Mo updates Mo problems” lol
They see everything on this forum and yet again give us “the players” the opposite of what we asked for… like who was lining up asking for samurai predator before they released the info to the next dlc?

1 Like

yea all this talk of “yea there’s this big update coming and it’s gonna fix all or most of the issues for sure!” is naive. Until I see PROOF of otherwise, I HIGHLY doubt they’re working on significant, MEANINGFUL fixes.

1 Like

I know lol
Like look at how broken Friday the 13th is and you expect this to be any better?

1 Like

as the saying goes, "History always repeats itself"

1 Like

I answered yes because at the rate we are going it will be dead soon.

For me and I imagine many others the reason the game is dying is not only lack of content, but lack of direction. This game hasnt committed to what it wants to be, and as such the community is divided.

Its pretty unanimous that the majority of the playerbase that is left would prefer the game have more emphasis on stealth. This of course would make the game far more intense on both sides.

Queue times are an issue, but not the issue. They are the result of a culmination of so many issues.

For one as I said, many are dropping off because the game we have is poorly directed, and the new content for it is absolutely mediocre. New characters that really arent that different from the bases isnt dlc. Its preying upon the fans nostalgia and exploiting them.

Second of all, is the grind. I didnt even bother getting to 150 because for me and many others the game itself is a grind to even play. Its a slog because every match is the same, and boring. And when they give us things like elder pred, its locked behind more grind, to artificially inflate the lifespan of the game. I wont have it. I refuse to partake and as such am still only 103 and havent played more than an hour or two in a month.

Finally, is the private matches. What few players there are, are spending a large portion of time farming in private matches because its so easily exploitable. And as such the active public match playerbase is twice as crippled.

Ive created so many guides and polls that I cant even tell you how painstakingly clear all of this is to me. I’ll link them for yall to read. (Read the guide last. Its a long one.)

3 Likes

completely agree… if they keep going at this rate, it’s days are numbered.

1 Like

It isn’t dead and won’t be if the updates keep being good but if they dont fixes bugs and give us new maps I have a feeling it could die

But… The updates arent good.

They are the equivalent of you buying shit and them selling you glitter to put on it.

3 Likes

Elder predator

That one is free glitter. Still glitter tho.

3 Likes

I think outisde mainland US and parts of UK its died out heavily, I personally assume it never really took outside these areas.

US seems to have a steady base. Can’t speak for UK/Europe but seems similar?

Anyone feel free to chime in and correct me. I have a pretty strong fios connection and takes me about 4-7 mins for a pred game.

FT less than 2mins.

your sister does

???

yea… nothing special per say about the elder lol… they just tuned the bar “stats” nothing NEW about it rofl, except some audio from what i’ve heard but yea…just some glitter in terms of quality

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, its probably among the funnest preds to play imo. But realistically, the only thing it changes is how I look and slightly how I play.

Not to mention the grind for it just isnt worth it anyway.

(Also doesnt help that it’s literally jungle hunter but cooler so its a kick in the nuts to people who pre ordered.)

2 Likes

yep… still haven’t gotten my pre-order skin (PC) ;(

I think elder predator was their answer to the people who didn’t pre order but still wanted jungle hunter 87 because it’s exactly the same the only difference is the face and the necklaces/jewelry crap lol
The armor is the same as jungle hunter 87 and so is the mask lol but then again I think they are the same in the movie too because they reused the props so idk lol

1 Like

No it’s not dead. Pred queues going up could just mean more pred players. There’s plenty of FT players and let’s be honest. 90% of pred mains clogging up the system could all leave and the ones remaining would still be enough to have one pred for each fireteam.

2 Likes

Thanks for voting people. With nearly 100 votes. 74% of you say no, its not dead. Just out of curiosity. Ill run the same vote in about a months time after this DLC drops and see how those numbers look 😁