Let the Games Begin... Apply here!

Predator’s Hunt mode is not a competitive game at all by design and 400 ms is not either. It is asymmetric. It is just for having fun.
Currently, AI cannot give you the same experience as humans in games like Predator. So, Illfonic did great in creating a multiplayer game and not a single player game with their limited resources, even if it is not “balanced” and not competitive. I guess all of you like the game. You would have never played a single player game that long, don’t you?

Why should a Predator be able to take down your fireteams with a 50% percent chance?
Just listen to Dutch’s story: Dutch’s team dominated the Predators, too.

If you want a greater challenge, play with randoms. If you want to play with premade teams with efficient voip, play another game. Or wait, you can play as Predator, too.

Thus, as suggested:
Each fireteam member plays as Predator against the other fireteam.
The Predator hosts.
Maybe, there is one dominant player. Maybe (or rather likely), PC players dominate PS4 fireteam than vice versa.
Sniper rifle/revolver skill translates nicely to Yautja bow skill. Situational awareness including audio is necessary for both sides and so on.

And don’t say “I don’t play as Predator after having put hundreds of hours into a game called Predator.”

Sorry, I forgot you can also play against each other even without playing as Predator at all in the new game mode “Clash”. And Clash is even balanced with premades by design (but not with crossplay). No one has to play even as Predator.

…ooookaaay…

And furthermore: Predator: Hunting Grounds wonderfully teaches you to fight as a team!

No necessity for other “true” balancing (except for PC vs. PS4, e.g. it should be no problem to add options like FOV for PS4). In my opinion, Illfonic is doing nicely (with their limited resources). They provide a new fresh experience nearly with every patch (sadly including bugs, too; looking at you dreaded 2.02).

If you play together as a team, the evil Predator stalking in the woods has no chance but if you don’t care for the team, this baddy may down you.

Most likely, all of this “tournament” 's fireteam members got downed a few times during their playtime by not caring for the team and playing with the team. Fearing the net?

The most critical enemy of the Predator is a decreasing playerbase.

As every developer Illfonic should carefully spent their limited resources. Literally, the game has to be profitable. Otherwise, it will be shut down or at least private servers have to be made possible.
Potentially, “Clash” was not the best way to spend resources but it may attract new different players to the game because they know this game mode from other games.

Creating a perfectly “balanced” game is difficult. Moreover, “balance” is not uniquely defined here. For example, if this 3 men PC fireteam with experienced players would be eliminated in half the matches, how would be the experience for a fireteam with average random PS4 players?
These PS4 fireteam players would hate the experience and get demotivated. Potentially, they would stop playing and all of you would lose.
For example, version 2.02’s “balancing” was great for such players. They had a good chance eliminating a Predator by simply firing their assault rifle at short range. They felt strong, had successes. In addition, it was really nice that Predator waiting times dropped.

Even major competitive multiplayer games struggle in the aspect of balancing. To keep players interested you have to change the balance (at least, that is the current way of many developers). Look at version 2.05: Illfonic chose subtile methods to change the balance.

This kind of “tournament” does not directly benefit the game’s balance but for sure you should play together as friends no matter. However, your user experience or a common summary does and the videos do. Just write it together in the forum and send it directly to Illfonic. Make concrete suggestions just like the reduced health regeneration of the medikits. Illfonic is a developer with a really good support. They listen and take care of found issues. They implement suggestions from my experience.

Keep the Predator alive!

@JustBait

The OP did that:

But the OP also have exclaimed quite often, that he is not a top tier - neither as pred nor as ft.

So, better read the posts first.

1 Like

This guy is an Illfonic fan and it’s sure that he doesnt know what he is saying. He is getting mad because we did a good friendly challenge and he is there giving us “suggestions” for a tournament ahahah. Man we know how to do a torunament, we already done it. That wasnt a tournament. Also we all know how to play Predator, we are probabiliy in the top 5 Preds of the Pc platform right now. The game should be balance in a way that 2/3 people cant kill almost every Predator players and the cloak is unskilled now. I will make a post with many videos and showing my opinion with many details.

1 Like

You can play as the fourth fireteam member in any matches with them not within this “tournament”. If you are not “top tier” like them, you can learn from them or serve just as bait. ;)

So just ask them if they are willing to play with you as fourth man, why not?

The OP will love the after-action discussion of our CHALLENGE in terms of discussing the matches and the conclusions we can draw from them.

The OP indeed does not want to discuss things we already discussed in the some 670 posts above AGAIN.

Whoever wants to play with me in a fire team, is welcome, feel free to invite Bonator19 (PS4 as well as Epic) whenever he is online and NOT ALREADY playing in a team.

But man, I do not get it, what the **** should that have to do with the organization of this CHALLENGE?

But yea let me know when your doing this again.

1 Like

absolutely! :)

1 Like

Illfonic fan: why should I? From my experience, they have got a good support and I like what they are doing just like you. Otherwise, you would not be playing this game anymore.

See: After having played several hundred hours, I guess all of you can be considered a fan of Illfonic’s game “Predator” by common understanding.

Being in top 5 Preds? There is no top anything. This is not a competitive game and should not be because that would require lots of resources.
But if it makes anyone’s day better and keeps anyone motivated, she or he can tell oneself or this forum that she or he is great at playing a video game for sure. Why not?

If you are also a great Predator, maybe the true greatest hunter of the galaxy, why don’t you take out the PS4 fireteam and show that and how it can be done or is it impossible no matter your skill due to the bad balancing?

If you are not already doing this: Why don’t be a good teacher? Tell other players how to play. Give concrete suggestions: My favorite Predator / fireteam loadout is … because … . Make a guide how to correctly aim with the grenades.

“Also we all know how to play Predator, we are probabiliy in the top 5 Preds of the Pc platform right now. The game should be balance in a way that 2/3 people cant kill almost every Predator players and the cloak is unskilled now.”
Is it that your personal experience? Are you getting killed by fireteams as “top 5 Predator”?

Considering the current version, the game is more “balanced” than in version 2.03 regarding this requirement.

The cloak is unskilled now? Pressing the button is unskilled but energy and noise management is not. You can still snipe the Predator. Who said you should duel the Predator at long range. It is that easy to break line of sight or employ cloaking grenades. But isn’t it an interesting change of a game mechanic? Didn’t participants of this forum even suggest such a change?

As a halfway skilled Predator, you know when a fireteam plays together. You cannot assault them because they provide cover fire for each other in this case. However, you can fight a war of attrition with hit and run tactics and ranged plasma caster shots. Trying to isolate them. You won’t get killed as Predator if you did not make a mistake, played too risky or had inferior situational awareness. If you have line of sight, skilled PC players hit you nearly immediately but PS4 don’t. And what is the matter?

Just again:

Why should a Predator be able to take down your fireteams with a 50% percent chance?

Predator: Hunting Grounds wonderfully teaches you to fight as a team!

400 ms

This should be considered. It makes no sense when people with such distances challenge each other in a first/third person shooter. Yautja bow? Sniper rifle? Revolver? …

Why did the “top 5 PC predators” only apply as PC fireteam? Does that makes sense?

As suggested: These fireteams against each other as Predator. What is your opinion? Does this suggestion make sense, op? What is your opinion?

Or was that already suggested in one of the posts, op? Then, just do it or have it done.

The OP indeed does not want to discuss things we already discussed in the some 670 posts above AGAIN.

Please, answer some of the questions at least or provide quotes. It sounds just like a primitive excuse for being too lazy. I mean thanks for having initiated this challenge and one of this forum’s longest topics with the longest posts ;).

Can you reason why you think (or don’t think) that the Predator should be able to take down skilled fireteams playing together as a team with a 50% chance?

What is your opinion regarding Predator: Hunting Grounds wonderfully teaches you to fight as a team!?

I stopped to read that. The Pc community is small and we yes, you can find peoe that are better than others. The fact that this game is not compey doesnt mean there cannot be a top tier players list. There is of course. And since it’s more like a shooter game you can assume that top tier players from pc are also best players of PHG. Also devs said in stream that they wsnt to partecipate at torunaments or maybe make their own. So there is a competition actually in this game. If you dont like it you can just play pubs and ignore.

1 Like

There’s no top anything because this game doesn’t have PVP ranked mode with the actual leaderboards and actual ranked system.

It probably never will.

1 Like

Thanks for the excellent video footage dude! I took the time to dearly enjoy that!

All participiants did very well, from my POV. I personally liked the video about WhiteWolf most - I propose changing the name to WhiteGhost…

But naturally, also the fight with Dent was quite intense! We all might die by greedyness one day, bro…:)

I am quite eager to see their views too - soon…

1 Like

True.

Here are some ping-screenshots of the video footage already at hand:

ping1

Nothing near 400ms. By the way, in terms of fairness, the difference between the ping times is more interesting if you ask me - and that was some 50ms in the average.

So, until now, I did not see any real ping problem. I just saw the reality - which is, admittedly, not ideal :)

2 Likes

@JustBait

JustBait, look, you came in here after some 670 posts and 9 matches.

We are now quite in the middle of a really NICE, FRIENDLY, ENTERTAINING and INFORMATIVE challenge.

You cannot expect us to feel like discussing general things which are far away from said matches. All people now are just eager to see ALL videos as soon as possible and start the discussion of them.

Some points you mention I agree, some points you mention I disagree.

Maybe, at least it can teach bad players, what happens, if they do not fight as a team.

But this really is not the topic of this thread at the moment.

Enjoy and discuss the games. If you have proposals, how to solve the ping-problem technically, I am quite open to hear them.

Naturally, the contestants could try out, what happens, when they switch the person who initiates the session or alike (and they do not need a babysitter to do so:). But to be honest, I am not confident that this really solves the problem.

If e.g. your internet provider sucks, I do not know any solution (if I would be Bill Gates, I just would buy said provider and force them - unfortunately I am not Bill Gates:).

It, by the way, also could be your PC, your Switch, your Router and so on. If your PC CPU is overloaded, you have a problem, no internet provider could solve for you.

So, please let’s stop this kind of discussion for now and concentrate on what we have (or what we have not:), OK?

The fact it doesnt have a ranked doesnt mean all people are the same level. There are people that win almost 100% of games and people that mostly lose. Also the lack of ranked mode is the reason why this game lose so many good and bad players at the start because of the frustration and balance issues. Every other asym games had tournament and competitive scene. This game is not different, it just has bad devs and a forum full of single player addicted.

1 Like

Every predator: Overgroth

Me: DERAILED

6 Likes