Let the Games Begin... Apply here!

As I already said the game need improvements for console. Better optimization for both platforms, more sensitivity options for PS4, increase aim assist by a bit , implement FOV option.

As for the Pc vs Ps4 I have to say that. Yes , the game is of course in favor of the PC as it is in all shooters videogames except for Fortnight (because of the aim assist like an aimbot) but I reccomend to dont take these videos as an example.

In the videos you can see the top fireteam, the best of the best. Majority of players you will find in pubs are almost like ps4, if not for a better audio device and aim. I dont want to scare people from consolo to play with Pc because the best players from PC are ALL in our discord and we play 90% of the time Private matches or pubs with Cross Play OFF. Except for like 30, maybe 40 players, the game is enjoyable with cross play ON and you can find also games more frequently. The best scenario is 2pc 2 ps4 against a Ps4 Predator. We all know that Pred are winning 99% in pubs because it’s too easy. That could give that a fair challenge.

Also we have to consider that the 3 ps4 guys that took place at the challenge , the Dova and Crazy Boy team. They won all of their matches in 3 agaisnt both ps4 and Pc Predators. This is a huge information, we know now that no matter the platform the fireteam is in a huge advantage.

Statistics nerf (like damage) wont affect randoms that much because no matter what you do , randoms will always lose because they are super bad. We need a tutorial asap for teaching fireteam how to stay together and recognize the Predator position.

A cool Idea cold be increase the health of the Fireteam and the Predator and increase the missions time (by a lot) in order to get a longer game, more enjoyable for randoms.

We need also the changes I mentioned in my posts and we need to fix this frustrated Bow bug with the wrist blade attack.

@Courier @OldKingHamlet

2 Likes

Also I would suggest to implement 2 cross play options, one for fireteam and one for Predator. And put the one for fireteam queue cross play ON by default (with the possibility to change). This will make the Predator queue more fast. Also looking at the video it’s sure that the best challenge for premades on ps4 is cross play ON , since they are not scared of anybody. With all of the improvements I mentioned it should be fine.

2 Likes

In my opinion, longer matches are boring.
15 minutes is just right.
I really like that the matches are stressful.

I doubt that you lose 99% of your public matches with randoms and without friends - as long as you play with the strangers. Even if the strangers are unskilled, they can serve as excellent bait. I am sure that you punish any predator who takes the risk of claiming or melee attacks against randoms. The only mistake you can do is engaging the predator on your own first.

Bullet sponges are bad in my opinion, too.

Statistics nerfs or buffs affected randoms alot as proven by version 2.03. Suddenly, randoms became a threat for predators which was nice and had the nice effect of reduced waiting times.

By the way, you are a random, too, if you play without friends.

2 Likes

2 cross play options? You can manually switch easily.

Crossplay is the best thing for PC players. PC playerbase is way too small. You had to wait even longer.

1 Like

Noobs in pubs are affected more by how easy or hard is to spot the Predator. Cloak changes made Predator op for low and intermediate level. But at high level the fireteam is still in a huge advantage. We need to make the Predator easier too see but the damage of the Fireteam should be reduce by a bit. This is my opinion based on all the videos I posted.

2 Likes

But how do you know it as a very skilled player?

I think if both are unskilled it may be balanced since an unskilled predator would not even find the fireteam in time.

Didn’t you write that one of your friends completely dominates your fireteam if he plays predator in the current version?

I prefered the damage in pre-version 2.0, too. It was not that dangerous to attack the fireteam at close range.

2 Likes

He dominate if we play in 3, not in 4.

1 Like

I am not able to post my pred’s pov unfortunately…after my quick and painless death I rolled into a ball and went through a spiraling depression. I’m better now. I hope to get a rematch soon with the same FT. I wont be 4 40s deep before breakfast.

1 Like

Without question, this would be ideal! But is this realistic too?

But there is an (by POV of the programmers likely far easier) alternative - PC people might hate me just for mentioning that…

Give the PC version the option to switch to using a controller too. Give the PS4 player the option to choose between crossplay, crossplay just with controller and no crossplay.

I do understand, that this solution, albeit quite obvious, might not be too popular among PC dudes, right…?

True. But this already happens - although the reason might be, that if you play with PCs, strange things happen too often. I have to admit, that top PC players can do things, which quite look like cheating - from POV of console players - and that this accusation might happen often without reason (I am nevertheless sure, that cheating happens too - more often with PC).

In the end, the reason why “strange” things happen, is not so interesting - if you can switch them off by switching off crossplay.

So. we have to address this seriously when we want to save crossplay - in particular for our PC friends (as PS4 does not need crossplay that urgently, I guess).

Definitely - that even is a bit of a surprise for me!

Yeeeees! I would in particular enjoy matches, which have the time to evolve - at the moment everything is just setup for being fast or even faster…

Give a match more time - and maybe I am even back in the business of playing predator again…

At the moment sneaking is not possible for players who do not belong to the top tiers - as the game then simply is over before you have had any chance to attack.

I guess, we saw this sometimes is true for top players too - look at whitewolf - he played really nice, sneaky, hidden - but the game was over, before it really started. And he qithout question belongs to the top players!

1 Like

You can play with controller at PC and it is no fun. I played both versions PS4 and PC. The PS4 version is completely inferior.

Buy a PC suited for gaming if you enjoy first person shooters - see the other recent thread. Though nearly no one plays PHG at PC, anyway.

It makes no sense using a controller for first person shooters just like it makes no sense using a keyboard for hardcore platformers or flight sims

1 Like

It is also nice - but that need not be taken away from you. A slower / longer match could just be added as an alternative option. Have a look on chess servers…

True. At least for my skill level the balancing (in statistical terms) overall is quite OK for public matches with randoms - out of POV FT. And yes, it is fine, when the FT “wins” more often, if yo ask me.

The idea of this game might not be about winning or losing - it is quite hard to define, what is a win? Is it really a win, if just one soldier comes through until the exfil? In reality this would not be a win…

The game is more about “intensity” - matches in which it goes up and down and which are quite intense are what we want, if you ask me. Who “officially wins or looses” is not really interesting in the end, right?

Here I am “on your side” - I also do not believe, that nerfing is irrelevant for players which do not belong to the top class.

1 Like

As mentioned before, duration is optimized for multiplayer. 15 minutes is about right for multiplayer matches in my opinion.

1 Like

Absolutely!

The atmosphere and the intensity are PHG’s main features - not winning. Who cares?

From my point of view if a match was fun or was not, does not depend on its results - no matter if you play as fireteam or predator.

I would enjoy longer more tactical matches alot but this would split the playerbase even more just like Clash.

2 Likes

Just as long, as PS4 players do not switch off crossplay…

Let’s do a little survey…:

• I am PS4 and normally crossplay is OFF
  • I am PS4 and normally crossplay is ON

0 voters

1 Like

…and it is somehow true too!

You are able to shoot the predator on very long ranges precisely - the predator has nearly no chance to even get near to your squad.

But note, that this is not true for mid-rated PS4 players. Neither spotting nor hitting the pred on such long ranges is possible for them.

So, when we just talk about “long range damage” - nerfing that indeed would not nerf mid-rated PS4 players. I agree.

But nerfing “short range damage” would be a problem from that POV, if you ask me!

1 Like

The bad thing about this is that people play with an inferior technical solution for the matter at hand and they even believe that it is better suited.

The controller is not best suited for first person shooters. I don’t understand why the console versions of many games do not support other input options than the controllers. Forcing players to use an inferior human machine interfaces. It is like cutting your meat with a fork.

And don’t forget the superior Android version of PHG with its touchscreen input scheme.

1 Like

:))))

Absolutely true! I stopped playing predator after 3 days trial - mostly due to this reason. I was not willing to just “search” for my opponents whole the time and the time I then had for attacking was not sufficient for anything…

1 Like

Is it even in 4 then?

By the way, could we please see a match with said Superpredator too?.. Doesn’t he want to join the next round too?

1 Like

And matches against skilled fireteams are still lots of fun. Isn’t it nice seeing gamers playing together?

You often down one of them but another provides cover fire while the other one helps him up.
That is good teamplay. And a joy for me to experience.

In addition, such matches offer Dark Souls atmosphere. You have to be very careful or get second wind in seconds.

I enjoy matches against premades alot. Maybe, you suceed in taking out one or two but one escapes most of the times. Sure if there were more time it would be different story just like you suggested.

2 Likes

:( Sorry to hear that man. If you need some senses of achievement to lift your mood, you should play a little against me instead…:)

1 Like