Let the Games Begin... Apply here!

Netgun are for the weak and the unskilled :c

1 Like

I will post mine (4 videos) as soon as possible, I have to rendering them and post , it needs time.

2 Likes

I put every balance suggestions in that post, just check it.

2 Likes

For those, shaking a lotā€¦

2 Likes

Brah. XD

3 Likes

Here are game 1 and 2 against 2 ps4, next 2 videos against Pc willdownloaded as soon as possible. From this video it looks a completely different view comopared to when I was playing. My frame rate was horrible, I couldnā€™t aim literally. Well played to the competitors.

3 Likes

Very nice!

Awsome speed and precision, bro! If you are (just) used to the PS4 speed, this sometimes looks alike the video is played with double or even thrice the speedā€¦

It is quite interesting to see, what is possible with a PC - this definitely is not possible with a PS4 - one turns veeeeery slowly thereā€¦

I now do understand better, why you need a good FPSā€¦

Well done! And the predators did well too, if you ask me! I am very eager to see their perspective too - soonā€¦

PS: again no net canon, rightā€¦?

1 Like

My frame rate was terrible and my aim was 50% of the real one. From these games we can say we need asap:

-optimization for both platforms
-better sense option for Ps4
-better aim assist

1 Like

True, true, true!

2 Likes

By the way, guys, can you tell me: I just have the standard controller, which came with the PS4.

Are there any better out there - in terms of analogue behavior. With mine it feels more digital than analogue in the very first millimeters of displacementā€¦

The only game I know, where the movement nevertheless feels natural, is Doom 2016 - they must have an extraordinarily good non-linear curve for the sticks, if you ask meā€¦

I also would be interested - which controller speed setting values did you choose? Fast for normal and slow for ADS?

Can someone give some example values?

1 Like

This for sure

2 Likes

@DovahkiinJr, what about today? I will be online later on the evening. Let me know if you can manage to find 4 people of your squad for like 2 games.

2 Likes

It is really nice to see that you will play as Predator against them. But donā€™t duel with them. Play safe and use the plasma caster from afar (at first) even if you think that Yautja Bow shows more of your skill.

1 Like

I mean, I will try to use every weapon I have, using the 100% of the Predator potential if possible. We will do 2 games , one with me as host and one more with them as host. Hope Dova will answer me soon. I ll be back at home after my physio course and training around 21:00. From 23 I can play with them. They are 6 hours early than me. 00:00 or 01:00 for me itā€™s gonna be ok for them I guess. Looking forward for Dova reply.

1 Like

We canā€™t do today sadly. One of the players on my team wonā€™t be available for a few days and I havenā€™t played the game too much recently so the next time we can probably get some matches in will be sometime next week. The matches probably will be on Sunday but Iā€™ll have to confirm that with my team. Hopefully we can get all the games in next Sunday so we donā€™t keep this tournament dragging on for too long.
We could easily probably get a fourth player for our squad so that wonā€™t be too much of a problem.

Just let me know. Sunday could be perfect for me. Soon we will get new covid roles and we wont be able to go outside after a specific hour. So Sunday or maybe Friday (we have to see, I could be online), Sunday for sure. Just tag me and I will see your reply. For now, thanks Dova šŸ’ŖšŸ».

2 Likes

Game 3 and 4 against PC players.

3 Likes

Game 3, 0:56. Where youā€™re shooting and the branch above brakesā€¦ PHG is crazyā€¦ They seriously need to tweak the branches hitboxes in this gameā€¦

1 Like

Thanks a lot dude!

Your videos are great - not just for our ā€œcauseā€, the idea of the challenge - but for guidance of players like me too; one can learn a lot from them!

All predators did quite well, if you ask me, so congratulations to them too! It was expected, that this challenge would not be in their favor - so nobody has to be too sad to not have downed the whole FT.

One intermediate result for me personally is, that the gap between PC and PS4 is huge - maybe even too huge for crossplay; personally I do not care too much, I am quite fine with just being number-two choice in mixed teams or against PC-Preds. But I guess, this is not true for most of the players.

That becomes quite obvious, when comparing the videos of the PC and the PS4 teams; looking around on PS4 more feels like steering a tank and the speed of moving the view in the PC videos sometimes really looks like double or thrice the speed, from my POV.

This naturally is an enormous advantage for several aspects including spotting the predator as well as hitting it during hopping.

I am even getting the impression, that this is the real source even for our balancing issue - as one cannot compare games on PC with games on PS4 with mixed games at all - if you ask me.

What might be true for PC might not be true for PS4 and vice versa. It might be true, that for PC the imbalance for top class players is due to sheer firepower.

On PS4 my impression is, that it is more due to other factors - e.g. and in particular for a far worse controlling and bug situation for the predator compared to the fireteam.

A predator with a bow naturally suffers more by e.g. the fact, that there is no proper aim assist, than a soldier with an automated gun.

I am quite eager to see the second round matches and I hope, that the one or the other can realize what can be learned from the first roundā€¦

By the way, I really would like to see a predator playing mainly with shoulder-plasma caster, sickle and netā€¦ Maybe my wishes come true then:)

What are your first impressions / intermediate results guys?

1 Like

Friendly Reminder

Just two predators have posted their POVs videos yet. The predators POVs naturally are the most interesting POVs. So, please post your videos soon, so that the forum can enjoy, learn and discuss on that basis tooā€¦

1 Like