Let the Games Begin... Apply here!

I finished course for this week btw, about time zone we have european one. Challenge could be this weak maybe?

Maybe - I hope the quality of the update will allow us to - we will just have to wait if the update turns out to be stable or if there is another update disasterā€¦ But: best case - yes, sure :)

Well, I got 3 chances on 3 maps, and I couldnā€™t beat them. Arrow is extremely accurate. Proxi did a good amount of supporting damage. Just them two alone did 90% of the damage. The damage at range of the SAWZ50 is especially an issue, but, honestly, with extreme accuracy like arrow has, itā€™s close to impossible to approach the fireteam without losing damage the whole way in and when leaving to reposition.

Itā€™ll be Interesting to see how the other challenges play out.

3 Likes

Quite interesting! And congratulations to arrows team!

But beyond the question of winning or losing - can you please give us an impression: was it a close match? Did arrow need to really fight hard or was it easy peasy? Did they manage to kill you?

Because from my POV this is the main question: is a 3 vs 1 match a challenge (at all) - for both sides? Is it a fun game version?

By the way: any video footage about these games?

I have my footage. Proxi has twitch. It wasnā€™t very close. Especially, the first match, I messed up a bit and got caught in a bad position. The second match I was attempting to flee and heal and got hit somehow by a very long range sniper shot, while my second wind was still on cooldown. The last round I tried to be somewhat more cautious, but it was fairly easy for them to finish the mission and exfil.

From my perspective, it seemed as though arrow and proxi were on lookout and the third player, mojo, would work the mission. Thatā€™s just from my point of you, so I may be wrong.

Thanks for your description! You gave your best, thatā€™s what counts, congratulations to you too :)

Are you willing to let one of our both youtube guys publish your video?

@arrow: your videos too?

So we could post a link to that here too? I think some people would love that (me one of them:)ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll post mine eventually.

1 Like

I dont have twitch, I can only screen share on Dicord if some one want to see my point of view,.my stream usually is a bit laggy because without Nitro Discord you can stream only 720/30 fps. I dont use NVIDIA to record video any more because it makes my fps drop by 10, and the frame rate is already bad in general.

Looking back, I definitely made a few bad calls, but the damage you can take at longer ranges is definitely an issue, especially with PC players that are very accurate. Itā€™s not much of an issue with PS4 players because itā€™s very difficult to consistently land long range hits or hit leaping targets.

2 Likes

here is the difference if your that curious between the graphic settings on both platforms

quite literally in the last screenshot the difference is the difference between being able to make a shot and not being able to which is huge
PS4 clearly uses between medium/high settings with the exception being draw distance and FOV

1 Like

Yeah I was late so put other people before me

Ps4

Thanks man, thatā€™s great. You played quite well - definitely far beyond my own abilitiesā€¦ :)

Your conclusions seem to be quite on the spot - if you ask me. And if they are indeed true, this somehow might even be already a ā€œgame changerā€. In most of the discussions out there in this forum, the PS4 players tend to demand the improvement of aiming etc. - to get more even with the PC players.

Maybe the truth is quite the opposite!!! The PC players, maybe, should not be able to land long range hits or hits at leaping targets so easily! Maybe their aiming must be nerfed?

Which leads to another interesting question: do you think, the outcome of the games would really have been completely different, if just the weapons would just have done, letā€™s say 15%, less damage (but still with the same accuracy of the long range and leaping shots)?

Hey Kame,

thatā€™s great too! Thanks!

If I got it right, and the first posted picture is ā€œPC with medium settingsā€, than medium definitely is not enough for our challenge - if you ask me, right?

The foliage in said picture is quite poor and this then might also be an aspect, why PC players can aim so good at long distances - they then simply just have a clearer view on the target!

Goooood point! The Field of View definitely makes a huge difference during spotting. Hmmm - how should we solve that for our challenge?

If we want to focus on the fire power argument, the PC contestants should select their FOV so that it is nearly the same as for PS4, right? But on the other hand I have a bad feeling here - because the guys are used to their FOV, right? What do you think, folksā€¦?

Tomorrow I will try to take some time too for investigating these topics furtherā€¦

well not quite it seems in most cases PC players use low settings as the game is incredibly unoptimized so these screenshots are low settings for the PC vs what the PS4 players get albeit PC users typically use higher FOV and draw distance as shown in those screenshots but yeah those are low graphics settings for PC

it just so happens that low settings simply gives you an advantage as it removes alot of the clutter in the maps making it easier to see the predator at longer ranges as well as noticing the diffrence in cloak as the last picture that black smudge is a predator that is cloaked moving

WHICH you literally canā€™t see in the PS4 screenshot

1 Like

Yo drug,

did you read above, that we are trying to prepare the same event for a PS4-3-FT-team in parallel? So, I am quite sure, you will get your matchā€¦

Application acknowledged.

honestlly if you wanted to try and even the playing field PC players would have to play at like 70FOV or whatever PS4 players are stuck with probably meduim draw distance and then at least medium graphics settings and either medium or high foilage
and their DPI or their aim sensitivity would have to be about 1.4 as thatā€™s the max for predators on controller though i think FT can go to 1.9 on controller

albeit alot of higher end PCā€™s canā€™t even do this at a stable 20-40fps cause the game is so poorly unoptimized so i doubt your gonna find to many PC players willing to do this

otherwise through actual balance related things the devs could alter it would probably be either increase hp of the predator by about 15%-20% or decrease the long range damage of guns just across the board by the same percent
unless were assuming the new perk values are the problem which i perfer the perks now as they are aside from maybe big pouch is probably too strong on the predator side and on the FT side thick skin should probably go back to 15hp

1 Like

I see.

Letā€™s take some time for pondering about these ideas and also letā€™s see what the others say (by the way: somehow it would be funny to nerf the PCs to the same lousy framerate, which the PS4 has - but we do not want to overstress our PC friends, right:).

Concerning foliage I am quite determined: must be the same as on PS4!

Probably wouldā€™ve needed 20% to 25% less damage at range, but the biggest thing was the consistency. When leaping away from PS4 players or running at long range around rocks and trees with limited exposer time, you rarely ever get hit. Against these guys, at any distance and even just for a moment, If I was seen, I took damage.

Iā€™m not sure what could be changed without hurting ps4 players too much, but definitely more damage reduction at long range would help, especially with sniper rifles. Also, for all weapons some sway while aiming down sights and some inaccuracy. Iā€™ll need to test this, but it seems like all the guns in this game have perfect first shot accuracy. There should be at least a little inaccuracy at more than 50m.

Maybe some unforeseen balance changes are coming on Tuesday, but one conclusion from this is there is no way to be this accurate with a controller in this game.

2 Likes