Lets talk berzerker. (please come discuss)

Body

Have a video showcasing this that you can link? I would be interested to see.

edit

IF this is true, then a simple solution to this would be to nerf berz damage resistance against everything except the ARs.

We know they can do this because they buffed the hunter/scout damage resist against everything except shotguns

And for your secondary use the 3rd sub machine gun extended mag but only use it when he goes for a quick claim. You have to be close to him damn near sticking your gun in him but the weapon fires fast enough to empty the whole clip before he finishes the claim and takes about 65% of his health so if you hit him at all with the akin and he kills a teammate and goes for a claim it’s a auto second wind and this is berserk were talking about lol it’s even more deadly if used on scout or hunter hope this helps you out 😁

That was just one example alot of guns are meta not just that one heres the video with the time to kill on all weapons and ranges so no berserk nerfs man lol and even with the buffs for scout and hunter they still get melted by these guns it really only helped with AI damage resistance not fireteam

Gotcha lemme watch

1 Like

honestly i’m surprised you haven’t seen this and keep in mind these are tested w/o extended mag which if they were the pred would be downed faster than this

i’m assuming you also haven’t seen these either huh there was also a dmg spreadsheet for the predator weapon dmg’s with and without perks but with the current patch it’s not accurate till it gets updated

pred perk numbers not finished

fireteam perk numbers not finished

Alright I watched that video, and no, the ARs do not take down a berzerker in one clip. though some are very close.

Regardless, unless you are talking about times when pred is animation locked, claiming, or parry stunned, you have to really account for 3 things

1. Distance, as the tests in that video showcase. Clearly all weapons have damage dropoff.

2. Accuracy, When pred is moving, No one short of shroud is going to be dumping the entire mag into predator, not unless he is running straight at them and failing to connect melee strikes.

3. Line of sight, cant hit predator if you cant see him, and aside from when hes spotted, the foliage does a good job at breaking that up.

4. Reload times, All it takes is a really poor timed reload to fuck everything up.

So basically, Whilst after seeing that I can honestly say that god damn the smgs/ars are powerfull, especially considering there could be 4 of them. The nature of the game, as well as player skill. helps limit the damage they can do

Yeah that vid was without extended mag bro when he reloads the car 30 clip without extended he shoots 13 more bullets and that second winds the pred also look at @KameofWar comment too this info has been out for a while now

The predator perks numbers is outdated, and was posted pre 1.06

The second post you linked is just general tips for FT, Dont need to read that as I already know all of it (though I read it anyway)

also people would probably be landing all if not most of their shots if pred is

A: right in front of them meleeing
B: at a distance while aiming anything cause it slows him tremendosly ie bow pistol cannon
C: claiming a kill

1 Like

as none of those perks have been adjusted since 1.06 the list is still accurate friend

regardless at this point i’m derailing the thread my apologies suppose i should stop here

1 Like

Also if a pred comes into melee at all “zerk” in your case, he would get melted mid combo and go into second wind maybe just downing the guy and that’s a maybe if everyone runs meta FT weapons. The issue you’re having with zerk doesn’t happen when fireteams use the right weapons its literally a easy win. I solo queen as fireteam and if the pred downs my teammate I can get there last minute for the claim and put him into second wind every time and finish him. Because it really only takes one person to have the right guns on

Sure with extended mags one player can take down the predator. This is not surprising.

However two things. First of all, in my opinion the mag size for the GOSL-R needs to be limited to 20 for normal, and 40 for extended. as it does the most absurd amount of damage.

Second of all, goes back to my last reply, unless the predator stands perfectly still, or gets into an animation, the likeliness of the FT hitting all of their shots is very low.

Meaning that while ARs have a “potential” dps high enough to wipe predator,

The actual dps is likely far less. Otherwise Predators would be being wiped far easier than they are right now.

I just said this I think my work here is done too my good sir 🤣

Yes in all of those cases predator is most certainly at a disadvantage, but Like I said, Playing predator is about making smart decisions, and when it comes to berzerker, it stops being about smart decisions, and it becomes the “Which team can kill the other the fastest” kind of game.

If a predator gets melted mid combo, maybe he chose the wrong moment to strike.

ok but then if this is the case is this a bad thing that the game becomes that?

as if it’s true then it becomes which team has better understanding of the equipment of the game and thier skill at killing one another with that equipment

i do not see this as a bad thing

1 Like

Yes I take down preds while they claim all the time. But if you are close enough to get to the predator while he claims, that means that the predator chose the wrongest moment to claim. Period

i see we are at odds here
i do not believe there is a such thing as bad time to claim you must kill a fireteam member if they are downed if you do not you have wasted your resource and the FT wastes nothing putting you at such a disadvantage that in most cases will lose you the game

Sounds more to me like it becomes, which team can exploit the most powerful combinations of items in the game. At which point everyone runs the same things every match, at which point every match becomes the same, at which point, the casuals dip the fuck out, at which point the game dies.

You understand the issue here? I dont disagree that balance needs to be made all around, but the point im trying to make here, isnt those things. Its that the predator berzerker has way too forgiving of a health pool, and as such can wipe even decent fireteams in minutes if they get caught at the wrong moment.

Edit

also another variable to consider back on the topic of assault rifles is TTK

Even if you mag dump a berzerker perfectly, you wont kill him without your teamates help. Often time your teamates cant drop him either.

Because no one hits a perfect mag dump.

So what happens more often than not, is that the TTK of the fireteam, is not enough to counteract the TTK of the berzerker for at least one of the fireteam members. Sometimes claiming included.