Lets talk berzerker. (please come discuss)

So normally I would have pasted this into my super post, but I want to actually discuss this.

Everyone bitches about the combistick being too strong, which is a different topic for debate. But I cant help but notice that everyone dances around the fact that, the single thing that hasnt changed in this berzerker combistick combo, since launch, is the damage resistance on the berzerker.

The first patch we got post launch was an increase to the damage resistance of both the hunter and scout class, which was well warranted, considering that it was pretty tough to do anything with them before that. However, the berzerker was not touched. and he still has remained untouched, despite the general consensus all around being that the berzerker+combistick combo is way too strong against anything but a full team of smart FT players.

So the combistick has been the go to lets nerf the hell out of this weapon over and over again, which I dont necessarily disagree with (Though I disagree with the half assed way they are going about making said changes).

But I would argue, that the real issue is not the combi stick, but the berzerkers insane damage resistance, that for some reason the devs have danced around changing everything but this value. As is, hunter and scout can still be taken down solo as a FT member if you outplay them. The berzerker however, especially when paired with the combistick to damage multiple targets, excells far too good at not only taking down one fireteam member in melee, but I would say up to 3 FT members, all in one sitting.

Im not saying that we should make the berzerker useless. Im just saying that his damage resistance should be brought down at least a little bit. How much? I cant say as I dont know the values. But it has to be enough that he has to play smart with 3 FT members, And maybe can wipe 2 at a time at most.
Because as it stands any player can jump into a FT and berz/combistick and win against most fireteams.

I just dont understand why the devs are so seemingly avoidant about nerfing this value. I cant tell whether its because the cries to nerf the combi are too loud, and they just dont play enough of their own game to understand, or if they are intentionally avoiding it for some reason. I dont really know, but its been bugging me, even more so since 1.08 released.

TL;DR : Nerf Berz damage resist, not combistick

ok letā€™s have a discussion then as it stands right now
zerker has the largest hitbox in the game this allows the fireteam to more easily shoot him and less likely to miss even hip fireing assuming he is in close range

i believe Zerker is fine he is effectively learning check if you are competent at the game zerker in theory should not win he is very slow if he does melee a parry will allow you to kill him with just 2 if you are using the better guns in the game

according to his stats he has more raw hp than the other 2 classes when you consider the speed and hitbox diffrences this is warrented without having considerably more hp more competant fireteams will simply kill zerkers like their a joke and currently skilled fireteams already do

in a way the current patch they nerfed impen so zerkers arenā€™t likely to even take it making them have less effective hp

before i would consider touching zerkerā€™s hp due to his inherrent weaknessā€™s i would nerf his raw dmg output
as it stands combistick does good dmg thrown at the time of previous patch it was simply the best melee weapon due to tracking and range

i would have argued during this* patch that his melee dmg passive probably should be toned down albeit now i donā€™t have to cause they did

iā€™ll wait for your reply now sorry this was just a thought i had after the first post
the idea of course being normally to warrent more dmg you take the glass cannon approach over the juggernaut approach
(glass canon being low hp high mobile high dmg)
[juggernaut high hp low mobility high dmg]
as normally both of these are not fun to play against but i donā€™t really know which one is less fun to play against but most games go for the glass canon as appossed to what we got here which is a juggernaut type

That is a good point, But in my opinion hip fire is far too unreliable, regardless of hitbox size close up.

On the opposite end, At longer distances hit box size does matter, because it means that berzerker, will likely be more susceptible to taking sniper shots at a distance, body wise. Which means he can take more damage at a distance. However using any other weapon, the hit box difference will be miniscule at best.

However, Berzerker seems to me to be more forgiving at any range regardless. The only downside to playing as berzerker is that he has the least stamina. In every other way he is really forgiving. meaning that players making really dumb decisions, isnt as punished, and players making really smart decisions, is really damn rewarded.

If it wasnt for the fact that I have been having some real issues with the parry prompt not appearing today, I might not feel this way. Because I would just parry him. But if you cant pull off the parry, theres nothing you, or your teamates can really do, while he not only slaughters you, but also claims you.

Dont trust the stats in this game, they dont tell you anything worthwhile other than giving you a rough idea of the differences between classes. Based on the patch notes from 1.06, they use damage resistance rather than increased health to dictate how beefy characters are. doesnt mean berzerker doesnt have more health on top of that, just means thats the best way to describe it as of now.

Yes they nerfed inpen but I gurantee most people are still running it, just means they cant stack it with some of the higher cost but overall worthless perks.

The thing is, Aside from the fact that the combi stick can hit multiple targets, (which once again is another topic for debate), Berzerker really doesnt have more damage output than any other class. In fact I would argue that he has the least, as he cannot rely on his energy for plasma shots, especially if he is utilizing ground slams, But also because his stamina is low enough that he can actually get into situations where he cant hit, nor leap away.

I dont think that berzerkers damage output, nor necessarily the combi stick in general, need a nerf, They have already been fucked with a lot, and it hasnt made a damn bit of difference. because the damage output isnt the issue. The health is, Berzerker can make grade A dumb plays, and still come out on top.

Thank you for replying though, no need to say sorry, Like I said I want to discuss, Sorry for the novel reply though lol

itā€™s fine i have a habit of going for the novel approach also as itā€™s easier to get all your points across in one post rather than spreading them out in multiple posts

1 Like

you you could be right this might be a bias on my part i see hp as a trading mechanic i trade hp to confirm kills as i have to kill as quickly as possible to force reinforce
(which is the best thing fireteam has going for them)
so that i can use the least number of resources to trigger their most valuble resource the hunter can in some cases take this risk and certainly the scout canā€™t take this risk claiming or going close in general with some of the more powerful guns

of course the other option is to just pressure till the guy bleeds out but if the other 3 just have good enough aim neither the scout or the hunter will be able to do that as they will be forced to leave this is tenfold if they just shoot you while you shoot the downed FT for the kill which takes longer than a claim

(this edit is just to further explain this point not that i want to argue with you about it a quick claim takes .5 or so seconds or three plasma caster shots, one full charge shot and a regular shot, a shot +a barrel, if your lucky or 2 bow shots, in the time it takes to do these is longer than a quick claim in theory barring potato aim or FT that are blind you would take more dmg for doing these over quick claiming)

which albeit this could come back to

is it ok to nerf something that only i donā€™t want to use the term ā€œbadā€ but lets go with that when good and in some cases average players donā€™t have this problem cause of the inherent way the game is currently balanced

I definitely understand where you are coming from,

But I come from many a game where the berzerker doesnt even wait for the reinforce, because he doesnt need to.

One bad play, he can wipe half the team and escape, maybe being second winded, and forcing a reinforce.

One good play however, and a berzerker can wipe the entire fireteam, and still have enough health to tank the AI while he claims.

Zerk is fine use meta FT Weapons example ar-15 with extended mag will put a zerk in a second wind 37 bullets out of 45 in a clip one person so if all the FT uses the gun itā€™s a instant melt. The only time I hear about pred nerfs for damage resistance is fireteams not using meta weapons that kill quick. Hope this helps no nerfs for zerky boi šŸ˜

Are those headshots or body shots?

Body

Have a video showcasing this that you can link? I would be interested to see.

edit

IF this is true, then a simple solution to this would be to nerf berz damage resistance against everything except the ARs.

We know they can do this because they buffed the hunter/scout damage resist against everything except shotguns

And for your secondary use the 3rd sub machine gun extended mag but only use it when he goes for a quick claim. You have to be close to him damn near sticking your gun in him but the weapon fires fast enough to empty the whole clip before he finishes the claim and takes about 65% of his health so if you hit him at all with the akin and he kills a teammate and goes for a claim itā€™s a auto second wind and this is berserk were talking about lol itā€™s even more deadly if used on scout or hunter hope this helps you out šŸ˜

That was just one example alot of guns are meta not just that one heres the video with the time to kill on all weapons and ranges so no berserk nerfs man lol and even with the buffs for scout and hunter they still get melted by these guns it really only helped with AI damage resistance not fireteam

Gotcha lemme watch

1 Like

honestly iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t seen this and keep in mind these are tested w/o extended mag which if they were the pred would be downed faster than this

iā€™m assuming you also havenā€™t seen these either huh there was also a dmg spreadsheet for the predator weapon dmgā€™s with and without perks but with the current patch itā€™s not accurate till it gets updated

pred perk numbers not finished

fireteam perk numbers not finished

Alright I watched that video, and no, the ARs do not take down a berzerker in one clip. though some are very close.

Regardless, unless you are talking about times when pred is animation locked, claiming, or parry stunned, you have to really account for 3 things

1. Distance, as the tests in that video showcase. Clearly all weapons have damage dropoff.

2. Accuracy, When pred is moving, No one short of shroud is going to be dumping the entire mag into predator, not unless he is running straight at them and failing to connect melee strikes.

3. Line of sight, cant hit predator if you cant see him, and aside from when hes spotted, the foliage does a good job at breaking that up.

4. Reload times, All it takes is a really poor timed reload to fuck everything up.

So basically, Whilst after seeing that I can honestly say that god damn the smgs/ars are powerfull, especially considering there could be 4 of them. The nature of the game, as well as player skill. helps limit the damage they can do

Yeah that vid was without extended mag bro when he reloads the car 30 clip without extended he shoots 13 more bullets and that second winds the pred also look at @KameofWar comment too this info has been out for a while now

The predator perks numbers is outdated, and was posted pre 1.06

The second post you linked is just general tips for FT, Dont need to read that as I already know all of it (though I read it anyway)

also people would probably be landing all if not most of their shots if pred is

A: right in front of them meleeing
B: at a distance while aiming anything cause it slows him tremendosly ie bow pistol cannon
C: claiming a kill

1 Like