Making Fireteam Better for Hunt -- From a Full Time Predator Player

You can with some. On console if you look at a players profile it’ll tell you how many hours they’ve played, if the privacy settings allow it. Just console to console though, we do it sometimes to see if we’re gonna take it easy on the pred

Thats another thing that is sort of unfair because we go balls to walls on poor noobs without knowing.

That happens a lot too, you can only see other console players and only if they don’t have things set to private. although you can usually tell pretty quickly in the first engagement how skilled the pred is.

Against randoms new players its normal for any decent predator players to never lose, same thing for fireteam players that are playing together. If you want to play against good players you can just join discord groups and ask for private games. Today I have been doing public matches as fireteam with 3-4 players and have not lost a single match. Maybe if there were 2 predators my ft could have a chance of losing.

lemme just clarify some things about my playstyle too: i have 100+ hours in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Pretty much a stealth game. 100+ in Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, a stealth game. I’m currently going through the entire Splinter Cell series, and I proudly own them all, even Pandora Tomorrow which you can’t even really buy anymore :). I have the Thief franchise. I’m in the middle of Deux Ex, a stealth game. I play stealth in Cyberpunk. Metal Gear Solid 5 (highly recommended) and one of the 10 people on earth who play Metal Gear Survive (it’s okay.) I just bought Of Orcs and Men and I have Styx and am looking forward to the next one in that series. I’ve been playing PC games since I was like 9, decades ago. I love stealth games. That’s why I’m so addicted to this game and posting in this forum. I legit feel bad for the FT sometiems. I feel for them. I either get shit talked for killing them in 5 min (“I hope you spent 10 min on the queue for a 5 min game”) or I get shit talked for dragging the game out (“I honestly would rather get sickle killed than having you use the blaster and drawing the game out.”). I’m not great / good at any type of game EXCEPT maybe stealth games. In MOBAs: I play stealth. Stealth is my shit. So maybe I’m biased. Maybe that’s where this is coming from–and I’m just kind of realizing it myself. I really like this game actually. It’s a perfect mix for me. When I get a challening FT team, it’s really fun, and I enjoy challenging them. I may have a bit of dunning kruger going on because, yeah, I don’t have those top tier FT teams in private games–maybe I should arrange those or something–and I bet I’d actually get handily beat by them–but your average player? I am demloshing them. I think at the very least a ladder / ranked based match making system is needed, although I dont’ think making the queus longer would be fun. Anyway, fun game and fun thread. Thanks for participating and letting me talk about how good I am at stealth games :) seriously though I just love them–I don’t think I’m particularly good at them. Just really… involved. I would say Scarface’s commets about top-tier PC players is probably on point because I don’t even consider myself a great PC gamer and I’m regularly doing well. I can only imagine what a pro gamer with supernatural precognitive intuition and 600apm would do if he jumped into this whole scenario

tl:dr: matchmaking would be cool. love this game. pro gamers would demolish everyone if they joined this game and played pred.

Okay ya’ll here I am going 5-0 in my last 5 games: https://youtu.be/0Kbjf2rn5TM

I think in maybe the last 30 games I’ve lost probably 3 games, mostly because I made some stupid / lazy mistake like chasing a kill or diving in without my cool downs. Does that sound right? 27-3? I’m not asking for the FT to be buffed–I would rather they just had 1-2 more people or some AI assistance like airstrikes or chopper support. And C4 and other traps.

Also, let me know what you think of my predator outfit :). I am going for an immersive type look rather than colorful.

I recording these games using the 5min instant replay feature in GeForce experience, so some of them are the full game and some of them are the last 5 min, but you get a pretty good idea of how these games go in general from this video. I didn’t pick these games as higlights or anything. They’re all from the last 24 hours. They’re simply my last 5 games. I make plenty of mistakes but clearly the FT team made more… Or somethign is off about their overall chances of winning. Maybe I’m just that good–but I doubt it. I’d like them to have at least 5 people on their team, preferably 6. My strategy is always just have fun and don’t try, Charles Bukowski style. Let it flow like water, Bruce Lee style.

It’s also a bit sad to see so few players in this fun, well-made, original game: https://steamcharts.com/app/1556200#6m. I almost didn’t even buy it, and I ended up loving it. There’s very little awareness of this game out in the gaming community. Maybe they should pay some big streamers / influencers to play it and/or do a free weekend. Maybe focus on gen X influencers who remember the original movies?

Want to take on some melons? @REYNOSO_FUA11 @Forever_Mello

3 Likes

I’m in!

There are players here like myself who have over 2k in hours! I know other players that are about to cross that 5k hour mark!!! Those are rookie numbers

1 Like

JimHarbaugh is that you?

3 Likes

A guy talking like you, but more cocky, somewhere in time came into this Forum with the same speech.
Now, his nickname to me is Eleanor cause in matches against me (solo, no premade) he was gone in 60 seconds.
Never saw him again on this Forum.

1 Like

Nah he is better than this guy! And sticks to his character

Yeah. And at least he was more entertaining.
But you guys should give this dude one session of the Melon Experience.
Or Rangers.
Or Samhain and his team.
Cause he defenitely never ran into players like that…

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

Lol! Yeah maybe! And maybe he will be good and prove himself right! Who knows

That’s even better in my opinion.
IDK about you but i prefer to play great long matches and lose against good Predators, than win easy against bad ones…

2 Likes

Same here! Tbh I love getting my shit rocked by a good player

2 Likes

Ive seen it happen. It’s bs. Predator is very weak.

lol I’m not even bragging or saying I’m good. I bet 100% you all could beat me in a premade. But I did HOWEVER go 27-3 in my last 30 games. Something liek that. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not talking shit or bragging. I’m talking about the average user experience. It’s broken.

Also I’m confused how you would beat me solo in any scenario. I mean I mentioned earlier I played stealth in MMO’s. I had the best K/d ratio on the server. 15k kills and 69 deaths. What would you do in 60 seconds? I would be pew pewing with my blaster and jumping around. If you got me to half health, I’m out. Healing, etc. Idk man. Whatever you say though.