Match 1 Recordings: Blue Gekkos (Team 1) vs Scar Team (Team 2)

Here, will serve as a Discussion Post and Match Recording Drop Off area for the first match of Season 1: Season of Unblooded. Have fun players.

4 Likes

So. Where are the videos?

I have a small request, not necessarily for this tournament but maybe something to keep in mind for the future. So the best way I can think of to do it is by collecting match footage and editing it into a solid match, cutting between Predator and FT footage. It’s very important to have some kind of announcer or two giving commentary.

I don’t know how much of a thing you want this to be, I’m looking forward to watching them. I think you could really have something the community would appreciate, and grow.

5 Likes

Match 1 has ended everyone is uploading their videos right now

1 Like

I’m not uploading my videos yet, I kinda need to edit them down a bit but I just want to get some sleep first. Today’s been one hell of a day…

Understandable, night

1 Like
3 Likes

Scar team FT footage. No predator footage.

1 Like

I’d love for this to blow into a full esport

1 Like

Not to discourage you, and tournament aside. The game lacks a good mode for the type of thing that most esports have going. I think tournament videos could attract an audience on YouTube if the teams are fun to watch and the commentary is good.

Most communities I’ve been apart of have those members who go above and beyond. I think this little tournament is our communities first real attempt at it. My thanks and compliments to the organizers.

3 Likes

Very good stuff. Thanks for the upload.

1 Like

Set 1 Round 1 My POV

Set 2 Round 2

Set 3 Round 1
3 Likes

Did you have to kill our predator? :(

1 Like

Hopefully the tournament get even better

1 Like
2 Likes

all scar gameplay except for game 1

1 Like

Just watched the videos. Nice gameplay. Hope to see more.

I assume (you can correct me) they are good PS players on the FT? If so its a clear disadvantage they got when we compare them to PC players. When the pred is at a distance it looks fine, when the pred is close and he moves around and they need to follow… Then it get’s difficult (from what I can see).
Now don’t think I am good with a controller, I had to enable disability mode for aiming with the bow in Ghost of Tsushima :). I play like 2 games a year on my PS4.

Predator, the only scary one (in my opinion) was the above dude, J2ezg50. Now give someone like him a plasma pistol, give him around 30% better aim(at least lol, he missed a TON of spear throws) and have him leap around the teams like crazy taking pot shots and that is what I find as a good PC predator. Its a nightmare to fight, those are the players I’ve said that unless you have a FULL PC team you’re not winning no matter what you do.
Just look at J2, yes, a mag of hammerhead can put him into second wind, how do you do that when you can’t hit him? I would really like to see this type of arguments die. Predators are supposed to avoid the damage.

First time I’ve seen PS players play this game(like trough their eyes), more so at a high level.

Aside for the “scary” predator they all turned to melee most the game, you can notice how hard is to parry (just saying).

2 Likes

Just so you are aware, sometimes I intentionally aim low with the spear so I don’t lose it in the distance, I’d rather hit the floor for a quick retry then hit them and have it go for days. And that wasn’t my main class. But thank you for the kind words. I dont use the plasma pistol because I feel it is a bit cheap

2 Likes

Didn’t see the video, but throwing the spear on the leg to pick it up faster is the best way to play with it. Good job🙂.

Working on an edited video at the moment, don’t know when it will be uploaded but I’ll post it here once it is