OFFICIAL THREAD ENDING THE 87 THREADS

Yes, pre orders themselves do serve a purpose, though its purpose has shifted in recent years, especially with digital distribution, so what’s the purpose of pre ordering a digital copy anyway? Besides for incentives, and to inflate sales figures early and to boost profit and loss statements. Barely anything anymore for the consumer besides the incentives offered. At this point, we’re just gambling our money hoping the game is a success/good

It’s the corporate shitheads saying "pre-order or you get an incomplete version of the game (skins, levels, etc…). And it prays on fomo, fear of missing out. Scumbag tactics. Don’t side with the corporates. They don’t need your help.

1 Like

Basically how I feel about it too, it only benefits them in the long run, and fractures communities because this stuff happens in every game with pre order exclusives. Some get released later, some don’t, some end up in GOTY editions or Complete Editions later, whatever.

While we lord it over each other or fight each other about it they laugh in dollars.

2 Likes

100%

1 Like

They serve the purposes stated in the link, saw PHG in a Walmart it’s on that shelf because of projections based off of the preorders.

I’m not a fan of it, but understand why it is done.

Eh, its on the shelf because it was a product that was going to be made and sold anyway, this game had Sony’s backing remember. Not to mention, video games are one of the few pieces of media where pre ordering even remotely exists in any substantial amount simply due to the fact that they can just rip components out of a game and dangle it for pre orders.

This stuff doesn’t happen with movies anymore, and they still end up on the shelves. Its an outdated concept being kept alive simply because they can via actual content.

Try that with movies, rip out a scene and make it a pre order exclusive and watch heads begin to roll.

1 Like

So a director’s cut making you buy and watch the movie twice?

1 Like

‘87 Class will never happen for those that didn’t pre-order.

slightly different, especially if the directors cut then cuts scenes out for pre orders only.

They’re selling the same product twice. Some of them are like 3 minutes of cut scenes in a 2 hour movie, complete ripoff. Want to talk about outdated practices. If anything it’s a bigger deal than putting 5 dollars upfront on a videogame for cosmetics.

PC doesn’t get that luxury, pre order is full price only

We also see movies in a movie theater. Is that ok? i.e. we pay multiple times.

We’re talking about companies UP FRONT, before a product is out, asking it’s customers to pay or risk missing out on content/getting an incomplete product.

But look, most people don’t care, and companies will continue doing it because it works.

Or you didn’t read it, they use preorders to know how many copies to print and ship. It’s that simple, it’s a gauge to determine upfront costs verse interest.

Cosmetic content that doesn’t affect the product lol. Remember when they gave out those exclusive pokemon cards on opening weekend for Detective Pikachu? Because there’s a better analogy.
Pay or miss out, it’s called incentive. Nothing wrong with time limited content or exclusives.

Since I started playing FT, I haven’t seen a single JH. I have a feeling after these people get him they wouldnt use him just like everyone else.

I’m exclusive JH at the moment. Wanna get a 1v1 with a knife welding Dutch '87

I pretty much only use JH or scout atm which is a shame because I have the others collecting dust.

Buttttttt whyyyy

By your logic you should have received an exclusive predator card. In game cosmetic is still just that, IN THE GAME.

I’m sure it seems that way. We see things differently, and that’s fine.

1 Like