OKH reddit statement

It’s not a skill issue, it’s a numbers issue.
The ft damage is too high.
Looking at the math its simply unfair.

It’s too high on the Pred also, one bow quickshot on Isabelle with OWLF training perk lowers your HP to 50%.

The damage is high on both sides.

3 Likes

Im not ignoring what you said. It just seems like you are ignoring Pred damage is high as well with some weapons or aren’t recognizing it.

Now on the melting side. When you play FT you feel like you melt preds with ease. So, when you play predator, you don’t feel the same? Cause I sure as hell do. For me playing Pred is easy mode until I face certain players which most are friends. Sadly can’t say the same as FT when playing with randoms. And I consider myself to be 10 times better FT than Pred.

1 Like

Not if I’m purely comparing dps, mainly because its more than one person.
Theres been plenty of times where I feel like pred just doesn’t do enough damage, and given the nature of the game, since stealth sucks, you pretty much have to trade damage.

I dont like playing like a bitch, so I dont really use any one shot shit. I dont exploit, ect.

But honestly if were just analyzing the game, my personal experience doesn’t really matter, as well as others.
Anytime I’ve said anything about balance, it’s pretty much based off the numbers.

But I guess even tho I was kinda saying it, il just straight up say it.

@FromTheHood
If ft dps gets balanced, then yes, I dont think pred should have any one shots.
So I’m not against this.
But it also depends, given what the predator is, I do believe there should be something that’s extremely powerful, even if it would require some set up or something.

But again that goes with there pretty much being missing mechanics.

All that said, I wouldnt be against dropping pred damage, but not by 50%.

If ft gets a health buff, then I’d say drop it by 30%.
As for pred health, if ft damage gets dropped by 50%,
I’d say maybe only give like an extra 500 points of health?
Possibly 300?

Unless you’re trying to go for really long matches, but if that’s it, definitely gonna need new stuff so the matches dont feel dragged out, or too repetitive.

1 Like

Even while considering how high Predator dmg can get, FT still wins in dps. While its possible for a Predator to down a fireteam in a few seconds, 1 single fireteam can also make a Predator hp go from 100 to 0 also in a few seconds, then you add that there are 3 more ft that can do the same type of dmg and then its way faster than the time it takes for a Predator to get 1 kill.

Which is why one shots are necessary in this game due to the ft dmg, even then he still needs to secure the kill and the other players can prevent him from doing that, even if you one shot 1 player, you need like 3-4 arrows to finish him, if the other 3 players focus fire on you, depending on their aim and the hp you happen to have by the time you get the first guy down, you will go second wind before you can shot numbers of arrows necessary to secure the kill. You can try to sacrifice second wind but you might die in the process, takes like 5 minutes for it to come back, by then mission will be over, they can reinforce etc. I have been one shotted by charged plasma shots from Elders with Stalker but then I took like 80% of his hp while he was charging the shoot and when I got down the other players took the rest, it doesnt guarantee a kill being able to one shot a ft.

FT dmg is also way easier to apply than Predator’s cus hitscan x projectile and missing shots is much less punishable, as Predator you miss 1 arrow you can lose half of your hp until you have the time to shot the next one that might get a ft down, but then you dont have enough hp to shoot 3-4 more on the guy that is down cus you are getting melted. As FT 2 players hitting most of their shots are enough to outdmg the predator unless he is like getting multiple headshots with the bow in a row. So one ft can miss a lot of bullets and thats fine cus you don’t need 4 fts to out dps the Pred, as Pred if you want to use weapons like the bow you cannot miss, each time you do there is chance of dying.

The dmg is not balanced around 1v4, its just about numbers of hp and dmg, nothing to do with skill, Predator just can’t fight 4 fts head on, not when they are all players in the same level hitting most of their shots. I get it cus Illfonic probably had in mind that the Predator should play sneaky and try to ambush the Fireteam by surprise like in the movie, not just be a bullet sponge that can easily outdmg the fireteam but when you add that stealthy barely exists in practice in this game, the amount of noise Predator makes and spot mechanic makes it not work in practice. The tactics the ambushing fts so you can get the first kill before their dmg outpowers you is very limited and fireteam can adapt well to counter it, you have a 1-3 second opening to pull that shit and if you fail at the start of the match, its just gonna go downhill from there.

7 Likes

Its all in the way FT player play and their ability to unite with one or two or all three other FT members in unison to tackle the predator. If they aren’t in unison, they are fucked. Ive seen your videos Sam! Its just that obvious!

There should be a live monitor frrom the FT’s perspective that shows all three FT’s hit counts on your screen. You can bet that on your Death squads, you will see a unison indicator light up almost all the time in your teams of Beer, Rigtik, Minichka, etc.
If you put PS players on the live monitor, you will NEVER see the unison indicator light up. Never! They are that bad…I’m kidding there are some good teams on occasion.

THATS WHY I PROPOSED THE PREDATOR POISON DART and FT NET TRAP!

read it and tell me i’m on to something!

But then wtf is the point of this balancing act anyways? To make this game 100 percent of the time on your toes? I mean who the fuck doesn’t want to hit the jackpot and claim all four FT members easily, rightt? Maybe the game is as good as it gets, allowing for every possible scenerio.

and this sums everything up why pubs can’t be balanced around you and players at your level.

Most players (including those considered part of “PC Death Squads”) don’t have the same accuracy as you man. You need to understand and accept that you can’t ruin the game for casual gamers. This is not a competitive game. Doesn’t even have the player base to be one. It is a casual game and it will be balanced around casual players.

All these balancing complains have gotten us where we are now. Matches that are supposed to last 15 minutes lasting less than 3 because of the insane damage and multiplier damage buffs

Its fine. I already accepted that things won’t change, the post was more to explain my views on it. I just wouldn’t want any Predator nerfs without doing the same for the FT. I’m already playing mostly ft or pred only on privates due to the way the game is turning me off.

Same. Pred is a slog. FT with friends is fun.

2 Likes

Sometimes the power trips are fun.

All I want is just more gear to mess with as a predator than yeeting fire out my gauntlet along with more weapons like here is a idea for a DLC Pred pack: +Predator Class, +New Weapon, +New Variant, +New Gear Items, +New Specialization & +New Perks.
(Plus remove the feature of having multiple specializations for FT that way we can avoid having to deal with 1 Dante FM & 3 Sup FM, Or 3 Reckless Dutch 87, & 1 Leader Dutch 25 that way we don’t have people cheesing preds like that also 1 person gets the motion detector gun.) ((Btw this is just my opinion no going angy just my thoughts on how this makes the game more fun than infuriating to deal with people doing these types of strategies that are more malicious than it is in good fun.))

The question is, “Will it ruin the fun for the rest?” I mean it depends on what the balance changes are and of course, can the player base also adapt as well? Again, I see everyone from every type of skill level in other FPS like Apex or Fortnite and they do just fine in just grinding and getting good. What is the excuse for not making everything overpowered, varied passives for Predator, utility that works for both Fireteam and Predator, or new ways for new players to have an easier time to understand the basics of the game like a new tutorial for example?

Ok but also what if we wanna play pubs? Like just stick to privates then? Why? Why can’t we have an overall experience in playing with others in pubs? I find it silly to just stick to privates for a good match, instead of just making a game that everyone can enjoy overall.

DepressedObiWan

2 Likes

dude, the game is well balanced for the majority of pubs because the majority of players have no clue on what they are doing. Like for real, most players on this game play like they have never ever played a video game in their lives.

As pred, if they buff health/damage anymore to make it fair for veteran players, I’d be even more easier and boring than what it is right now. I literally got bored of playing pred because of how easy it is 90% of the time, queue times and playing without friends.

as it is right now, I find it more challenging playing FT with potatoes than playing pred against potatoes

Me jumping into this comment section.

Ok so make a better system that allows easier transition from newbies to better players. A Fireteam tutorial that teaches the basics of the game would be a fine start for example. I still see many pubs getting surprised that Fireteam can block Predator melee, use mud to camo from thermal, blue fist icon indicates Reinforcements, ect. A Fireteam tutorial that covers the basics of the gameplay would be a decent start to increase the quality of players.

Again, this feels like a strawman, who said that buffing health/damage is the only way to bring more balance into this? What about more utility, special abilities, and diverse passives? I know Predator severely lacks most of that in that department. Also some buffs are needed for Fireteam such as the EMP mine. The idea of EMP mines is useful if it weren’t for the fact that it barely has a radius that can do anything unless the Predator actualy takes a step on it. There are other ways to do this besides health/damage buffs.

llfonic, lmao

1 Like

Well that is not what people want for the only sole changes for balance. Least we can agree on that.

In my eyes
Indisposed
In disguises no one knows
Hides the face
Lies the snake
And the sun in my disgrace
Boiling heat
Summer stench
Neath the black, the sky looks dead
Call my name
Through the cream
And I’ll hear you scream again

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come
Won’t you come

Stuttering
Cold and damp
Steal the warm wind, tired friend
Times are gone
For honest men
Sometimes, far too long for snakes
In my shoes
Walking sleep
In my youth, I pray to keep
Heaven send
Hell away
No one sings like you anymore

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
Won’t you come? (Black hole sun, black hole sun)

Hang my head
Drown my fear
Till you all just disappear

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come
Won’t you come

2 Likes

what you say about the private modifications is correct,
I/we can play well with modifications but we are lucky that everyone has the similar views,
but just one who disagrees is enough…and modifications would not be possible.
but I don’t want to go into more detail.

I have another question

might it help if the Predator player,
(quick play)

would have more perk slots ¿

…I mean 3 perkslots fight against 12 perkslots…

What do you think