Patch Notes 1.04

It’s out, go the the Epic game store and download the full version, and uninstall the demo.

Can’t wait till I can actually join a game and try it out. WTF is this

I would love more melee weapons for fire squad like a machete, axe, or sword like the third predator film with the pred and the yakuza member and there sword fight and please give bots and longer timer or no timer or a timer setting because 15 mins is not enough time to discuss tactics i feel that the games are rushed please let water wash off the mud to add Emerson more pred traps like razor noose and constricting nets not the net gun but like an area where if a person steps in it they get lifted up and they start getting squeezed and the team has to find the rope connected to the ground and cut it

Also i think we sould let the pred pre place traps like in the loading menu and they can add the to specific spots to add suspense, i want to see if we can get a special mode where there are multiple preds vs like a team of ten and see if we can give firesquad a crossbow, please make it easier for the firesquad to die because i went toe to alien toe with a darn pred with a butter knife

1 Like

I have a lot of fun with this game im sorry for people who are having a bad time sends good vibes i think the devs are doing a swell job and please devs think about my ideas and others

Don’t even know what to say. Pre-ordered to back the game development as I was highly excited for a new Predator game. It looked awesome from what we were shown, and had tons of tiny little features that were very clearly fan service (mimic wheel is awesome, and also the fact that you can see the bio mask eyes flash golden when changing vision mode while cloaked), but now we’ve been given this half-baked piece of shit upon launch.

I played F13 a lot back when it was still receiving updates and loved it to pieces, but this game clearly has not received anywhere near the amount of love that their previous titles have had.

The fact that it’s so easy to disarm the predator’s self destruct mechanism is such a letdown of a feature. Might as well just sit there in defeat and let them shoot you until you finally full die. There really should be a skill based mini-game of sorts that isn’t easy but not too time consuming, so it’s either a choice you make to run or attempt to defuse. It’s a total joke of a feature right now in the game.

Another thing that breaks the immersion for me is definitely the fact that while fireteam members take around 5-6 swings to kill (for reference I am using the “Fearless” perk), fireteam members can easily kill a predator in 6 seconds tops. Illfonic expects the predator to play in a stealthy manner and to stalk it’s prey, waiting for them to break off from the main group, but it’s impossible to set up any traps with a 16 minute timer. This game doesn’t encourage a thinking play style, it encourages a quick slash-n-dash maneuver to take out enemies. The predator has no time to find and effectively stalk his prey. The objectives need to take longer, and the match timer needs to be extended. I’ve played more than one match where fireteam members will just sit in a corner with Ole Painless and box fed light machine guns, and I just stand no chance. You need to not turn the main antagonist of your game into a tree hugger, and turn it into a genuinely terrifying force that is omni-present throughout the whole mission. Don’t force it to be scared and act on a 16 minute timer, running arms-first into a fireteam that knows it’s coming because what else will it do; it has no time to effectively stalk and learn its prey. The predator becomes a boring special enemy that makes the fireteam yawn, instead of the terrifying intergalactic head hunter that made such an impact in the 80s and 90s.

And finally, we come to one of my biggest gripes. Oh boy.
Respawns. I’m sure you saw this coming. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that Illfonic attempted to bring dead teammates back into the fold to make their gameplay interesting. However, what you’ve brought us is a mechanic that breaks the game. This connects to my earlier point of match time. You can tear someone’s skull and spinal cord out, but it has no meaning as they’ll just be respawned by their teammates two minutes later at an objective two hundred and thirty meters away from their position. It also doesn’t help that the teammates respawn immediately on top of their living friends, usually while the predator is attempting to kill them and stop them from calling reinforcements. Maybe it wouldn’t be such a problem if the predator had more opportunities for healing and damage output, but it just turns this game into a chore to play. Please, remove respawns. They break immersion, and they ruin the game for both sides by turning it into an impossible tidal wave of vengeance.

This game is great fun right now, and while the queue times do seem to lessen excitement, I can say without a doubt that it’s very close to a faithful recreation of the original movie. I just hope the developers take the time to read this post, because there are some things that aren’t really working well right now.

4 Likes

Agreed the amount of waiting time sux

I’m still supporting this game but how come when I first started playing yesterday the times were bad then progressed through the day and got a lot better now were just starting day 2 and I feel like it’s launch again

1 Like

Well, from an extreme to another… the graphic is not so bad, i have a Very long list of great games with bad graphic… the problem is that i want to play a predator experience in a predator game… Lack of content, lack of inspired mechanics… and yes lack of a fucking offline mode. Someone will play this thing anyway…

It’s because everyone is gonna wanna play predator…they should just add a Predator vs Predator game mode

1 Like

Revives need a huge increase in time it takes to bring teammates back, especially if it’s for all three.

The “reinforcements” should also just be basic PMC’s not full equipped characters.

You should have a second chance at life, sure. But you absolutely shouldn’t be respawned fully stocked and loaded.

Lol, you do realize this is a MP only game right? Smh, buys a MP game, complains that there’s no SP, Noice!

1 Like

You’re clearly not playing pred right. You can stomp a whole team under 4 minutes, so if you manage to get yourself killed, that’s you failing at the pred experience. The pred is OP in the right hands, and the plasma caster is 1 shot kill if you charge it, so idk what’s your point there, either you don’t know how to play pred, or just trash talking.

Majority of the matches I have been involved in has the Support and Berseker classes WAY over powered. And seems that most of the matches have the Predator getting pretty whipped. How about adding some slots for perks (and maybe some health related perks instead of the dumb bio mask protection)?

Are you guys too busy dealing with your lawsuit to fix the non existent crossplay parties you said would be in the game at launch? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

How about having the weapons available to the Predator when it is down to a single fire team member (somewhat similar to the final showdown with Dutch when the Jungle Hunter was one-on-one with him)? When a single fire team member (or even two) go against a Predator alone (especially Bereseker class), they don’t stand a chance.

Or a game mode with two preds and a squad of either six humans or two squads of four

1 Like

Agreed - needs some variations on the team setups…since most people want to play as the Predator, the long queues are brutal.

I haven’t gotten a match all day lol
keep getting thrown into a lobby by myself

I hear ya. I am sitting in one right now - no fire team players showing up. Figured there would be plenty of them available.