Patch Notes 1.14

See guys! That’s twice now I was able to get through to illfonic! You have to remember we’re dealing with HUMAN BEINGS.

7 Likes

I thank you for the Increased attention to the Fourms. While frankly it has been a literal drought of information until it just gets shown in game, I still remain excited for additions you all have planned out for this game.

3 Likes

@OldKingHamlet Thank you.

2 Likes

I didnt buy the june dlc, and more than likely not buying the july dlc. im a predator only player but bought the dutch dlc to support illfonic but since then theyve shit on the predator. So your not getting any extra coin from me till there are bug fixes that currently still exist like the matchmaking , the spot spamming, the all knowing all seeing AI that can see cloaked predators much the same as the bullshit fireteam, the janky leap system, the lack of piggys on derailed. As people have said this patch was just cosmetic overload… who gives a rats ass if the game is so broken and unbalanced?

If you don’t know how Fireteam works, then that’s why Fireteam seems like bull.

Wait, so are the PC to Ps4 invites to party finally fixed? or is there still no crossplay through invites?

“* Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes not be able to detect crouched players that were right in front of them“

This was what we needed thanks illfonic, everyone was complaining about this.

Skins and tints don’t matter to me
I’m glab new gamemodes are on the way.
But we need them fast.
Predator queue time is getting worse everyday

Please speed up the gamemode and map release.
It’s good to finally hear from you illfonic.
At least, this game is not totally dead yet.

There’s hope!

I have never had an AI not see me even when fully cloaked and crouched for over a minute they still walk right up to me and start shooting, lol.

Exactly lol. At this point I’m wondering if they even play their own game.

I’ll take as many bug fixes and performance improvements I can get though. I love the game and want it to succeed so any signs that the devs are working on issues and will continue to support is encouraging news in my book. Look forward to them being able to announce when the new Map(s) will be ready for release.

I didnt even know that was a thing until these patch notes.

2 Likes

Niiiice

There’s 3 maps that were data-mined on PC version. The City Hunter info was also data-mined to previously.

The map names are:

• Excavation
  • Headquarters
  • Airstrip

Perhaps one of these maps are the city one with a specific new game mode.

I don’t want bullet drop in a game like this, the Predator moves so quickly and can leap all over the place, compensating for bullet drop would be a big deterrent IMO.

1 Like

Saw that but they might be releasing those months apart. They are needed now.

Sity Hunter is really cool DLC.

Ever since the whole Fallout 76 thing and that they revealed how working conditions are in video game development and how bad the managers and supervisors were at doing their jobs and helping the team instead of blocking all the things they want, i now think the same for all development teams in the video game industry. The people working on the game want to put in cool stuff and new modes and new maps but i bet their management isnt letting them. The reason why? We will probably never know unless u talk to someone at Illfonic. Its so sad, these guys r probably working overtime and its still not enough :(

2 Likes

Stop and think about how much work goes into concepting a single map design.

@IllFonic has to do the following:

• Ideate and concept environment look and feel
  • Build out wire framing and white boxing the map to scale
  • Test how Predator, Ai and FT can maneuver and interact with terrain
  • Design and apply textures, lighting and particle effects
  • Plan missions/modes asset positions and chain of events
  • Play-test how everything works
  • Address quality assurance concerns and bugs
  • Re-test to mitigate bugs, glitches and exploits
  • Optimize and package content for delivery
  • Submit to Sony for review and release

Content takes man-power, time, creativity and approvals before it’s released. We’ll get new maps when they’re ready.

2 Likes

But then you have the predator attacks and weapons that suffer massively from the slightest lag happening, where bullet shots hit everytime they should.