Plasma spammers??

they could easily apply it and it would allow the FT more time to revive etc and stop the spamming because it’s not a skill just spamming and hoping for the best

So a realistic reload animation?

And if it was a half a second it wouldn’t be that bad!

No I mean like 1 second per shot.

1 Like

Thats not how guns work tho

Right, but why we trying to limit pred?
Why does pred have to have slow rate but not ft?

2 Likes

The rifles never help them in any movies ever. Arnie ditched the guns.

Shotgun did in P2 though but might as well be firing bow and arrows the pred has to be infont of them for it to be any use, like getting trampled by a deer that suddenly showed up in his slaughterhouse camp.
They caught him at a bad time, its cold, and sprinklers went off.

Its not just Sharpy, I broth him into the discussion because I ended up fighting him(and he anihilated us, toyed with us the entire game lol). He said that its far to easy for FT since I won every single game aside for when I found Sharpy, this as he advocates that his own win rate as predator is 99%?! If its to easy for FT because I win that much, is it not that easy for preds if they also win that much? Do you guys not think I found a ton of potato predators just as well?

Yes, its random que where you can que alone, they gave you the ability to play with friends and customize the experience by making games how you want, even make predators just about God mode. Now if you want to que against casuals and randoms, I do think we can’t just go screw them at the same time. If solo que people would stop hitting that que, the que would be dead!

Yeah, things are not balanced when UK Spawn has 99% win rates, nerf preds a lot =))

On a serious note, the poll that someone made seem to indicate the majority think its balanced:

Only 38% think the pred needs buffs.

You know what’s annoying?
Usually when I go to type your name my phone wants me to call you Can.

Fkn auto correct switch Xan to Can.

Anyway,
Even if they say they win that much,
Matches vs low tier players dont count.

Those are pretty much exhibition matches.

I wish people would be willing to listen to me.
Ft has too much of an advantage cause of numbers.

Their numbers for their abilities are too high, mainly their dps.

I know hardly anyone cares but it’s so damn extremely frustrating being pretty much the only one who’s actually looking at balance in the best way possible.

If it were up to me the win rate would be 50%
But not because cheap gimmicks.

All shit talking and bull shit aside.
Right now ft mainly wins purely off of gimmicks, not skill.

That’s what I want to stop.
Also, if sharpy toyed with you so badly, then maybe it’s because you’re not that good.
Before you get defensive, I’m not trying to dig at you.

I’m saying it because you dont play a lot.
From what you’ve told me, you dont really play to train yourself or get to top tier.

I’m sure if you did and had a team with you who dedicated themselves that much, you wouldnt have gotten toyed with.

Anyway, I’m just tired of being one of the few ppl who’s actually tried and wanted this game to have actual balance from the start.

Not enough ppl analyzing correctly.

Well I do drink a lot of canned bear.

Again, if matches don’t count against low tier platers, why does it count when I defeat low skilled predator players? He made that comparison.

You know what else is funny? You guys don’ want to balance around low skilled players but also not around the best, since the best can do it :) Now don’t get me wrong, there is no way in hell I can replicate what Sharpy is doing just as well… If I would be to place myself somewhere (even as FT) it would be somewhere around just “decent”. Never said I was “that good”. Perhaps arrow is. Thing is I’ve seen Sharpy played against 4 man PC premades, what I’ve seen, looked similar to what happened to me :) You don’t keep cross play on yourself, try to get with a random team agaisnt Sharpy and you will find out what I mean. He placed traps almost at the start (that is how fast he found as).

FT numbers come into play with well coordinated premades, if you would allow only those in que (remove solo que, only 4 man can que) you would KILL the que, as it is, you can’t demand balance around only that as you farm randoms. This has been and issue in any game I played, premades going against randoms and dominating. But again, the community seem to indicate that balance looks “good” as of now, at least in that poll.

Also DPS to high… When you find a predator that can avoid the damage its not. No idea how its with a controller, probably way harder but Sharpy killed me once (almost) before I could turn around to shoot :) I never got stealthed killed before, Sharpy did it 2 times in the same game. Trust me, if you have insane skill, you can AVOID the damage (well at least on PC, again, no idea with a controller).

I do think the devs are balancing aroun 50%, they just take into account all skill ranges.

Depending on the predator, trust me, they also win based on skill since some can do it, some can’t.

There is this ghost build right now with the axe that almost 1 shoots me with support + thick skin. That is ALL that predator did in the game and we almost lost, he came out of stealth and if the hit connected, you’re dead.

Why would I fight sharpy?
I’m a hybrid but I dont push myself on ft.
I can put up a decent fight, but I actually am more of a support than anything.

So me as ft doesn’t really count in that situation.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I meant win rates would be 50% pred, 50% ft.

It would never be a guarantee as to who would win.
What I have in mind is a lot funner for both sides.

Again, you’re going off of one person doing this.
But it doesn’t matter if the dodge the damage, it’s still too high.

Also, Xan.
The opposite applies.
If there was actual balance, then not even sharpy would be able to you with you as easily as you said, so long as you’re not completely new, or shit at the game.

Because it would be so much funner for both sides it wouldnt kill the ques.
But of course, I’m pretty much the only one who wants this.

No one focuses on what needs to be focused on.

Why I hate when ppl try to shut me down, is because from the very start I’ve only wanted to help the game.
Not hinder it.

And I’m one of the few people who has actually seen what true balance is in a game.
I know what it is.

Its whatever though.

At this point, just give me a 2v8 hunt, preferably 3v10 or 12.

Also,
I dont really want to play with pc players because I dont like the personalities I see.
They’re pretty toxic man.

I honestly belive, win or lose,
I wouldnt really have any fun.

And after doing with my ex, I want to stay as FAR as I can from toxic people.

Well I was thinking to see how insanely powerful the pred is in the hands of someone that good. I also play support. I’ve uploaded the video and shared the link here:

If you want to see the vid.

Neah, that is what I was referring just as well. 50% win rates for both sides. Thing is, you can’t have 50% win rates for the same predator against a bunch of randoms and against a 4 man premade of the best players, its just not possible.

As for how fast I went down… Its not about balance, its more about TTK (time to kill) and its very fast for both sides. It is what it is. I also prefer a higher TTK but you roll with what is given.

If they would allow more predators per team, I would join preds myself, I like playing as a team.

I’ve been playing PC players and console players since the start, the number of toxic players are extremely low, I think the number of people I found I can count them on the fingers of 1 hand and I don’t even give a damn, I just move on with my life. I am in Europe so perhaps its different where you’re at.

No I meant here on the forums.
The pc players I’ve interacted with on here.

You wanna know the funny part?
Lately it’s more radio silence in my matches.

But typically it’s more of a good interaction if I talk on the mic.
This game has had the most cool population I’ve seen in any game that Ive played.

But I dont see it being like that with pc players.

Honestly I stopped being obsessed with winning some years back.
Im at a point where as long as I have fun in a match, i dont care if i lose.

But the fun I seek is extremely rare.

Btw when I said support I meant more I’m more of an actual support.
Im just back up really lol.

Which I dont really mind.
I dont really need the spotlight when I’m on ft.

I will watch the vid, I’m interested to see how you play.

1 Like

I had good interactions with all the guys from STEAM, most had mics just as well.

Not bad btw.
I wouldnt call that a humiliation though.
That was a typical match tbh.

Did you noticed how pumped those guys where at the start about killing the predator (and I did tell them he was one of the best predator players) and then half way trough it was something like “this guy is to good” :)

Btw I’m fucking sorry.
This stupid phone.

I didnt mean to say I would call it a humiliation.
I typed I wouldnt call it a humiliation.

My phones auto correct is a bitch.

But ya he played well but he didnt humiliate you.
I know it probably feels that way because it was you getting killed, but he didnt really do it in any fancy way.

He was just straight up business, no toying around.
But I guess it’s because I’m not obsessed with stealth kills.
To me they arent as big of a deal as ppl make em out to be.

But while I would definitely not call that toying with you, he did hold back.

He got a feel for everyone early on, gauged the skill, and played accordingly.

Like how he kept downing you when you got up at the start?
That’s pretty typical for a pred of they knle they can get away with it.
Too bad you didnt really have anyone to cover you.

But ya that was just a typical match to me.
Nothing fancy.

That’s not to downplay sharpy or anything btw.
I dont want ppl to misunderstand me.

Yeah, I got what you where referring at, no worries.

Stealth kills are pretty hard to get(ignoring potatoes), that is why this is a first to me.

Anyway, if you still want to melee, you can try the ghost build yourself, its crazy powerful as I said. Its almost 1 shoot. Its not going to work against a good premade but as a bunch of randoms (similar to what I had against Sharpy) it was a good fight, since you only need to hit once out of stealth, if you don’t notice him coming, you’re dead.

How do you do a stealth kill as predator on an FT? Do you need to first down them and then it becomes avail after they are revived? Does it work with all melee weapons or only 1-2? I didn’t really know you could do that on FT

You need to down them multiple times(and not kill them). It works with all melee weapons, you need to be behind him.

In this vid the first one was with the spear, second one with the wristblades from what I can tell.

EDIT: Targets that you can stealth kill have this symbol above their heads(you can see it only when you’re the pred):

1 Like