Poll: Predator Stealth. (Read first reply for clarification on better/worse, Comment any ideas you have that I missed.)

I agree, the visuals of the cloak close up have taken a bit of a downgrade in the last patch, and could use some work as well.

1 Like

I use audio decoys offensively

If you dump them all in one engagement you’re pretty much undetectable

@Lazycollinator I dont feel the clicking gives away his exact position although the closer you are to him the more apparent his presence is

I just try to think where I would attack myself as predator and the clicking points me in the right direction

1 Like

As do I. But if you dont dump a significant portion of them in a single fight, they are not really that effective. I would rather they be very specific and consistent in their sounds, and each one be more meaningful throughout the match, rather than them be something I dump in one fight and if I dont get the best use out of them in that single fight im fucked for the rest of the match. But thats personal preference really more than anything.

Edit

A lot of preds gear kind of suffers that same issue though.

The bear traps, especially after they were nerfed are not very useful anymore, as they are relatively easy to detect/destroy even without the perk for spotting them.

The motion detectors simply dont have enough range to really gurantee they be useful in a single area, and as such a significant amount of them need to be used in one area to be effective.

And the wrist launcher is just a mini blaster with highly limited ammo so its only useful as a backup weapon really imo.

1 Like

THIS needs to be

This

4 Likes

That might be where headphones and surround sound differentiate then, because with decent headphones it really is a situation where you can tell almost exactly where predator is every time he clicks. You can tell the exact branch, or rooftop, and even if he is on the ground, you get a fairly good idea of where he is. So Id say its 80% of the time that you can tell exactly where pred is off sound alone, add in a little spray to get a hitmarker and you have his exact position until he moves.

lol yeah no kidding. the thermal vision could look better too. Someone made a post on that a while back that was really neat. Ill link it in a sec.

1 Like

Could be. I dont have the best surround sound or headphones available

1 Like

There needs to be more than one variation of the thermal vision lmao…

Also there needs more than one vision… upto 3 maybe…

Definitely. While sound being important shouldnt be removed outright, I dont like the gap in player performance that the sound in this game can cause based on who has the best hardware. You should be able to enjoy the game regardless of your sound system. Sure People with the best will always have an advantage but you should be able to compete without the best imo.

What vision modes do you propose?

Thermal
Heartbeat (ofc can detect only at short to mid range distance heartbeats, like 3-5 meters max)
Footprint (that show all footprints of all characters in game, even preds)

Heartbeat definitely should be short range, but should show through walls. It should be a similar effect to when you scan for pigs. So it doesnt show the exact outline of the FT players, simply where they are. This would be good for playing around buildings and hiding FT for sure.

Footprint vision isnt necessary imo. It could be (and already is to some extent) built into the thermal vision.

Any other ideas for vision modes?

1 Like

I gave hunt a go today to see where the meta settled in randoms. My results? Go premade or don’t run hunt in randoms. All the buffs to pred and nerfs to FT have really tipped the scale in a really ugly way. AI buffs coming in droves doing insane damage, medkit nerfs, predator stealth. The bug with the branches that increased the hitboxes to all hell… All in all they drain your health really badly and 1 mistake when the AI come from the mission and the game is over. Its really frustrating at this point.
Eh, back to clash when I have the PHG itch to scratch. Personally I think that the current state of hunt and the existence of clash is going to kill hunt.

Well i can name like many more that we saw in other movies and even comic ones…

Light particle one
Xeno one
Organ one

I could definitely understand this sentiment. Hunt does still need a rework imo however…

I dont think clash will kill hunt. I mean in the short term yes, I think hunt is gonna hurt. However, This gives the devs the room to breath to make hunt less casual and really tune it into a more niche experience, One we should have gotten from day one. I think overall that its a good addition and will be healthy for the games playerbase in the short term definitely, and most likely in the long run as well.

Light Particle one? Explain that.

Xeno one would be a necessity if we ever get xenos, but as I doubt we ever will I will count this one out for now.

And what would be the point in an organ one if we get the heartbeat one? It has to have a purpose in gameplay.

I think someone leaked a fireteam class that is going to be able to be invisible to predators thermal vision… so i thought of what did predator do in predator 2 about that… he used his light particle vision…

Would be used to sort of view how badly fireteam member is, and to analyze his class and stuff…

I see, its almost like infrared so he can see the laser sights the FT are using. The only issue is that the FT would need to have laser pointers for that to really be useful at all.

Thats not a bad Idea, I would like a way to analyze the FT members on an individual level.

1 Like

Either way the multiple visions would be simple really… u just switch them back and forth by pressing V nothing much to talk about… i don’t think making them a perk would be helpful at all… would just limit the gameplay more… after all it’s still up to fireteam to win the game not predator… he can camp all day and view from tree’s

1 Like

The ques where going badly for preds before the patch that broth the new gear for FT. I guess we will see .

1 Like