Thermal Vision + Gamma Discovery

Greetings all, my friends and I have discovered a hidden interaction with the Gamma Settings on Hunting Grounds. On Gamma Setting 0.5, the Predator’s Thermal Vision is practically movie accurate to the first movie. Here we have compiled a small list comparing 6 Thermal Vision pictures with differing Gamma Settings. Shout out to @Idek @Idunno56 and @Scooda for helping me out with this test.

@IllFonic @OldKingHamlet , can we possibly see the Thermal Vision on 0.5 become the norm for Thermal Vision in general gameplay?

0.5:

1.5:

2.5:

3.0:

3.5:

4.0:

6 Likes

That thermal vision actually looks sick, Illfonic probably should make the vision more movie accurate. The thermal vision they have at the moment isn’t too bad but the more movie accurate version would be alot better in my opinion

3 Likes

Good catch. I dont know why I didnt think to play with the gamma

3 Likes

I have messed with NVIDIA FREESTYLE and made it look even cooler and more immersive… but im too lazy to post pictures xd

2 Likes

menu looks bad however XD

2 Likes

I have to say you can see alot more detail in the blue cold area on 0.5. If tweaked to this gamma, thermal gameplay MIGHT have better control and navigating t compared to the last picture where you can’t see any detail in the blue area.
The red area at 0.5 looks completely annoying even if its movie accurate. Balls to that, we’re playing a game.

My Gamma in normal gameplay Ft/predator is always at 2.5 adjusted for my monitor. I could see how having it at 4.0 might make using thermal unplayable to start off with.~ however the images are just used as reference…I don’t think you expect them to hard code gamma settings just so thermal looks correct.

3 Likes

How bad is normal vision though? lol.

2 Likes

Pretty bad lmao.

3 Likes

Predators in the later films and comic books had different vision settings to see in all the spectrums, why are the Predators in this game only limited to one spectrum is my question? Why not make this more movie accurate, allow us as the Predator to switch between these different views as well.

2 Likes

I wanna see a lot more vision modes to help through gameplay

1 Like

I mean if I could get thermal at 0.5 and everything else at 4.0 that would be great. Being able to actually see buildings and trees while in thermal would be very very nice. I wouldn’t ask for it to be that dark just more contrast and defined like it was in the first AVP PC shooter. Thermal wasn’t the most movie accurate but you could navigate really well, better than nornal vision actually. lmao

2 Likes