Possible 3v12 Mode

Not with objectives, assuming 1 team is voodoo and the other is stargazer.
Interested how they work the lore into the friendly preds though if it happens.

2 Likes

Yeah, but damage values do need to change cause right now they are too high and none of the objectives will get done 😂

3 Likes

Balancing will be interesting. On one hand, major changes will not be felt that much because of so many players. But just getting an initial balance in place with so many players will be so important.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned it before, but basically Stargazer players spawn in around objectives and get limited respawns for each. Or say, on objective to defend an area for 2 minutes. Which is simplistic, but more difficult version of current AI. As long as one persons still alive both sides can spawn players in at slower rates. Think like how the squad system functions in Battlefield, which could lead to some nice long matches. Preds don’t have second wind so they aren’t encouraged to jump into 6 people.

Other way I could see 6v6 working is only on a massive battle royale-esque map where you don’t get to start with the strongest weapons in the game, and maybe 1 reinforce per team. Have to complete objectives to get access to armories and such. Same goes for pred, pred players have to recover technology from a location before either team on either side of the map does. Or kill FT to get it back who knows. Otherwise hes stuck with just wristblades and no medkits while FT has hammerheads.

3 Likes

A purple predator? It seems the you’ve been seduced by the shaders like I have ;)

1 Like

Oh yeah I meant to tell OP his pred is disgusting

2 Likes

Purple predator disgusting? Unacceptable! You will be exterminated for this heresy.

2 Likes

Yeah. I wasn’t thinking too much in depth about it. There definitely are ways to change things up. On a side note, I didn’t realize that the ban on @DhRauta was that long. Seems a bit excessive

1 Like

So I was actually posting on an idea earlier similar to this.

What I’d love to see is rules for the Predators. If we do a multi-pred mode you can’t have cooperative Predators. At that point it becomes a simple “hey you get that tree, i get this rooftop and we rain plasma down on the FT till they all dead and I race you to the skulls” this would suck Bigly for everyone.

Instead preds have to follow rules, you cannot down or claim anyone who is not your target. They become your target by full scanning them in thermal.
If you down or kill/claim someone you didn’t target, you are now bad blood, and it’s open season on your ass even for your fellow Predators.

2 Likes

I also had an AVP idea a while back

1 Like

That kinda limits the teamwork aspect, a lot. At this point I’m against it

1 Like

That would be good but how would each Predator who is who’s target

1 Like

Predators expansion. That would be fun. I’ve always considered them dishonorable, but it would be good for predator players that need some assistance.

1 Like

limits doesn’t rule it out. Just have to be careful. That’s also the point to in that imagine you’re playing FT and all of a sudden 3 preds are just raining down plasma on your position. It won’t ever stop if they time it right. Your whole team can only sit there and die from splash damage. How is that fun?

2 Likes

The marker on top of the fireteam and on the side of the screen becomes specific to each predator

1 Like

This is actually really good because i’m not a fan of strict co-op preds. Should always be optional pvp & open season rules would be a interesting social experiment. Make a pred v pred kill a couple thousand veratanium depending on how many scummy kills and let them have at it. Playing FT in this mode should be interesting too (kind of like being a target in assassins creed multiplayer…so an actual hunt?) rather than just getting castered from 3 angles.

2 Likes

I do see that and that one if the reasons 3v12 is too many players. I’d like to see 2v8 or 2v6 first.

Or have only 2 preds altogether, instead of three.

1 Like

I counted 11 skulls

So you would know were that particular FT is at all time?

1 Like

Even at 2v6 or 2v8 it’s the same thing. Imagine 2 shoulder PCs at all. It’s just murder for FT.

1 Like