Predator balance

@Nephranhulk
He was probably barely alive. I’ve tried the pistol a few times and would say it’s good given that it has infinite ammo and keeps you in cloak.

I would have preferred the kind from requim personally

Honestly this was old me. I’ve gotten much better in the game and now I don’t find is that bad. As a matter of fact I prefer it, because they rarely go for ranged attacks (oh but when they do it really sucks, lol). So I can outrun it with the Scout class and even chase it and kill it when it goes second wind.

2 Likes

@Schoolboy_Skeptik So what do you propose be done about the FT being able to heal infinitely and destroy Predators bio mask in 2 seconds and escape in the chopper in 5 mins flat?

1 Like

LOL i almost can’t take you seriously with a post like this but here let me tell you something i’ve told many others if you feel like having a conversation we can go further

Look, I’m a pred main. I use the combistick and the bow.

The slam is fine, they just nerfed it in 1.11.

Don’t touch the combistick thrown damage, adjust the combistick damage during melee, that thing kills way to fast with its range.

The boars are a big issue with me. They should not be limited. The spawning of boars are broken. And from reviewing game after game, it seems that the spawning is based off of the FT and how they move through the map. If this has an affect on their spawning then the developers need to fix it bc that’s bullshit. I can’t tell you how many time I’ve played as scout and not one boar has spawned on the map, BUT if one does it’s literally next to the FT.

The balancing still needs to be tweaked a little, but it’s pretty close to balanced. I’ve played many good FT’s and it’s been a great battle. My problem is the glitches and other issues which lead a good FT to kill a Predator.

2 Likes

I highly fucking agree with this… you guys all of you need to realise… if you havent played predator and the fireteam mains… please trust me on this go play pred atleast 10-20 matches… just to see the pig system is way too broken as it is now… and im not saying its good broken for the predator end… its highly broken and in side for fireteam… the pigs spawn way too close on the pigs… and most fireteams learned to just camp them and not let predator get close to kill pigs… or worse they just speedrun objective and you dont have pigs at all cause they despawn way too quick cause fireteam left…

The medkits only serve you 2 uses or 3 if you got a perk on that increases gears… which still does not mean jack sh*t…

The pigs how i see them… have to spawn in as soon as fireteam spawns in all across the map in groups of 3 and making around 12 pigs across the map… and if devs agree they can just make the pigs spawn in like waves… after you eat like all of them… they can respawn once more but in less count so like 6 across the map… maybe even less but for the actual pigs showing on vision when you scan in and not in close proximity only cause thats actually dog sh*t…

The only way i see them actually adding second wave of pigs spawn… and i hope they do cause this is ridiculous as it is right now… cause i literally have to play breserker now to even get round fireteam to tryhard to even kill pigs WHO outrun the predator… and can take in blows from actual plasma… like come on… its alien tech we are talking about… like how can you make predator seem like a jelly plushy toy… BRUH…

So basically they need to make bigger maps and double the current objectives on all and future maps…

OH AND i forgot to mention… the stuff i used to say about PS players they are limited by controller… most of the fireteams i’ve gone againts have almost been on the PC level… and they are learning… like jesus the predator is literally a softy now… the only predator that feels like a predator is actually breserk… and he even is kinda mehy againts 4 players just constantly spotting you and shooting you and not letting you go for pigs… hell right now i havent lost as breserk but i will keep playing him until they do some balance changes… cause like right now THIS AINT IT CHIEF!.. the breserk now kinda helps me manage my anxiety from playing the game and just try to peak and try to even go for one guy thats back… like damn …

So as a avid ft and predator player
Suppt 4 arrow shots to down
Suppt Combi full combo cant knock a suppt down
Your getting hit by the predator as scout and recon… your not letting your suppt suppt.

Suppt main job
Step in front of predator and melee knife…
Ps4 players rush scout or dutch… run objectives without team…
Team is behind and they get picked off cause you decided that your xp is more important.

I think as a predator I go against AI 90 percent of the time. Most the games are new players or ps4 players that do a whopping 200 combined predator dmg…rocking the 50 cal.

1 Like

Then on top of all the crossplay a ps4 player accuses me of cheating cause i did 4400 predator dmg to a brain dead predator… give me a break… my only comeback is throw your ps4 in the garbage. Rocking suppt with ak47 and mag pistol no silencers no muddy up… Im the one you think you want…

1 Like

I agree… i never saw a among avg ps matches i had… most of them had 1k max dmg… usually around 840… either its just a pc player having above 2k… or around 2k dmg

Then theres pc ft vs ps4 pred scout 1400 1400 1400… dead scout 2 minutes into the game shooting the peashooter pistol

1 Like

Its funny you say nerf predator… ok lets do a new game mode… ft vs ft and throw in 2 predators

1 Like

The only actual thing that needs nerfing is that godamn plasma pistol lmfao… infinite ammo and deals high amount of dmg and can be spammed XD

How about we get rid of body blocking? Predators are how heavy? 400-700lbs? So why can someone half that weight block doors and generally be imoveable?

3 Likes

XD sure im up for that… and also add actual bullet drop cause yeah this is real life XD… the bow has arrow drop…

Cause suppt ft butterknives op

My suppt main

1 Like

Oh btw… the fellow fireteam mains that find this topic… do scroll up a bit and read what i have told you… the only way to see how unfair it is… is to actually play pred a bit

That was an old post. Yes, after 1.11, I think slam is in a good place. I think the spear should be destroyable, like the disk. Also, I think the yautja bow should have less ammo, like 15, and the arrows also destroyable.

All that said, they can leave the damage alone, now that slam is weaker. It should just be a resource battle.

Some of my trophies, just in case anybody thinks I’m a salty fireteam main.

I feel like the game is pretty balanced now. All that’s left is for Illfonic to fix the pig system and the other glitches in the game.

Like someone else mentioned, it seems that PS4 fireteam players are getting better now. They’re proving to be almost as tough as their PC comrades.