Predator is not OP

Pred is totally OP

2 Likes

As me and you have seen many a time. The only reason I bothered with this, is because if there is one thing illfonic actually listens to, and responds accordingly with, it’s nerfing the predator for no fucking reason. I honestly don’t know if I’ll play this game literally ever again. But just incase. I’d rather not come back to a Jump back and forth simulator where you just try not to die as the space alien hunter lol

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see an increase in pred op posts when the game comes out on PS plus

5 Likes

I had a team of 8 year olds call me OP yesterday. So yes, pred is OP.

4 Likes

Either you are too good or they are shit , I know which one gets my vote

1 Like

Back when the game released, I used to make a few recommendations.

1. Faster Base revive times
  2. Slower quick claim times
  3. Less/No damage taken while downed

Why?

Because new players can’t even touch experienced predator players with the current state of these mechanics. Making these changes would at least allow newer players to last a little longer when they are still learning how to run missions and counter damage attacking predators.

Would it ruin balance? Not really, because good teams are going going to be using Field Medic and punishing the predator for claims, regardless. Number 3 might change things a little, but fireteam needs significant nerfs and Predator needs significant buffs for experienced players to be anywhere near balanced, anyway.

2 Likes

Number 3 is gonna be a no for me dog

Nerf Pred, buff FT

2 Likes

This game already has the highest downed hp ive seen in any game ever

1 Like

Actual good teams dont need to bother to use field medic to win against any Predator. Those changes there would make me while playing on a team unbeatable.

I totally get it. However, without that, you’re going to have the issue of players getting helplessly slaughtered in downed state, even while they have teammates nearby, and unused resources, and “feeling” like the predator is OP. A big issue in this game is the lack of control that happens in many situations. Then players bored to death, spectating there teammates, wondering why they’re not playing something else.

If they made these changes, but also buffed the predator’s burst capabilities, like:

• plasma caster 150 base damage, but double the energy consumption
  • second and third hits of melee damage increased 25% and 50%b respectively, but increased melee stamina consumption 25%
  • buffed the other ranged weapons like plasma pistol (20% higher firerate) and spear throw (15% more damage)

There would be much better attack and retreat trade offs. A better ebb and flow. This game severely lacks that and can’t gain main stream attraction because of it.

1 Like

I just want to know how to be a good console FT. I’ve watched videos, I’ve turned my horizontal sensitivity all the way up, I have a good build…but I can’t move like PC players do. Backpeddling speed is slow af, and I still can’t turn fast enough to effectively melee when the Pred is running circles around me. So far, my only effective method is use my teammates as bait, then rush in. I’ve had some decent 1v1s but I still end up getting rocked at the end. So I’m just like…should I stay a Pred main? Or are there any useful tips for a console FT player to get better?

Need to have Predator: Training Grounds.

For God’s sake set up at the very least level based match making to limit noobs getting wiped on first contact by experienced players on both sides. Give them time to develop before dropping them in the meat grinder

Thats because you need a pc for that.

FT success is based on aiming, pred success is based on movement. Thats why there are a lot better console preds than console FT.

You can move as fast as you want as FT, but if you can’t aim then you won’t be winning much.

1 Like

To be clear, Predator is definitely NOT OP.

It just feels that way too new players, because of poor game design.

1. Find a team you can chat with in a 3rd party chat, like PSN chat or Discord
  2. Visit the Predator: Hunting Grounds Guide and try some recommended character builds
  3. Mud up at the beginning of every hunt
  4. Stay within line of sight and within 30m of your teammates at all times
  5. Learn to parry
  6. Learn the missions
  7. Attack first, revive second

You’ll very rarely lose.

1 Like

Think it through. Preds are usually predictable with their movements. Stay in open space to avoid getting pinned and kite them if they go for melee. If they’re playing range, track them. It takes practice and a little intuition but it’s doable.

1 Like

The issue here is not whether the pred is op or not. Is that these new players are basing their opinion on solo play, which I can see why they would think pred is op. We all know how frustrating it can be when queuing solo in pubs, so let’s not discredit their opinion.

I agree 100% that playing with teammates is a way better experience for FT, but these are new players, you can’t expect them to have friends yet. I’m sure with time they’ll make a few.

My brother, T-Analytic, has pulled off a lot of 1v1s. Usually with Scout or Dutch 87 and usually with double time. Sawz50 is essential, but you must also land your parries. Here’s a little video, so you can see how he plays on console.

1 Like

Oh yeah well you’re OP