Predator Lore

Always

Brought a little extra fun for everyone

2 Likes

Ehhhhh

1 Like

that’s actually kinda depressing.

What kills me though is that they have the potential to live like at least a thousands years. But the fuckers are just so intent on hunting the most dangerous stuff they normally die at about 300-500 years old.

To put that into perspective: if 1000 is their 100, that’s like if every human male died before 50 because he was so into hunting giant T rexes with only spears

race of idiots

Yeah this. I’ve always seen them as thrill seeking sadistic assholes that stumbled upon tech and don’t know what to do with it other than kill things for fun or infight amongst eachother.

Ascended tribe kind of like Brutes in Halo (that nuked their own home planet twice)

Is this a bad thing? Asking for a friend 😝

I personally don’t like that idea tbh. Like you aren’t the first person to propose it, even some authors have, but I always assumed they are just that advanced because they are so old and smart.

In Predator: If it Bleeds, the omnibus they touch on a Predator imprisoned at a soviet camp named “Ping” because within a few weeks he was able to make a system of clicks and “pings” with an American prisoner there based on complex mathematic systems as well to explain things faster in just a few audible cues.

They’ve always been really cunning and genius, so I don’t find it hard to believe that the race that’s been around since millions of years ago is advanced enough to have the gear that they have. The Tribal Thing seems to come from some religious belief and primitive society trend of “strongest will survive”

idk, they are basically just like really hardcore Eugenics people, which isn’t hard to believe considering Spartans were the same way, and they were quite advanced as well. So yeah, I think of them as like space spartans

Me too. They are advanced and bored. No one can threaten them so they handicap themselves and challenge the most dangerous game of other planets.

1 Like

Nope.
I liked it more than the honorabru noble warrior race klingon thing they pushed really hard in AvP but doesn’t really fit the pred movies.

1 Like

They’ve never done anything to suggest that they’re particularly brilliant onscreen though. Smartest thing was Anytime seeing the first trap instead of walking right into it.
You present them with fire or mud or and the only response is primal rage and growling noises instead of 9999 IQ calculations. I think they’re smart in a practical way and exceptional survivalists, but I just can’t see yautja scientists nor do I think that kind of intelligence would translate into killing other advanced species for fun.

1 Like

Yeah. I feel like this is true, but that’s where I’ve always considered the honor code to be how they rationalize killing other species.

They don’t just go around indiscriminately killing for the pleasure of killing. They don’t kill unarmed prey, and, in predator 2, city Hunter spared Liona because she was pregnant. That shows intelligence and restraint.

The message being, if you’re willing to kill others, you shouldn’t expect others to not be willing to kill you. Almost like a backwards golden rule.

What? They have proven many times to be really smart, showing they aren’t just space barbarians that just came across someone’s else tech and never evolved.
Besides, considering one scientist was capable to completly own a entire military base by himself and pretty much un-armed, makes you realise how hardcore they are.

1 Like

Besides whatever anyone thinks about Alpha Lore, Mainstream Lore or The Predator Lore, we can’t fault this guy for trying to wrap his head around it.

I unironically think understanding the Predator/Alien Lore and Timeline is more confusing than trying to understand Warhammer 40K simply because of the fact that Warhammer, as for as I know, doesn’t have at least 2+ Continuities and Canons to understand, and if you don’t? You are considered a idiot.

The autism spinal fluid science gathering was too far for me sorry. Can’t see predator tony stark making a predator iron man suit either. I get adaptations being made to the tech or a slave race assisting, the trophy retcon is just too awful.

2 Likes

For the Emperor!! (WH40k gives me nerdgasms🤣 The Black Library “The Horus Heresy” novel series is amazing, and fleshes out alot of the ambiguous areas of the 30K era canon. Lorgar and Magnus did nothing wrong, the Emperor failed them).

As for Predator lore, it’s best to remember that AVP canon is totally separate to Predator canon and Alien canon. All 3 are set in their own universes, and do not connect to each other in any way.

1 Like

I found this in an article from about 7 months ago.

Disney wants Robert Rodriguez to direct the next Predator film. It’ll reportedly be a soft reboot and while the story is unknown, it sounds like they’ll be ignoring Shane Black’s The Predator from 2018.

It would be nice to have a new movie retcon that trash. Hopefully, Disney doesn’t pull a Star Wars on the Predator franchise. That would be disappointing.

4 Likes

We don’t talk about this, I pretend the movie ends with Fugitive escaping the militar base.

Let’s hope so, because I really don’t like the way Disney handles their IPs.

1 Like

Yes let’s give the movie that sucked because it was full of MCU humor to the actual creators of MCU humor 😐

Really liked the Horus Heresy story. Most Lore I actually know from heart is pretty much how the Eldar fell and gave birth to the Chaos God of Lust, can’t ever spell it’s name.

Don’t forget about the Prometheus/Prequel Canon in conjunction to the base Alien Canon.

1 Like