Predator Perks Discuss

this is pretty much how i feel about perks at least on the Predator side

and currently you are entierly right if right now you are concernd with your performance in matches that “winning” is what matters to you there is a meta right now for both sides where you pretty much are always doing one of 2 builds with the predator at least which i bring up in my post above it’s sad but it’s the current state of the game right now though do keep in mind FT is the power role atm so it’s possible that a single mistake with the best tools will just cause you to lose the entire game right there and this mistake could literally be: " I stood still outside of a camp."

1 Like

Yep. I run adren and long leap plus whatever damage is relevant to the loadout.

1 Like

Touché my friend. It is weird though huh. When I read these “melted by FT” posts as well as shit like “cheaters”. Idk If the cheating thing is particularly the issue cause I’m no hacker but I’m glad you said they are the power Role not me because shit doesn’t that start fire on the forum 😂. And Like I said I merc as Predator but it made me think shit I want to try other load outs. But it just isn’t worth it I’m not a Untruthful STRONG LOADOUT Blood thirsty load vid you know? Though I dig his gameplay just disagree that there are so many top tier load outs cause there really isn’t

1 Like

I use hunter and scout both with long jump and adrenal. Cooling sync on hunter light bender on scout. Both with combistick and bow.

I use adrenal, long jump, impenetrable

:D (Shameless plug)

2 Likes

I run a Hunter with Down Range, Large Pouch and Adrenal Boost. I used to run Impenetrable instead of Large Pouch but found the extra heal more noticeable than the damage negation from bullets.

I use Bear traps and Healing kits, I think that’s the usual? Weapons are my weeb sward and the spam blaster

I have been questioning my build though, so I might try out some of the suggestions in this thread.

1 Like

So this might be a dumb question but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer as of yet BUT do down range and fearless cancel eachother out or can you get the 10% increase for both melee and ranged? I was interested in trying to make a glass cannon scout build but I wasn’t sure if stacking both perks would actually work.
Right now my Scout runs cooling syncs, adrenal boost, and modified energy and I use mostly Plasma Caster, Bow, and Pistol but if possible I’d like to get a little more oomf outta her Wristblades when I jump in for a quick hit and run slash.

Back In my day, we used to plug away shamefully!

well both perks effect completely diffrent things oen only effects melee one only effects projectiles

a better way to put it is
the combistick melee hits are effected by Fearless but the moment it leaves your hands it’s no longer melee it then becomes a ranged weapon which is effected by down range not fearless

so that should clear things up
Note bleed damage is not effected by either perk

1 Like

Hardline, Aquanaut, broccoli beef

1 Like

I get that but can you use both on the same build? And the get the 10% for both? Or does the game just pick one and make the other one useless?

you get 10% of both however sometimes one of the perks stop working in the middle of the game as i’ve noticed that happening to me before

Interesting ok so then it might just be better to stick with one I guess at least until they officially address that thanks 👍😁

You can certainly use both, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Stick with one primary type of engagement if you’re going to buff your damage.

If you take both, you’re essentially only using them each at 50% capacity each.

I personally always run Adrenal & Large Pouch.
Last option is usually modified reserve, impenetrable or observant.

I get why people bother with downrange & fearless, but I avoid them for the reason above. You don’t make use of them all of the time, and in order to do so you need to focus on that type of play. Something a good fireteam will notice. I’d rather more utility than 10% more damage.

1 Like

bump Because it’s actually rare to have a productive topic that can benefit everyone, new and old👍🏼

I notice a lot of u mention using the classes given by the game. Curiously is it by choice or lack of the DLC? Or do u find that the dlc just aren’t worth it. Because I’m having an issue figuring out for me if elder is my class or rather if samurai ( or any class) Is useful however not as effective as the main predators just because I do ( not by choice but out of performance based effects) run the same perks. Like I know the metas are basically just the skill sets and class that work best but do they work best because They are best are just because it’s that straight forward in the stats column that we can’t mix it up as much. I factor in gameplay obviously with all my sets before a match but I feel almost like my answer is the basics if that makes sense. I feel very conflicted when I mix and match which is what I want To do most But always find myself with the same In style

Samurai sucks bad, too slow and bad stamina. City Hunter is suffering too many bugs right now but is pretty decent class. Alpha is just reskinned Hunter. Zerkers are 99% dead on arrival because of how slow they are and how easy they are to hunt down when second winded.

Scouts require skill to use properly, but if used right are deadly. Elder and Hunter classes seem to be the two that people have most success with and actually rate. Sorry it’s short, I’m not a Pred main and just saying what I’ve heard from people plus it’s late and I’m tired.

2 Likes

Hey I dig it. At least there’s no shade on this post like others 😂. But I try to make my topics not to broad spectrum or to specific so no one can say “jst git gud” or hate on whatever the balance may or not be. Appreciate the feedback homies. Plus all good info

Actually dusted off the zerker class a few days ago. Pop Adrenal boost and long jump on him and it’s not half bad. Forget what I ran as 3rd perk but the mobility was actually just good enough to at least function.

1 Like