Predator 'Slow Walk of Death' - Game-breaking bug (who else has experienced this?)

Just trying to gauge how many people here have encountered this?

There are a couple of threads about it in the bug report section here and here

Basically it involves the Predator getting stuck in a slow walk/aiming animation while using certain weapons.

I’ve had this happen to me on 2 occasions after the update - once in a private match, and once in a public one (which I lost directly because of this bug). I’ve only played around 4 matches since the update.

It may be that this bug was present before the update and I’ve only now encountered it because having purchased the City Hunter, I equipped him with the Smart Disc and Combistick (which I’m sure many will want to do) - both of which appear to be susceptible to this issue. Either way, this is a pretty serious bug that can directly impact the outcome of a match - it needs fixing urgently.

5 Likes

I’ve had that today, has something to do with aiming when your not aiming, also couldn’t use mimic earlier either

Also caster laser aim sound wouldn’t go away either.

2 matches ago, i died obviously.

Wow my predators get deleted in todays matchs 😰. Whats going on?

Happened to me yesterday

Whoa, just happened again… occurs when using Combi Stick… terrible after you wait 10 minutes to play and you are winning.

DEVS have to fix this ASAP

1 Like

Seems to happen every match I’m using the City Hunter.

POTENTIAL WORKAROUND: been doing some tests in a Private match. Had the issue almost straight away - was triggered when I went to throw the combistick - had to switch to the new ‘wrist darts’ in order to get out of it, but obviously in the heat of combat this is far from ideal.

Anyway, I then used up all the darts - after that I was unable to trigger the slow glitch when aiming/throwing combistick or smart disc. So (and this really needs more testing, but thought I’d post here for others to try) if you use up all your darts first, you should hopefully avoid getting trapped in the slow walk animation. However, Let me know if this doesn’t work for others.

Try switching to plasma caster and aiming against always fixes it for me

1 Like

against what

I have as well, stopped playing for now till they get their shit together at illfonic and get this game working properly again.

Try switching to plasma caster and shoot. Still annoying in the midst of a battle, probably you will loose anyway … But for me it fixes the glitch 100% of the times

Yeah, this happened to me yesterday. And I know it happened to @Weevo540 as well in a recent video.

Another weird bug I’ve had is suddenly going into the slam pose (kneeling with fist on ground) but still moving around at normal speed. I didn’t even press R2 to slam, I was wristblading a FT and leapt away and when I landed I went into the pose but was still moving normally. It returned to normal after a few seconds but during the time you can’t do anything except move around.

Did they fix it? It doesn’t happen anymore…

Forget it… still happens -_- … please fix this ASAP

I tried it with a few different combinations on private and quick play and so far it consistently happens to me when I have a combistick and smart disc. I happened on the first combistick throw each time. When I tried again without the smart disc it worked fine.

1 Like

Smart disc is my bane of existence as Predator. Every time I use it something brakes
Throw it and my HUD disappears
Throw it and it gets stuck in mid air
Throw it and now I can pick it up
Throw it and now my camera is zoomed out
Throw it and now I can’t attack, switch weapon, heal in second wind, or even self-destruct

The Smart Disc hates me

If when you touch the trhrow button, you got no zoom, it will bug, touch the button again before lunch the spear or somthing like that. not work every time. share to you my solution.