Predators are weak

If you watch my pred vids which are vs pc fts. I show how to handle them. I’ve lost games as predator as well. I beat more premades than lost… killed by ft by premades maybe 3 times since apr.

The disc is good so you dont have to give position away. Im really good with it

If your at half hp vs pc its time to get a boar

The guns do not kill in 3-4 seconds, the math has been figured out and demonstrated multiple times of how powerful the guns are in this game. From a full health to a 2nd wind the fasted gun is the minigun and the machine gun (SAW) at point blank range without missing a single shot which is 4.5 seconds. This requires point blank and not missing a single shot with these guns btw. Damage decreases on all weapons the further away you are from them so this number just goes up. The regular weapons like assault rifles and SMGs take at least 7 seconds, against at point blank and not missing a single shot.

This is essentially emptying two mags into a pred at point blank without missing to get these results to simply 2nd wind the predator.

So no the math doesn’t work out that they magically can take out a predator in 1 second, even if it was standing still and everyone point blanked him with machien gun fire, not ignoring the 2nd wind, as well as perks which also can offset this even more.

Again this is unrealistic scenarios as typically if a predator is being point blanked and the FT is not missing, the predator is doing something very wrong, and these numbers all nearly triple in time it takes to kill at just around 40-50ft away, where hitting with every shot becomes even harder.

Pred players keep using the bogus damage numbers in the unlikely scenario where no one misses and is firing at point blank range and not including perks, being able to move, cloak.

I’ve seen predators melt in seconds yea, because they play bad.

Ive seen 3 ft members coordinated melt preds from over 300m… its coordinated fts not doing objectives… had a ft chase me only to get trapped and killed. Senarios of chasing at timer run out… lol

they literally do please educate yourself

You would be wrong here, sorry. The tests that you speak of were done without the extended mag being used. So please go back and check it out, because you are just plain wrong.

PS4 players should turn off cross play. Let the PC gamers eat themselves.

1 Like

humblebrag: the post

I play mostly FT… And I say that I think preds are soft targets. About the only time I dont make a pred run the other way is when they net me. If they try to use bow, I’ll just avoid it. Plasma Caster splash damage, kinda hurts yes. If they use disc, I’ll hear it coming and then see it coming and it will not hit me unless I screw up.
If they try to melee straight up, they’ll get parried until they get lit up by the rest of the team or I stab them to 2nd wind. I’m sure these players are not the best pred players, but who the hell would want to play Pred when you feel like you’re the prey?

Many FT players are good enough that they will inflict heavy damage on any pred that gets in their line of sight. And let’s face it, there is enough healing lying around on any level that attrition is usually not a very good option.

1 Like

When I play Pred… I prefer ps4 players, I know they dont cheat… And I dont get immediately spotted from 200m+ away. With PC players you can never really tell if they are just good, or use aimbots and shit.
Dont even know why one would need to cheat… can hear and see the preds clearly enough.

Okay i guess… @Courier if you are listening…

The actual pred health has to be increased upto 20% more… realistically max 20%… the weapons dont need nerfing except maybe the knifes again cause im seeing more and more people going at me with a knife and actually taking 70% of my HP if two or one guy is shooting and other guy knifing me…

So maybe nerf the knife damage again.
Increase the damage done to wildlife aka so one plasma uncharged shot kills a Pig… cause lets be honest a pig cant tank an actual plasma shot from alien life…

OVERALL THE GAME IS ACTUALLY almost balanced out but the game breaking bugs are making it seem like its not even close…

I only play PS4 because it’s unfair to compare PC and PS4, mouse is just too accurate compared to controller and most PCs run the game better than PS4.

But even so, there’s nothing more fun than taking down a relatively skilled fireteam piece by piece and then leaving one guy to Rez them all and then doing it again.

I used to try and kill the FT ASAP but I was killing my exp, so now I prefer to drag the fight out as long as I can unless they manage to shoot my mask off, then I try to end it quickly.

Pred isn’t weak, at least on PS4, you just have to think a lot about angles and opportunities.

Did they nerf the plasma caster again? A direct fully charged shot on a downed enemy killed them Last I remember

1 Like

The game is well balanced I would hazard on PS4. On PC, usually FT will win easy. All it takes is one decent PC FT member and they will bleed a pred in seconds.
Face a good PC FT team, or possibly cheaters, and you dont really stand a chance… no matter what some people claim. Stealth is basically useless since weapon trajectories are easy to spot, not to mention all the pred clicketies give a pred away fairly easily.
As I said earlier, even with just one PC player on the FT, the FT efficiency goes up by 300%… No joke. Usually as I look on scorecards, a PC player will outdo a ps4 player at least twice over and usually more than that.
And Preds still have to suffer from rather clunky weapons compared to what FT has access to. The Bow hits hard, but you will rarely get more than one shot in at a decent FT player.
Disc, once more… extremely hard to control efficiently. You go from moving yer mouse by small degress to having to drag it across your desk just to turn the damn thing… and then there is the inverse… yuk.
Plasma Caster… Well, as a FT I’ve gotten downed instantly by it despite having full health and OWLF Training on a Recon. So I know it can do damage, but usually lagg and stuff ruins yer day.
Which is aggravated further when using a bow, I’ve missed often several clear headshots on targets that are muddying up or ressing… And all I think to myself is “WTF!? That arrow should have hit!”.

And lets face it… Knives are OP, parrying is real easy and the damage is insane. Just today I almost managed to 1v1 one pred in a knife duel. Eventually he won out, mostly due to me playing Recon at the time… but the pred was seriously hurt and had to run away to heal. Now actually imagine if my FT members were nearby…

Game balance is a very hard thing. I know that. But one mag from a Hammerhead is enough to almost down a Hunter if ye can manage to get most bullets on target within the falloff range. And Hammerhead is the meta.

Lastly, I love this game. I love the Predator IP, hell I grew up on Arnold movies and Predator was one of my absolute favs, along with Terminator of course. So I want this game to be successful. And atm, PC Fireteams are just OP, if they have about average skill at shooters… And that can ruin this game. I’ve had several Predators rage quit against me just today, and many of em were lvl 100+ at least… and often I was the only PC player on the FT, it was enough.
Preds are easy to spot, and easy to bring down to 2nd wind and then chase them down to where they heal up and proceed to shoot them in the head.

2 Likes

In the right hands the disc is nasty af I play disc master most of the time lmao

Imo alpha pred feels like and plays like a scout, but has hunter stats … doesn’t feel huter like at all. Anyone else unlock him and think the same

1 Like

Look… the only thing i agree on is… Current breserk predator should have been hunter… or even a scout if we take in that you would verse only PC players… lets say they include breserk health for scout… and for hunter health its breserk + 5% increase… and for breserk its the breserk +10% on it…

Like im literally playing breserk just to be able to play stealthy… even with him you are like fking anxious to play the game… cause like the only thing stopping you from loosing is good pig spawn… or no one using a sniper rifle which is rare… and the usual shit is two of them carry a sniper rifle and play recon or scout…

The possible and probable way to balance out the game would be to add more content for missions and either expand the map or just increase how hardcore the game would be for fireteam…

To a seasoned fireteam who have open communication and a decent sniper or 2 , yeah the predator is a little more of a trophy kill

But for everybody else it’s fair game

1 Like

Not only that i had today PS players… like damn they played like somewhat below avg PC players… their aim was on point they had the communication… i barley won as hunter class… now im playing breserker cause fk that shit man i need to waste their reinforcements as quick as i can… and then i can relax somewhat xd