Predators are weak

yes predators are in fact too weak atm due to dmg output of the FT guns it doesnā€™t make sense why there are 4 people when there are guns in this game that kill in 3-4 seconds of sustained fire that would imply itā€™s possible for predator to die in a single second against a FT who seeā€™s him jump in or just bumps into him

i could explain more in depth than this but i would need to find the post i made a while back and qoute it here so if i bother to find it iā€™ll post it or if enough people bug me for it
pred needs buffs or top tier FT guns need nerfs nvm i found it wasnā€™t that hard to find

3 Likes
2 Likes

Just hunted down a 'zerker when it ran away to healā€¦ Found it, by sound, in a tree. Popped its 2nd Wind and chased it across half of Backwater and found it again, by sound once more, when it had just healed from 2nd wind and killed it with a few shotsā€¦ Then I disarmed the bomb and proceeded to win the game.

And this was against a PC player, not some ps4 noob. And yeh, 'zerker is kinda trash. But stillā€¦ And I am far from a great FT player, I am decent at shooters even though I dont play alot of em.

2 Likes

They already have zero vs me

You wont chase a good hunter/scout or elderā€¦ they have more stamina and if they jump on cliff to healā€¦ i doubt youll get them in time. Always jump up never jump down the map. Exact reason i dont play zerk

Only if it is unaccessableā€¦ Scout, yeh, could never chase one down. Just chased down a Hunter though. Itā€™s entirely possible if you have a build made for chasing them down, Double Time on Recon or Scout. I had the Hunter on the run the entire match, 5.8k damage on it. And yeh, lost it the first time I popped its 2nd wind, just found it again when it was finished healing.

My point here is overall. Predators are squishy AF. Stealth is generally weak, the cloak is easy to see and all the clicketies give the pred away easy to anyone wearing a headset.

The number of Scout players I have seen can be counted on one hand. And they usually have to run away all the time cause they cant take 5 hits from a Hammerhead.
FT weapons do ALOT of dmg in decent hands, and there is little you as a Pred can do to mitigate that. Because vs good FT players, you will be spotted and you will get shot.

1 Like

If you watch my pred vids which are vs pc fts. I show how to handle them. Iā€™ve lost games as predator as well. I beat more premades than lostā€¦ killed by ft by premades maybe 3 times since apr.

The disc is good so you dont have to give position away. Im really good with it

If your at half hp vs pc its time to get a boar

The guns do not kill in 3-4 seconds, the math has been figured out and demonstrated multiple times of how powerful the guns are in this game. From a full health to a 2nd wind the fasted gun is the minigun and the machine gun (SAW) at point blank range without missing a single shot which is 4.5 seconds. This requires point blank and not missing a single shot with these guns btw. Damage decreases on all weapons the further away you are from them so this number just goes up. The regular weapons like assault rifles and SMGs take at least 7 seconds, against at point blank and not missing a single shot.

This is essentially emptying two mags into a pred at point blank without missing to get these results to simply 2nd wind the predator.

So no the math doesnā€™t work out that they magically can take out a predator in 1 second, even if it was standing still and everyone point blanked him with machien gun fire, not ignoring the 2nd wind, as well as perks which also can offset this even more.

Again this is unrealistic scenarios as typically if a predator is being point blanked and the FT is not missing, the predator is doing something very wrong, and these numbers all nearly triple in time it takes to kill at just around 40-50ft away, where hitting with every shot becomes even harder.

Pred players keep using the bogus damage numbers in the unlikely scenario where no one misses and is firing at point blank range and not including perks, being able to move, cloak.

Iā€™ve seen predators melt in seconds yea, because they play bad.

Ive seen 3 ft members coordinated melt preds from over 300mā€¦ its coordinated fts not doing objectivesā€¦ had a ft chase me only to get trapped and killed. Senarios of chasing at timer run outā€¦ lol

they literally do please educate yourself

You would be wrong here, sorry. The tests that you speak of were done without the extended mag being used. So please go back and check it out, because you are just plain wrong.

PS4 players should turn off cross play. Let the PC gamers eat themselves.

1 Like

humblebrag: the post

I play mostly FTā€¦ And I say that I think preds are soft targets. About the only time I dont make a pred run the other way is when they net me. If they try to use bow, Iā€™ll just avoid it. Plasma Caster splash damage, kinda hurts yes. If they use disc, Iā€™ll hear it coming and then see it coming and it will not hit me unless I screw up.
If they try to melee straight up, theyā€™ll get parried until they get lit up by the rest of the team or I stab them to 2nd wind. Iā€™m sure these players are not the best pred players, but who the hell would want to play Pred when you feel like youā€™re the prey?

Many FT players are good enough that they will inflict heavy damage on any pred that gets in their line of sight. And letā€™s face it, there is enough healing lying around on any level that attrition is usually not a very good option.

1 Like

When I play Predā€¦ I prefer ps4 players, I know they dont cheatā€¦ And I dont get immediately spotted from 200m+ away. With PC players you can never really tell if they are just good, or use aimbots and shit.
Dont even know why one would need to cheatā€¦ can hear and see the preds clearly enough.

Okay i guessā€¦ @Courier if you are listeningā€¦

The actual pred health has to be increased upto 20% moreā€¦ realistically max 20%ā€¦ the weapons dont need nerfing except maybe the knifes again cause im seeing more and more people going at me with a knife and actually taking 70% of my HP if two or one guy is shooting and other guy knifing meā€¦

So maybe nerf the knife damage again.
Increase the damage done to wildlife aka so one plasma uncharged shot kills a Pigā€¦ cause lets be honest a pig cant tank an actual plasma shot from alien lifeā€¦

OVERALL THE GAME IS ACTUALLY almost balanced out but the game breaking bugs are making it seem like its not even closeā€¦