Prey review

Thats what I just said , if they sold something as woke (which they did) then people aren’t wrong to expect what they were pushing? I have said I hope the movie is good , but I expect a weak movie in-between good pred action . We will see on friday

If H of all people is calling it good, I’m willing to concede it’s gonna be good. I’m not even a big fan of the guy, haven’t watched his channel in I think close to 2 years now. But I know he absolutely despises Woke culture & is very vocal about it, so if he’s out here saying its not woke, that there’s no Sue Shenanigans & the movie is good. That’s all I need to hear because somebody who has zero interest in any of that shit is saying the movie ain’t that. Like I sooner trust the word of a dude who is openly Anti-SJW to tell me a film ain’t some BS then anybody else. The only question remains now is… will I like this movie more than 1 or 2? Doubt it will surpass 2, but a 2nd Place spot ain’t out of the question if it’s good enough: though more realistically, looking at 3rd place.

1 Like

There is an agenda in Alien and Aliens, they are both anti-corporate and anti-military-industrial-complex. They strongly make the point that corporations exploit their employees and are willing to let their employees be sacrificed to make more profit, and additionally make the case that it is the military contractor companies that are the most heinous of all. Ridley Scott and James Cameron have both stated as much, with Cameron’s stance being much more overt in the film.

3 Likes

Actually if I may, the trailer didn’t. While it showed that the main character was a girl, it also showed her getting fucked, I.E the bear, and everything else was more in a neutral state with no Mary Sue characteristics.

And I forgot how forward the monolague was but at worst it’d let us now it was a girl power story, which is not inherently woke, as woke girl power movies empthesize being overpowered because woman, and everything is because woman, non of which was seen in the actual trailer.

The reason why the speculation of the movie being woke was even applicable was because of Hollywood being Hollywood.

1 Like

you should see a court marshall and serve punishment for war crimes after that statement. Even as a joke, it should be punishable by death 😂

The first synopsis was “a girl who goes against gender norms” . plus , I’m no history buff , but did the comanche women even fight? Anything I seen the females never picked up weapons. They were very patriarchal in their culture.

As I said , I want it to be good , I fully see why it was perceived as woke (even if its not) . Its not my fault the way they choose to market it .

Which is shadowed by the trailer. Besides that’s just modern jargin to describe a girl power movie. You could argue that describes Ripley and Sarah Connor given their more tough nature.

I’m no history buff myself but from hearsay the Comanche were actually progressive. And Indian culture as a whole varied greatly with patriarchal elements.

1 Like

Pred 2 is under rated , its almost a crime

1 Like

They had an arc over at least two movies .they certainly were done in a clever way and a great story ,look at their first movies , by no stretch were they ass kickers like in their sequels.

The biggest travesty is that we never got a second movie with arnold

What? How is this relevant? You can only be bad ass if you have two movies worth of character arcs?

Dutch?
Harrigan?
Royce?
Terminator?
Die hard?
Isabelle?

It’s hard to say. There’s direct evidence that women in the Comanche tribes hunted small game with bows, slings, etc. and that they would have at least known how to ride a horse and been mounted by 1730 (movie is 1719). Also every single neighboring tribe to the Comanche including the tribes that the Comanche came from had women warriors, so there’s some circumstantial evidence it was possible in that yes, they should have known some weapons, and there are occasionally women warriors in their neighbors.

There’s also a bit more flexibility in gender norms than we tend to give them credit for because we think a lot of stuff is more recent than it is. A lot of peoples did not think in European terms as far as all that goes, for example all plains Native Americans, including the Comanche were known to have people born as males that lived their lives as women which we’d today call trans, though wouldn’t have been at all a political thing at the time, just a thing that happened, these women would mostly have been priestesses, and prior to a large-scale raid or hunt there would have been one after another un-married warriors visiting them for about 30 minutes, lol. It’s not until you get farther north and farther west that there are equivalent of people born as females that live their life as men, in terms of historical evidence, but that did also happen among Native Americans, just no evidence among the Comanche.

But yes, you can find women warriors among even very patriarchal tribes

3 Likes

Dutch was special forces , harrigan was an already established ass stomper , Royce was a mercenary, Sarah Connor needed kyle in the first movie until the very end , John mcclane was a Newyork ass stomper and isabelle was a military soldier . Naru struggles to kill a deer

1 Like

In other words you can have a character be badass in the first movie

And Ripley had trouble killing a single alien

I gotta admit, first (and only) time I hunted a deer, I shot it in the hind quarters and and my step-dad had to kill it when we caught back up to it. I only hunted quail after that because if you hit them, they’re dead, no making the guy suffer for a couple hours.

My solution for a Predator would be to not have a weapon

2 Likes

Yeah , a Xenomorph and a deer are similar 😁

1 Like

Anyway, the more I think about it , if the tribe was so progressive ? Isnt the point made in the trailer , that she is told not to fight etc? And if they were so progressive why would it be “against gender norms” to want to hunt/fight? Isnt she even asked why does she want to hunt? Maybe the actual tribes were progressive, but in this movie clearly they aren’t? Or am I just crazy

They cant have it both ways , they are progressive , but have the point of their movie being she is told not to do the progressive things?

@DPRK_Chopra

In the context of aliens yes

In fact deer are harder since they run away.

It’s called being “historically inaccurate”

Sarcasm aside that how they’re supposedly in real life, not in the movie.

1 Like

I see 👀

I was going to give the movie a chance , but I like my alien movies to be historically accurate. I’m just not going to watch it at all now

1 Like

So here is where i find you little johnny boy! Stop playing with this trans rat and go back to fortnite!

This jungle aint it johnny boy, it aint it. Now hop along before i remove my belt and whip you back to lumbridge! god bless johnny boy, god bless

1 Like