Private Match Rewards

There is no single reason. There is a ton of reasons.

• Content we have is broken, unbalanced, and unfun.

• First DLC was an audio log/character copout.

• Servers are still unstable

• game is unoptimized.

• Long Q times

• Broken lobbies

Etc.

We cant fix everything with the press of the button. But judging from the responses of this post, I would say Most players that arent the lowest level of casual likely abuse the private matches for farming.

This means that (and of course im only guessing on numbers here) 30% or worse of the still active dying playerbase, is off jerking it in private matches.

Oh and its worse than that, since its guranteed that its the majority of the good players pulling that shit, it means that the pubs are filled with absolute bot players. So even if you manage to find a match, its gonna be over in 5 minutes 90% of the time.

How do we solve this?

We get the good players the fuck out of the private match jerk off sessions and back into the active playerbase.

Problem solved, Time until game death increased, time to fix this shit increased.

All they have to do is remove private rewards, and make rewards in pubs stay after death.

Guess what that will do?

• More good players = more fun matches

• Keeping verit = players encouraged to explore map and grab up vert. Meaning pred can play slower

• Matches longer

• que times shorter

• players happier.

See where im going with this?

and all if they change what in code likely amounts to a few if/then statements. (Oversimplification but basically).

How about you focus on the top problems of this game instead of the ones you claim is a problem that has no significant imact whatsoever.

1 Like

30%? You exaggerated on that one. More like 10% or less.

From your perspective…
I could say that from my perspective you are guilty of the exact same if you disagree with me.
Time will tell and we just have to agree to disagree like the mature adults we are.
Thank you for the discussion.

We are about to see on that one.

Time to see.

You do realize the percentage of users on these forums is nowhere near the percentage of player population of the game?

Of course,

However it will still provide some insight as to just how many people farm veritanium through private matches solo.

Oh, great!

Another genius who wants to throw another monkey wrench into this game’s already shit in-game economy.

This game’s got bigger fish to fry, Timmy.

1 Like

Its big brain time.

No but on a serious note, It may have bigger fish to fry, but these are changes that will permanently impact the population of the game, and are on the grand scheme of things, the absolute most simple thing they can do right now.

If a hundred votes and 50 says yes thats 50% of the votes. Still does not reflect the player population of the game.

Of course, but once again. Its evidence that can be presented to illfonic to make them realize just how much of an issue this potentially is. and the damage it could be causing.

Mhmm.

Idiotic suggestions like yours are going to accelerate this game’s demise quite considerably.

I’d certainly stop playing.

This has no significant imact on player population. What the real reason for player base decline is the lack of " content ".

Im not disagreeing with you. Trust me, I know it does.

This has to do with a division of the Remaining playerbase.

Ignore the people we have lost, due to lack of content for a second.

Look at the people we still have.

how many of them are jerking it in private lobbies?

We wont ever know that number, but im sure illfonic has some idea. Feedback is for presenting them with stuff like this.

But since we have been arguing over it for the past two hours ima sit on that poll for a few days, then ill come back and make a new post, with the poll attached.

The remaining player base is not gonna keep this game alive. You should be focusing on increasing the population and arguing about the lack of content. Rewards in private matches is fkn lease this game has to worry about.

1 Like

They can do both. Especially since as I said

This is a simple fix, and it will not only bring together the players we have, but any new ones we gain as the game gets back on track

People will abuse it.

There are a ton of people that like to play in a group of 5 with friends and have a rotating predator which this game does not offer…

People make paths when the path laid doesnt make sense.

Maybe keep rotating lobbies with the same 5 people then?

Removing private lobbies and doing the old, sweeping people from under their feet is getting old IllFonic…

Listening to people like the OP and implementing shit like this would be the last straw for me. As if tolerating the continued, shoddy technical state and severe lack of content wasn’t enough of an issue.

1 Like

Oh no Im not proposing we remove private lobbies.

They need to stay. Im just saying the rewards. I still 100% support players going into a lobby and playing with their friends. Thats fine

its the solo farming that takes away from the population.