Question for the community.

Hey guys. I just wanted to ask something. Recently I made a post called speak with your wallet.

I’d say 80% of the replies there were that you all would most certainly be buying city hunter. So I have a question to ask you all. Or rather one to pose for you all to ask yourselves. Im genuinely curious what you think, so please reply.

What happens when you get city hunter or whatever skin you are looking for? You play with it for some time sure. But once you have that and dont have anything else to stick around for, how long do you think you’ll last before this game bores you too? Before the glitter rubs off and you start to see the issues with the game.

Unfortunately this community, hell even I, have become toxic. I wanted so badly to like this game, but despite its potential. I dont see real change happening. I just see the ship sinking further. Ive already surpassed the point where my interest cosmetically in this game has worn off. and basically as soon as it did, this game died for me. Ive already answered the question posed.

I dont want to disrespect those who genuinely like the game. More power to you, you keep the game standing. But the term “Blind fanboys” Ive seen thrown around, I have a feeling is more accurate than most of us would like to admit. Like I said, Even me. I let my love for the predator franchise carry me as far as it did. And I suspect it still is the sole thing carrying many others.

and before you write me off as just another bitcher, realize ive likely put more work into this game than most people here. Ive dissected this game, and reimagined it from the ground up. Ive been here since day one, have created polls to figure things out. If anyone gives a shit. Its me. But watching all of you has only saddened me. Only frustrated me. Because Im not sure anymore if im just the odd one out, or if we all are really this blind. here is all my work, for those who care.

If any of you have played halo, I feel kinda like the arbiter trying to expose the covenants lies to the brutes at the end of 2. lol

“Tartarus, the Prophets have betrayed us.”

Anyways, try to keep the replies to this post purely as answers to the highlighted question. I dont want arguments that dissect the question without actually answering it especially. shit annoys me.

1 Like

Yep play for it some time until the next content drop a few weeks later which is by no means a bad schedule. You guys are playing this like you’re meant to drop 50 hours into this game at a time nonstop asking for level 999 uncaps and such.
I doubt it was ever meant to soak up a hundreds of hours minus doing some daily missions off and on OP ofc you burn out.

2 Likes

Only time will tell. I am completely aware of all the issues btw. I might even buy Dutch and I dont even play FT

1 Like

I mean I never asked for level uncaps or anything like that.

And considering how… empty the content drops usually are, I could equate that mentality to the james woods ooh piece of candy joke from family guy. Thats kinda what they are pulling on us to some extent if you think about it.

Agreed tho, No game can be designed to soak up hundreds-thousands of hours. its impossible. But This isnt just a case of burnout like other multiplayer games. Ive had issues since the start, Ive only grown less patient with them as the game has continued to be neglected.

edit

The truth is, im not burnt out at all. I could have sunk another 400 hours into this game easily before i hit that.

The issue is, its now quite clear that, Things wont get better. When I play a game, I want to have fun. But when im constantly being dragged down by bugs, performance, imbalance, shitty queue times, etc, and the only thing we are getting is shiny skins basically. Well thats when a game has lost my respect, which is rather hard to do. Its the principle yenno?

1 Like

Haven’t got any DLC, neither City Hunter xD

1 Like

I enjoy this game for what it is. This game has bugs and most are game breaking in the terms they get you killed as the Pred. Other than that tho i plan on to play this game till the servers are shut down.

1 Like

In that case you wait more than one month. Entirely up to you and whether you want more content at once or monthly releases. It’s not like you’re going to fall behind if you take a break and wait for big content drops.

Monster Hunter if your goal is to collect and fully upgrade everything you’ll die before you finish it and that’s all co-op content.
This is an asyim though and has nothing close to a ranked mode. Just casual play for funsies no grind to be had unless you’re stressing over mythics.

I have no problem mannnn

1 Like

I’ve seen this thread 2 months ago. Exactly the same words with the same hand writing style!
So how long will the charm of this game last? Probably a lot longer than you think. However we’d be much healthier if the forum were closed.
Close the forums and we will come out of this lockdown more sane…let youtube/facebook/twitter be the only sources of updates and we will be better off not having to banter all day long, back andd forth about the same shit so that we can get back into society.

1 Like

Its obvious your problem is that you’re a predator main. That is clearly a one sided opinion, but then again so is mine as I’m usually FT main.

So if anyone reading this thread, merge us together and you’ve got the opinion of a player who has the patience to be on both ends of the spectrum.

Considering I just wrote it I find it unlikely. But if so, someone beat me to the punch.

Honestly closing the forums wouldnt matter at this point. Its neither healthy nor unhealthy. Illfonic takes ideas sure, but only fits in little shit where they can. its clear that when it comes to anything that contests the grand vision, or challenges it, they wont budge. And since imo the grand vision is gonna be the death of this game, Thats a big problem. But they are too cemented in now. Thats why I stopped trying to convince the devs, and started trying to convince the players. to look just a little bit ahead. Hoping that some of them, enough of them will see what I do, and make enough of an impact for change to be forced.

But like everything else here, its a hopeless endeavor.

I actually play both. Both are quite boring at times, or unfair at others. Its usually one or the other for the majority of the time and depends how hard you abuse the games poor design.

I mean it DOES come down to the lead devs vision here, as with any other game everyone else is just along for the ride. You bought a game not a personal stake in how that game is managed. We don’t know the resources or means they have for implementation of certain mechanics either so you can’t really be like yeah rework the whole game and do this instead.
They want to keep the action up so this will always be a fast-paced game one way or the other. 30 minute matches weren’t part of the initial gameplan.

3 Likes

Then why come online on the forums and express how shoddy this game is in comparison to what is out there? Why not leave or promote another game instead and do a comparison jolt to the system? Most people who couldn’t give a fuck would likely just ignore the forums. I’m sure you’d sleep better.

1 Like

Believe me I know. Hence why, when it came to my rework ideas, I tried to do it in such a way, that there would be very little graphical changes necessary (except new maps). Everything else is minor programming and number changing. enough so that I do believe it to be possible. meaning that I gurantee they could pull it off.

The only factor I think needs to be considered. Time is money, and I dont know quite how long all of that would realistically take to do.

That being said, some of those changes really are necessary imo. And shouldnt be ignored.

And you are correct. Its clear action is gonna be the focus till the end. So there goes the “Hunting grounds” part of the game.

1 Like

At this point im just watching what happens next. Talking to the community was never exhausting tbh. So doing all this isnt either.

sadly, The funnest part of the game was coming on here.

ask the community, I also have a question
can someone tell me how the game decides who

alpha
Bravo
charlie
delta

is.
…I have guesses, but if someone knows …
many thanks.

2 Likes

most likely whoever connects first when the matchmaking is happening.

So far im at 3k hours in rocket league… and was 4k hours in evolve… so evolve was kinda designed to but not rly

Plus… i was a kid back then lol nth much to do :/