Real talk: why are so many gamers Ignorant? (Discussion)

Yeah that’s definitely one of the factors of why the game failed. Funnily enough most of the reasons why the game flopped had very little to do with the game at all but how it was marketed etc lol. Too bad something similar happened to drawn to death. That wasn’t a balanced game but it sure as shit was fun.

Lawbreakers was definitely not an easy game though. Skill gap was pretty big. It was very difficult to get into the game if you were new and didn’t want to put the time into it. So I guess it left a lot of players frustrated. If someone was dominating a match, you knew they were good and not just abusing a cheesy meta. Sadly the player count was pretty low so new players were being thrown into matches with veteran players so that probably didn’t help much.

It really is a shame. Good foundation with a lot of potential only to fall so hard. Really should’ve stuck with the idea of the game being free to play, that would’ve helped a lot. That’s why you always see me begging for offline bot modes even if they’re shitty ones. Never good to see a good game become unplayable.

1 Like

Games with big skill gaps usually don’t do very well. Fighting games are a good example.

2 Likes

Marketing really is key. I mean tbh I havent seen good marketing in a while. my only place for seeing non triple a games is steam, but steam is so cluttered with these fucking weeb games at this point that I literally never see anything new that interests me. Its a hard market to sell in unless you have a title like this game does to lure people in. Its a shame, but thats what the internet has done to us to some extent.

And yea man a low playerbase never helps. Only makes getting rekt that much harder. Still, At least some people got to play it and experience it. I didnt personally, which Is unfortunate. I would have loved to, but I was too young I think to really appreciate balance.

1 Like

Sad truth. So many people just don’t want bother to learn the game. Same kinda people that begged for an easy mode on sekiro.

2 Likes

Also thats right @Fire

IM calling you out!

I wasn’t expecting any level of humility or humanity.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know when it started but catering to casuals is so fricken lame. It actually use to feel good when you accomplished something in videogames because it was challenging now it’s just whatever on to the next thing yawn.

1 Like

Oh man the marketing was awful. Especially at the time. The game released not too long after overwatch so that really didn’t help. Now if it was free to play it might have stood a chance against overwatch. But it had hardly any ads for it, not a lot of talk for it. And Cliffy B being an all round douche bag with his edgy teen attitude bragging about it, slamming other Devs, calling console players noobs and PC players pirates lmfao.

Sadly that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many more reasons the game flopped.

Guess I’m one of the fortunate that got to play the game and enjoy it. But the game’s death taught it’s players a very valuable lesson. Never take things for granted because before you know it, it’s gone. Always treasure those special moments before they fade away and become nothing more than memories.

2 Likes

Thats one helluva lesson.

1 Like

It’s very common in a lot of shooters these days. 1 hit kill spamfests with cheesy crap like stuns for easy kills.

Shit like that is more frustrating to play than a game with a steep learning curve.

A lesson that left a wound that can never be healed.

Rest in peace Lawbreakers. :(

1 Like

Yeah for me personally it doesn’t give me a very big feeling of reward when I win either in those games.

1 Like

That’s how I feel about old school DFO but alot of people liked it, but most people wrote it off cause of how it looked, or they simple never heard of it. There wasnt too much advertising about the game even tho it was a huge game I’m Korea, and pretty big over here several years back.

Nexon didnt manage it well, so the US version got shut down. It’s back but no where near as good as it once was.

I typically look into shit my self to see if Il like it, but another reason I didnt pay too much attention to lawbreakers caused it looked like you needed half a clip to kill one person and I fucking hate that. In shooters that shits beyond lame, unless it’s like robots or mechs.

1 Like

Huh? About what? If anyone’s a weeb it’s your girlfriend with the weeb avatar xD.

Fight me.

She is in fact, a massive weeb.

Lol

Still pales in comparison to you fucc boii

Lol I swear yall think I have like a body pillow, waiting collection, and fkn cosplay.

I got like a few manga that’s about it xD.

So fuck you hoe.
Your notes suck xP

Oof that was a low blow bro.

Shut up bitch you know I love you. XD