Roof slam is fair

Where is your proof in the podcasts? Please share. Also if your mission takes place inside a building the predator should just get to infinite roof slam? I play predator and i consider it an exploit. I dont use roof slam because i know its cheap. Even against a really good FT i never use exploit because its cheap. Also slamming out in the open isn’t hard at all. Like everyone seems to say practice tactics on slamming. You can avoid punishment if you do it right. Also i have never met a FT that just hides in building until timer runs out.

What is really annoying with people like you is that there’s no objectivity in your statements.

When I talk about nerf/buff I put both sides on the same level. In your case when you talk about the FT you always imply that they are at peek condition and in the best case scenario. But strangely when you talk about the pred you state that he have 8sec cooldown (which is wrong since it’s 10 sec). Yet you forget to mention that there’s a perk lowering this time to 5 sec…

I won’t lose my time to state the obvious but have you ever heard of time efficiency ? Someone has to stay in a house to complete an objective. So why not come in the house to heal and use that same time to prepare for the next phase.

I don’t even understand why I have to explain to someone that in a squad we have to watch each other’s back.

Lol I said 8 seconds minimum. That’s on SCOUT with COOLING SYNCS. Nice objectivity. The same scout that can just plasma caster the corner of the building and kill you faster that way due to the increased energy reserves/regen. Without overloading. Especially if they have down-range on.

I’m about to blow your mind but you don’t have to stay in the house to complete the objective. Incredibly, you can walk outside instead of waiting for the AI to funnel through the doorway because you sound like you’re on console and that’s all I see you guys doing. Imagine that.

use the disk more also. its great for remotely clearing out campers.

Lol another salty pc player huh? Are you mad to about most of us turning off crossplay to?

You should check your numbers. Also the pred isn’t so armless when he finish his slam. Just watch some bloodthirstylord video. He comboed the plasma gun and the slam which made him alsmost never vulnerable.

No you’re a bunch of potatoes and the forums should be split between console and PC because ofc you guys have different balance feedback when it takes you twice as long to look up and you can’t hit a moving target or reliably cancel a slam. Minus the few that aren’t potatos but it doesn’t feel like its worth crossplaying over.

I definitely agree that in it’s current state the game would benefit better if the PC and console versions were balanced separately. That may be impossible however due to the crossplay.

Run into a private match on a scout with cooling syncs right now & learn to count. 8 second overload.
I’d also like to mention this is the squishiest most easily punishable class in the game, so more power to 'em.

I’m on Pc and I’m just tired of predators slamming the guy inside waiting for us to bait and try to heal him.

Do you also get mad when they bear trap the downed guy? Dbd syndrome.

Sounds salty to me😁

Nope, I just find that it’s a move that was buffed ONLY because some pred cry babies cried enough, and it needs some changes. If your main tactic is to slam spam and you feel good about it I have nothing more to say because all was said.

I just think it’s hilarious that people get slammed and decide to stay inside the building continuing to interact with the medkit like nothings wrong. The complete refusal to adapt there is astonishing. Atleast with bear traps you could be like “waah theyre indestructible if theres no AI.”

I agree that a lot of people does that. To be fair I often hope that my teamates won’t be complete retards having this kind of cowardly behaviores…

You don’t punish the roof slam that way. That would imply there was some consequence to it beyond the Predator roof slamming an empty building like a retard and that doesn’t happen. You are only punishing yourself to avoid being punished. Go into a building to heal you will get fucked but stay out an heal and still get ducked. Kind of a damned if ya do and damned if ya don’t scenario there bud. Not sure where the confusion is. And what? I shoot my charged PC shots through the doors and still have a fair bit of success with even that just that. You made that up that I was saying that is ok.

Ok so you are not taking anything into account of time and logic with that bit about the 1v1 comment and the following remarks. If a Predator slams a roof and misses the three guys they have maybe three seconds to run out of the building, hope they get the right spot and line up their shots perfectly on point and MAYBE graze the Predator before he leaps or dashed away and now that guy that is blinded and hurt is partway separates from his team and could be an easy down. I don’t know what kind of world you are living in where that is ‘easy to punish’ but I assure you time doesn’t just stop for Predator and continue for everyone else when he slams.

The slam buffs, beyond this nonsense, are fine. Nothing wrong with it and I know full well the issues with it. Although I think you are underestimating how good the slam can be but that’s a side tangent. No idea about that knife canceling leap smash bit but that’s not even the point of discussion so I don’t see how it is relevant. Wanna discuss the glitches with leap slams that is fine but this isn’t what the conversation is about so…

So Predator can escape much more easily and quickly and heal up with plenty of boars and medkits and that is fine but the Fireteam being allowed any semblance of security to heal up and resupply with their limitted stocks, most of which you can destroy fairly easily, is crossing the line? Tiny shack turtling is a fucking joke. You can literally just keep hitting them through the door with charged PC shots and basically hit them however you want. So that’s a piss poor example. If you need roof slam or PC wall shots to deal with that… you’ve got far bigger issues than game mechanics holding you back.

Your entireeee wall of text here hinges on four people crowding a building and not working together whatsoever. It’s all just Crennos vs the predator and the rest of his team is lemmings that just stand on top of him the whole game and clear objectives like bots.

I’m saying ALL OF YOU DONT HAVE TO BE IN THE BUILDING. Be outside spotting the pred, you know there’s a pred. Be productive instead of standing inside looking at the wall. There’s no reason for four of you to be in a shack playing hot potato with an ammo kit in your percieved safe space. You read like you just want to go into a pub and solo the pred and no one should have to cover anyone ever. COVER YOUR TEAMMATES. Because if you’re actively playing the game and you shoot at a pred thats just trying to leap smash over and over he’s either going to have to switch up his strategy or die. Unless you’re playing with a controller that might be the root of your problems.

A Knife slash worth of damage cancelling the slam isn’t a fucking glitch lol its a mechanic. This is completely relevant to your complaints. Legitimately just shoot the glowing predator sailing through through the air cancels it and now he lands without stamina. It takes a single person. Hell if its a scout with his whole build around slamming then you can practically fucking kill him solo. Even if you miss EVERYTHING and the pred is now on the rooftop rooted and doing a dumbass twirl with his combistick, that is absolutely free headshots. Punish it. Shoot off his mask, it takes a single person.

Also FT has reinforcements don’t start bitching about healing.

You mean like literally every other aspect of the entire game for Fireteam hinges upon that? And ok let’s examine this further just physics alone:

Small building, only one or two entry points.

Limited field of vision

Susceptible to any AOE damage

Little to no cover from entry points

Any capacity to shoot up into trees or high ground is forfeit but ability to land charged PC shots for splash is entirely feasible

Medkits and ammo bags fairly difficult to hide from entry points and thus line of fire

At any given point no more than two of them could be firing on you from either entry, cutting their outward offensive potency in half

Exiting building can mitigate this but if camping heavily even with good coordination they would split themselves, negated entirely by bear traps and motion sensors could use this against them

To just name a few of the issues with this. For the skylight building now:

Multiple access points = more difficult to cover each entryway = giving multiple lines of fire for Predator = Strong Hit and Run potential for Predator that is difficult to punish, Smart Dic viable

Longer/wider so Plasma Caster AOE can be avoided to a degree

Cluttered with furnishings, difficult to get all four members clear shots on drive by’s and creates line of fire obstacles for Fireteam with each other and said obstacles

Each entry follows through a clear path to the opposite side allowing greater field of fire into structure for all weaponry

Easier to momentarily isolate targets especially with net gun with limited capacity to evade

Open windows that can be shot through with charged PC shots for further AOE potential

More cover for Fireteam and Predator within

Roof slam only partially effectual anyways there

For your example of not all being in the building… so they’re not camping them. Way to neuter your own point. Ok let’s say two are inside and two are outside. Cool. Standard gameplay then. Harass, poke/prod, isolate, etc. What’s the problem? They spotted you? Oh no. Yeah. Not much of an issue. Moving on.

Literally have never seen that happen anywhere. So gonna have to call for a citation on that claim about a knife’s worth of damage canceling. In fact I can actually show you a guy lighting up a Predator leaping towards him with a mini gun, well more then a knife’s damage, and it didn’t cancel so I am fairly confident you are full of shit. But I am open to being proven wrong.

Ok. If there are guys outside and you see them and you see they see you or even not and you are leap smashing onto a roof with one or two guys in it, whether they cancel your smash or not, you’re a fucking retard. And you deserve every ounce of lead they put into your ass for being a retard. That’s not a broken mechanic. That’s you being an idiot. Plain and simple.

And so what? They get reinforcements. Was there a point there somewhere? Or are you just being a snowflake?

All in all you basically are kinda admitting you want to be able to just hit a button and punish people for playing defensively in a survival combat situation.

All I am hearing really is excuses and pretending that a good Fireteam is just inherently flawless in all they do and using the most extreme exaggerations of that fallacy to justify why you lack the capacity to break even an inexperienced Fireteam turtle without stupid mechanics and exploits.

But yeah. I based my premise off that example because anything less is a non issue. You’re basically just telling me that you have no capacity to deal with any structures period and that’s nothing if not rank incompetence.

It’s like you’re being intentionally obtuse, what is this illiterate blog post you just gave me. Any excuse to make you not have to spread out. Just hop into a private game and have a friend slam you if you have those. Shoot him on the way down. It will cancel the slam. This is a mechanic. I didn’t say it was broken and I don’t know why you’re having a stroke rn. This is a direct counter to slamming, aside from spreading out. Shooting at the pred and covering your teammates = no slam. If you could fucking land any shots you would’ve figured this out by now.

Plasma caster AOE going through walls = not an exploit. Grenade AOE going through walls = not an exploit. Slam AOE going through walls = not an exploit. Slamming people who are downed = not an exploit. Bear trapping downed players =not an exploit. Handheld plasma caster AOE going through walls = not an exploit Shooting at the predator can cancel the slam = not an exploit.
Stop calling everything a fucking exploit.

All the other stuff you’re spazzing about including the fucking smart disc is null and void. Respond to me concisely.