Sigh.. This games balance.

FT does not have instant heals, STIM is regeneration. This is important since you still need to make sure you don’t hit or the pred is going to kill you trough it.
The predator has around 1200 HP. A FT can at most has 190 HP, support with perk. The regeneration doe snot heal you to full. The predator can almost 1 shoot you with spear (for example).
The predator can take a lot more then a FT, now if all 4 are shooting at you and you’re not moving… Yeah, you melt as you’re supposed to!

1 Like

Bow is extremely powerful just on PS, that is very true.

I’m including downs, damage taken while down, and revives into the equation. The amount of damage one FT can take before actually dying is ludicrous.
Edit: and that doesn’t even include the magical reinforce

That is a bald-faced lie.

And to everybody else. You’re the whiniest, weakest predators I could have ever imagined. I’m new to these asymmetrical games, but if you think the predator should not have to put a lot of effort into claiming trophies, you don’t deserve to be predators and illfonic should have never made this game.

1 Like

Explain? I personally routinely run predators down as scout and recon. And I’m not even very good as FT. The real key to their speed is the unlimited stamina. And yes, the predator has zero stealth. A good FT with headphones will just about always know your location either visually or (especially) with audio. If you don’t agree that’s totally fine, but feel free to shove it with calling me a liar.

1 Like

Anyone with headphones can find predator easily just by sound whoring

That being said I agree, pred shouldnt have it particularly easy. I just find that the balance around this game is based on exploits rather than fun. Thats why I bitch about balance so much. Being sound whored as pred isnt fun. It makes no sense. Nor does having to hit someone 5+times depending on the weapon. However as FT, being able to mag dump pred, or chase him around with a knife, isnt fun.

Assymetrical games arent supposed to be balanced. But this game CAN be. The problem is, it tries too fucking hard to copy different types of assyms and make pred the big bad, but fails miserably because the gameplay doesnt support it.

I think that’s a pretty fair analysis. Nobody wants to be totally dominated, and so the FT should be capable. But the game seems to be structured around helping new players find balance. But with experienced players those mechanics have the opposite effect.

Yeah once you know whats good and what isnt its easy af to exploit stuff.

Achieving a more stealth focused game would make balancing easier, as pred no longer needs to have health reliant on the entire FT shooting him at once.

Plus it only makes sense. This is a predator game, not evolve. If you want to play FT like hunters than this game shouldnt be that. Sorry. FT should be about survival. about playing smart. not bullying pred.

A very slow predator with absolutely no stealth defies the odds.

1 Like

Look there will always be examples to prove any one other example wrong. I’m just talking long term statistical trends. I mean am I off base here? I feel like I’m not the first person to bring up those points.

Oh. I didn’t realize these stats were available to the public. Well if the trends tell a different story, then who am I to disagree.

The only time I can agree that predators need more stealth is when pc players abuse low graphics. Otherwise, illfonic already buffed the Predator by greatly reducing the sound of footsteps and making the predator unspotable when completely invisible. You can leap, crouch walk, and turn off cloak if you’re worried about sound whoring. (The Predator clicks when cloaked)

Also, leaping predators are way faster than double time scouts.

1 Like

Dude, whatever. Search the forums. I’m hardly the first person to bring any of this up. Peace out ✌️

1 Like

Yeah, I know, lots of whinny predators around. Does not mean they are right.

1 Like

And the fact that you disagree doesn’t mean you are either. 🤷‍♀️

I would say fts are not noticing my footsteps till im right on them… which by then its to late

1 Like

If many people believe something does not make it so (Argumentum ad populum). Point is I find many predators demanding nerfs and when I start asking questions I find out they win far more then they lose (by their own admission) like 80-90% win rate. Then I am like WTF, you want 100%?

Not only that, count the number of people and topics demanding nerfs to the FT and how many ask for predator nerfs? Should we also consider the number of nerfs FT keeps getting every patch? This is as predators keep getting content, predators are on the 3rd consecutive new class with new weapons (the city hunter). Soon enough its going to be interesting how that pred que is going to look like.

1 Like

I honestly don’t entirely disagree. As Predator I win a good bit. I would simply argue that when you have two opposing teams who reached the skill ceiling for said team, the game’s mechanics definitely favor the FT. That said, the deciding factor in most matches really is skill. I would personally like to see some tweaks to both sides. 🤷‍♀️

Problem is nerfing the FT effects badly the majority (casuals). You need to keep those.

1 Like

Yeah I think I would agree with that. I just think some minor tweaks to some things for both FT and Predator. Nothing crazy as far as buffs and nerfs.

This is why I push my rework at every turn. Im sick of pred matches playing out as either EZ win or im getting bullied this game.

Hence why I push stealth and lower ttk. No one sided nerf that buff this. I want an across the board rework that deals with the issues on both sides.