Single Player Story mode Ideas

Ok, I know Some of you (Even Illfonic) hear this over and over, But I do have some ideas for this Single player story mode. But first Offline mode is still acceptable just like Friday the 13th hopefully, But for the story mode I was thinking of a Story that involves around Dutch and his adventures of how he become to be himself in 2025, But if wanted Add a Predator story too (probably a mixture of Concrete Jungle and AVP Predator Campaign). But however Idk If this is a Good Idea or Bad idea, But hey I just wanna say something what came into my head. What are your thoughts or idea’s for this topic? :)

4 Likes

Bad and 0 replay value just like F13 but with worse AI.

The 5 inevitable replies asking for an AvP campaign should just wait for an actual AvP game and put their 3 hours into that.

1 Like

I strongly believe the next AVP should be handled by someone else. I don’t think Illfonic can pull it off with how under employed they are.
But if they somehow managed to put good AVP content into the game that would be great, and would definitely bring in some fresh life to the game

Woops I got a little of topic
IMG_20201202_010250

But getting back to the actual topic of a single player story.

I would like to maybe see the story on how Dutch got that mask on his shoulder, maybe even play as that particular Predator in a prequel story before Dutch kills them. I just hope that we will be able to wear Dutch’s Predator mask or any Predator mask as headgear
I’d love to hear Illfonic’s talk more about how bad Stargazer is, hell maybe they can re-write The Predator movie and make their version cannon.
I’d definitely play whatever single player content they bring to the table.

1 Like

Anything aliens-related handled by illfonic would be Colonial marines-tier. Right down to the awful AI lol.

The awful AI was due to just 1 extra “character” in the code
Once removed I heard they were 2000% better

Yeeeaaah I do find this topic bad as well, It Just popped in my head think this would be a good idea but in the end I do find it bad, But It was just an idea that I thought I can share

No people have asked about a single player mode for a while now

That would be cool for having Dutches Side story, I just say If wanted put Predator side story just because Maybe Retrieve Technology that was stolen and given to OWLF and maybe wipe the traces of Yautja Existence But It’s best to have The Dutch Story than have Two Side stories

I mean in the OWLF tapes they did talk about a Predator EMP that made most of the salvaged tech useless

I pretty sure the Predators would be the main champaign, and Dutch’s missions would be the side stories

1 Like

Now that is a good idea, kinda reminds me of Concrete Jungle sorta, But it’s all up to the Developers though so We have to wait and see

Indeed

They have 4 small maps in the game (5 if you include the tutorial)

Took them 6 months to develop ONE new map.

Just imagine how long will it take them to develop at least 6 or 8 new maps in order to make a story… is just not feasible. They just don’t have the manpower and/or the expertise to create a story mode worth playing.

I’d just be happier if they release a dedicated server to play with friends overseas without such high pings and the ability to customize matches to make more fair gameplay, such as friendly fire and limiting the perks/weapons/gear that could be equipped.

2 Likes

Idea:
FT Campaign: FT side should have you play as Dutch 2025 (without pred helmet/gear), complete various missions, and the final mission in the campaign is to kill the predator, defuse the self destruct bomb, and take its mask. As you complete missions Dutch 2025 gets more pred gear building up to his current 2025 look until the final mission, where he gets the mask and you get his current look bc of that being the last piece of armor.

Pred Campaign: Pred side should have a separate campaign story where you train and hunt FT teams across the various maps, and the final mission is to break into a OWLF Compound to retrieve stolen Pred tech and detonate a self destruct device inside the base. The final boss would be an OWLF Leader Operative, where you have to defeat them to detonate the base. After killing and Long Claiming the OWLF Leader Operative and detonating the base, the Predator would be victorious and have the end cutscene with the destroyed base in the back and the Skull+Spine in his hands for the standard FT eliminated cutscene type animation. Start out as Default hunter, but through completing hunts leading up to the final hunt you get customizations and ability to choose between scout, hunter, and berserker.

New Game +: Fully functional, when replaying you have the option to access to all previously unlocked customization options.

DLC: The DLC for campaign mode would be alternate non-canon endings for the campaigns, where you play as The Predator that hunts Dutch 2025, but instead of Dutch killing the predator and taking his mask for armor, the Predator kills Dutch. Alternately, you would play as the OWLF Leader Operative and kill the campaign Predator and defuse the self destruct sequence, saving the OWLF compound and pred tech.

1 Like

COPYRIGHT! That was my idea! Jk well I was but more people say it we will hopefully get it

1 Like

I would love an off-line mode. Even if the AI sucks, just the idea of not waiting 5 mins or more to play… I would like that. I’m sure I’m not the only one. My daughter’s only 6 but loves her female Predator. I’m sure more kids out there would kinda like it. Then perhaps with that “practice” their game will improve and will like to give it a shot online and the active player base will increase… we all win… I guess… hahaha

2 Likes

Because most of us left.

A bigger studio would be needed. This is not an attack on Ilfonic but they are too small for PHG and waaaaay too small for a good single player campaign. This IP should have went to a bigger developer from the start. Not too huge like EA or it’d be a bloated micro transaction mess. Just a mid size company and we’d have several new maps and modes by now. Maybe even a campaign.

Agreed 100% dedicated server for private and also rather than limitating I would say just give the possibility to increase Pred hp and mission timer it would be perfect.

Perfect!!! :D

1 Like

I can agree with Dutch part of campaign, but Predator not really. Maybe Predator campaign similar to the concrete jungle game of 2005? But, no xenos.