Spotting/Parry Needs to be reworked

But the ft would always know where preds at.
An A.i. would be immune to the shit that works on ppl.

So anytime the pred goes to attack, it would take damage.
Every. Single. Time.

You say preds a queen?
No. Preds a rook.
And it can be easily shut down.

The ft wouldnt be pawns.

Even in your queen scenario. The ft arent pawns.
They’d be no less than rooks or bishops.
And what do we know about chess?

That if this is all on the board, the 4 just need to be positioned well, and the queen. Cant.
Attack.

Ergo, ft would always win cause it would never have an opening.

Check.
Your move slashy.

2 Likes

Dude there’s always opening, like I said if the bots have a reasonable delay. You’re assuming perfect knowledge, they wouldn’t have that. Both sides would have their specific awareness, so FT would have sight and sound and a Pred would have 3rd person POV and their mask.

In a game where it’s just bots with ultimate awareness you prove nothing. But if you had bots that played it mechanical the same as people do, then you could get better data out of it. Unfortunately that data would reflect that if the instigator of conflicts get a free hit from surprise and can disengage at will, they always win. The bots wouldn’t just be sitting on a roof with flat ground they would have the same pressures as the FT.

As for the Chess thing, I’ll gladly play you a match from a normal starting only killing with my queen while you can kill with any 4 pieces of you choosing (other than the queen) and I can be confident I’d beat anyone not rated. I’m not a bot but know a Queen is all I need against 2 knights/2rooks/2bishops, you can’t guard everything with only 4 pieces.

Currently up to video 61, have a browse. Last three matches I’ve sucked, hungover and not thinking straight then getting my ass raped in melee because the combi stick takes control…plus, my leaping is bugging out. I’ll have full stamina and the fucking thing won’t leap?? So I’m just getting my ass handed to me today… tomorrow however, we will see.

So I’m really good at tracking pred.
Given that, I can only assume the a.i. will be way better than me.

You give pred way too much credit.
Pred only works for me cause I make it work.

Ft works for me cause…
Well fps is easy xD.

1 Like

NO VEN, I WANT TO BE THERE. IN PERSON. LIKE A CAMERA MAN.

Lol. XD

Btw I usually win at chess xD.
Except vs my dad.

That guy…
Idk how he does it.
Dudes a natural at strategy xD.

I can’t focus when someone’s hawking me. Had a friend up at the weekend, couldn’t play Predator while he was there watching. I’m just weird like that, Fireteam sure because that’s just easy, mindless autopilot gaming.

I’ll see how I feel at the weekend after I’ve properly sobered up and got my shit straight.

Pfft. Fuck your stage fright.
Lol.

You will show your mentor how far you’ve come.

I watch the vids you post kinda.
I wish you spoke in them lol.

I do alright at chess myself but I’m not rated. Should have when I was younger but had no patience for chess theory. I can tell you that the best chess bots would favour the stronger piece, and that the order of engagement matters more than piece strength, whoever is engaging has the advantage and they only need one success per health kit, can go to unreachable places to heal and will be just as alert as the 1st person POV bots. It’s 3rd person and can corner peak, line up and headshot without missing too.

I hate my voice in recordings, it doesn’t sound like me and if that’s how I sound IRL then I’d rather be mute🤣 I’ll hire BloodThirsty to commentate my vids, all that positivity about mudding up will do wonders🤣

1 Like

If the pred had hitscan maybe.

1 Like

Lmao you always get ppl saying they love your voice tho xD.

I’ll take it, not expecting to convince you but moving your position a smidge will do.

Other than the final fight JH only ever attacked from cover, the games mechanics attempt to recreate this. To be honest I think the maps favour the FT more than the guns do. Imagine if our foliage was as dense as the movies, how much that would change things, if the map favoured the Predator… who knows maybe the next one does.

Oh, I know they do. And I admire those guys. Not easy to calculate and land good shots… well, not for me at least, and I know I suck, but still…

That leap nonsense happens to me constantly

1 Like

This thread is still going on. The only argument that needs to occur here is for this shit Pred player to git gud

Clearly none of you read tips and tricks parry is here to stay, quote use parry to deflect the predators melee attacks until help arrives. And they have made changes to it, and plenty of predators work around parry by controlling the melee distances and making the attacks not in parry range

Sits by a downed helicopter on Overgrowth, sipping Yautja wine, weeping quietly

1 Like

To deflect…not to destroy Predator. Remove FT ability to attack during Preds stun, reduce knife damage output to Predator and all this goes away. Parrying isn’t being used to DEFLECT, it’s being used as a direct strat to 1v1 Predator, something that I’m sure wasn’t intended and now the Devs can’t muster the minerals to make the necessary changes because too many who’s who rests on that crutch will lose their collective shit, and the forum will be awash for days with topics like “Waaaahh!!! Muh knife no do damage like before!! I hate you illfonic!”.

During LMS, they could allow that counter stab mechanic and damage output. But all other moments, FT should be covering each other.