Squirrelly Predator Bow & Caster Spammers

I’m not the only one who has pointed this out. I found the thread posted a while back by @SomeknowmeasXeno quite convincing.

alright i’m going to be nice and do to you what i did to the other guy who asked this question

bow hopping can never be fixed because of one simple question

what is the predator supposed to do to not get shot by bullets? which are HITSCAN
when there is no cover that fits his bodysize?

click the spoiler if you don’t know the answer

peek around corners which doesn’t usually work after the 2nd shot cause FT just fucking run at you
to make you move and then shoot you as you run away
pred thrives on ambushing but setting up more than one ambush in a game is impossible
hopping is the only answer to reasonably avoid dmg as the predator
cause AT BEST the FT wastes 15 bullets everytime they shoot at you
oh yeah it fucking sucks
but unless they give predator some kind of bullet shield or hp regen
it’s what we have to deal with as a mechanic

3 Likes

Appreciate you being nice, I’m mostly a lurker here.

I’m lvl 150 and have platinumed the game but I suspect I play a lot less than some here. Honestly I’ve mostly been waiting for new content. I don’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of the best builds and all the metas, etc.

Problem is unless you’re queuing up with a full FT of competent players, your bound to get some 0-200 damage ones.

It’s simply frustrating when I hop into a match and we all get rushed by a Pred who bow hops / plasma spams, and that’s all they resort to. Not even going for a claim but just spamming downed players until they’re dead.

Honestly where is the fun in that on either side? There are plenty of tactics in Dead by Daylight that might be part of the game, but are quite frowned upon. Of course, like with this, you get the argument of if it’s a genuine exploit that needs to be adjusted, or if the one complaining needs to just ‘get gud.’

I saw a few making this argument in the @SomeknowmeasXeno thread (A FT Gift from a Pred Main (DPS Chaser Build)), that things are so high in the FT favor right now, what else are they supposed to resort to? I don’t know where some Pred mains are getting all these elite FT squad encounters from, I win probably a decent majority of my Predator matches. I think there should be Predator specializations to counter the FT ones. But when I see so often Preds exclaiming that things are so broken in favor of FT. I mean, what percentage of matches are you actually losing?

I can only go by my personal experience, with again, is limited, but for me, things seem pretty balanced. I’m calling for a tweak because I’m seeing a tactic that feels cheap and unfair being used too often. And again, when the game came out the Parry spam was ridiculous, and I called for that to be nerfed too.

1 Like

tbf the % of matches i lose in QM is less than 10% and those games are almost exclusively as the “bad classes” (zerk scout viking samurai) with a few other notable exceptions however when you enter the pre made field this PLUMMETS to an absurd degree i’m talking even if i increase predator hp by upwards to 200% against some players winning against them is still too frustrating sure we can just make adjustments now but there is a problem with this

the trickle down

so overtime a META forms in a game as players communicate with each other or just learn from looking what other players are doing in FT case they literally get all the info they need on good classes in lobby without any VO comms after that it’s JUST game knowledge (like mission memorization and spawn locations) and being an accurate shot

i know and every other predator knows eventually as the game is now and as it was before when FT learn how to play the game you just won’t win as the predator or at the very least it won’t be fun to win because of how frustrating the game will be to play i have countless games in my example of fighting truely random players who just happen to individually know how to play the game very well and do not use voice comms and it’s a fucking slog to play against them and isn’t fun to play

albeit i have over 300hours in the game probably i’ve been 150 since the first day the level cap increased in the first 3 days of the games release i played for 36 hours straight

and while i’m mediocre at FPS i’m very good at meta predictions and number crunching i even have professional video game experiance (in terms of competition not making the only game making i do is Dungeons and Dragons homebrew creation)

the game is very much FT favored unless you assume it’s normal for a FPS player to miss over 70% of their shots
as when i look at actual number values of this game it is insane to me that the bullet damage this game has is assuming the FT miss 50% of their shots in every encounter with the predator

3 Likes

Upon searching the average FPS player accuracy is 28-32%, so you’re not too far off with the FT missing 70% of those, and that’s in games without a super fast Predator leaping through trees.

most people are making the FT favored balance argument exclusively using the knowledge players are starting to accrue regarding actual by god numbers here this thread is a good compilation of all of them

and pulling them away from do the actual players matter as imo i don’t want to use the worst possible players who still need to learn how to play the game when i would balance a game but maybe I’m a crazy person i know that Riot games for example has made balance changes like this in the past so there are people out there who do think you have to think of all the wood league players

BUTT
as currently the game DOES NOT have skill based matchmaking so the game shouldn’t be balance around skill too much when atm it seems FT have gotten al ltheir favorable balance changes exclusivly to pad the ability of the WORST players ft could possibly have which of course was just free advantages for the good players to use

which makes the gap of balance between good players in terms of winrates absurd as predators are having to try so hard to beat good FT members that it isn’t fun and it doesn’t FEEL fair

4 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight, I’ll have to go through that compilation.

And the end of the day though I have to wonder if Illfonic mostly makes balance tweaks on what they can see with back-end stats, or if they implement suggestions here. Would really like to see stat tracking added to the game.

Yeah I don’t think things should lean into skill-gap compression too heavily either. But you also can’t have it so only the elite players have a chance, it’s a balance. And they’re mostly going to be balancing based on quick matches rather than ‘pre-made’ (are you meaning private matches?).

With the spam-hopping, this is a specific nitpick I have here that I’m expressing, I’m not saying the Predator shouldn’t have new features or balance buffs in other areas. I’ve also had plenty of frustrating experiences as the Predator, and a lot of it came down to PC snipers (who I don’t really run into too much anymore) and parry spamming.

yes and no pre-mades in QM (group of 4 who que’d up as a party)
are just as frustrating as fighting a group of players through private matches it’s just with Private matches we can also change the rules to some extent

it’s def mostly with back end stats judging by the few times i’ve seen Hamlet (one of the CM’s for the forum) talk about balance related changes he refers to going over match data so forum stuff is just stuff that they look at they ask the team then it’s up to the team if yes or no where match data is more concrete cause it’s what’s actually happening in game however

match data can also be bad cause you need FUCK TON of data to make accurate changes or be able to think outside the box in terms of how systems and player behaviour interact with each other Killer instinct for example needed 4 months of data to make a balance change that actually worked and that was a relatively small indie game like this one

balancing has to be treated as a cure to a sickness not a symptom there is a story to the reason i refer to balancing this way but it’s very long winded

sure one month of data is probably fine for League of legends
but this game? absolutely not needs like 4 months at least

1 Like

You’re complaining about repetition and spam.
Yet ft does nothing but spam bullets.
Spot, grenades.

So why Is it a problem when pred does it, but not ft?
Not one person has ever given a good answer to that question.

Il give you this.
Yes bunny hop bow users are annoying.
Alot of ppl hate them.

But to call it an exploit?
How the hell is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you’re calling dodging an exploit?

I’ve hit preds in leap, I’ve also been hit while I’m leaping.

Theres no other way to tell you but directly.
You’re wrong.

3 Likes

Supposed to be an insult?

Snipers

There better be heavy empthesis on feels there.

A single FT member can out DPS the predator and anything the predator has that deals damage leaves him vulnerable to FT damage. Yes it’s as broken as people make it out to be.

OMG I LET OUT A SMALL CHUCKLE WHEN I READ THIS

THIS IS LITERALLY BECOMING A MEME

Hey look that pro Widowmaker main can destroy a team of literal game noobs. Not Overwatch noobs, game noobs. Therefore Widowmaker is broken.

That’s not how balance works.

Nope there was no empthesis, in fact negative empthesis on exploit.

Using the Predators mobility to stay mobile is not Exploiting the game.

Quit exploiting guns as FT.

Widowmaker OP guys.

Hey guys, I can stomp noobs with a 90% win rate. Pred broken.

Win rate doesn’t matter when you literally are stomping noobs who are unable to see a moving pred.

And ya You can take the way I’m saying this stuff as rude but I’m tired of responding again and again to these same points, so it’s not you, and This is the forums, rudeness is a language here not an attack :p

1 Like

no, literally no one thinks its a problem.

You encountered a predator that outplayed you, deal with it. Us predator mains haveto deal with it daily as its super OP easy to play FT compared to pred.

Ill say what i always say to people, try playing as predator for a few weeks exclusivley and then come and tell us how range is literally the only thing that works.

And a leaping predator is a sitting duck for snipers and super easy to hit, so if you or your team cant hit a leaping predator there is the issue not the predator…

2 Likes

Thats exactly what it needs to be, fireteam capability/potential to win is so high and all you have to do is learn and practice and get better. then you can start winning!
Not having the pred in a place where if both teams are good then the pred has basically no chance bar some luck and avoiding jank to win…

Cant balance to entitled noobs who cant even stick with a game if they dont instantly win, catering to crying little 8 year olds is whats ruining the balance.

Ballance for top tier gameplay then git gud sscrub is what i say. if you dont want to invest that time to get good then go play privates with other noobs or fuck off and play CS:GO / R6 in a noob rank server… somethign that caters to that skill level.

And imo the predator should be shit scary and you want to avoid it at all costs and GTFO and finish the mission, only fighting to push it away and then return to the mission, none of this chasing it around the map BS and hanging around on a roof the whole match with snipers n field medics… that shit should be a death sentance but its just not, its broken.

this is not aimed at you personally BTW its just my general feeling, so no disrespect :)

3 Likes

Run Scout Duelist. Pop off a few shots and you’ll see them leap away with their tail between their legs.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been saying. Pred shouldn’t be able to win. Pred players are immoral.

1 Like

Personally yes, but would also like to see reduction on FT dmg to balance it.

We wonder why the bow was bugged for so long?

Bet every pred player had the bow equipped, so that was a way to make ppl try other weapons. I mean we now have a quick shot option in the modifiers of private match. They probably were testing that, while trying to force preds to use other weapons. (Theory)

Pred is still the underdog.

3 Likes

If the pistol wasn’t a piece of shit I would use it more
But they nerfed it into the ground

1 Like

It’s decent at range I find, especially after a few caster shots!

Pew pew!

I liked it how it was
I even got fucked by it when I played FT
I miss the pistol

1 Like