SuperPredators visual aspect

Hello IllFonic! Have not been around for a wee while, just got the latest update and I have to say – on paper it looks fantastic, easy the best update to date – 3 new preds, all of them from movies.

In practice its not that cut and dry I’m afraid.

I’m not hear to spill abuse on you for those issues – just want to give you some perspective and maybe try to explain why people are unhappy. So lets do this shit, as there is alot of material to go thrugh…

For the past year it was a real rollercoaster with Illfonic handling this game. Sometimes you made us – fans – really happy, and sometimes really mad. Whatever it was, one thing was unchanged – Characters added to game always represented the top shelf standard – super detailed 3d models with perfect textures and materials applied in a very professional matter. Up until now. You see, 7 quid for 3 preds is not a lot of money, actually its super cheap, so what else to expect? Right?

BUT – its you Illfonic that got us used to this top level standard. From what I read on forums most people are simply shocked. Lets get down to details

Super preds have different clicks, growls and roars as they are a different Yautja subspecies – game ones are using default sounds. This should not be the case - super pred sounds shuld be unique to their race.

Body mesh – ok, clearly this was rushed, as armour dos not fit the body. See photos attached
Chest armour is not fitting correctly. Strap is going through the body
but2
Also on this you can see the cloth and tight armour is going thrugh his body. Speaking of the lower armour, groin belt is not fitting correctly – you can see through his ass – that’s not how its meant to be:

Wrist blade bracelet is … well have a look, its not fitting his arm at all:
arm2
Also - for some reason its tilted:
chestarm

All those issues are simply the result of having the body to skinny. Super preds were slim, yes, but they were not skinny – they were tall, taller than normal preds, its in the lore. So making him the same size as normal preds (like in your game) and giving him the slim look will make him hilariously skinny… this is what we are observing just now. Super preds should be much taller with bit more body mass :

Face animations are off – mandibles are constantly retracted inward – its not how it was in the movie, after the mask is off, those are going out to give him this iconic spider-like look.

Also head 3d mesh is very detailed but material file applied is too weak (makes the model look much more basic than it actually is)

Dreadlocks – nope, just no! They do not look like super preds dreadlocks at all. Texture is from valkyrie (super preds had plain dreadlocks) not enough dread rings on them (although rings have the right shape, I will give you that) and shape of dreadlocks is just standard hunter – super preds had them much thicker and swept back – it gave their heads this elongated look. Actually, much more accurate in appearance are default female dreadlocks(still no where near accurate, but much closer to original):

This brings me to another issue – all dreadlocks have their connection nod bit to high so they don’t fit the skull right (hovering touch above it)

Skin paints – guys… this is just hilarious. Apart from the default skin he wares (which is bugged as head does not match body colour) only ONE other skin in default section actually changes his skin pattern(Playstation exclusive) but right lower mandible is not covered correctly…
mandibles1
Every other paint in every section just changes the skin tone not the pattern, 50% of them repeat itself and gator skins are bugged and applied upsides down. Since we are touching this – material files applied is way to weak or missing altogether – looks very cheap

In short - this was rushed out for Christmas and you have clearly changed your 3d artist. Overall Illfonic, I’m not mad with you… I’m just disappointed.

23 Likes

This is GREAT analysis, very specific in details (even a bit too much, but still correct)
there are many true issues in the Supers should be fixed.

I’ll add the “neck fucked-up textures”
(if you already wrote it and I missed it I apologize).

6 Likes

Thank you pal! And no, you have not missed anything, it is me that totally missed it - yes, wtf is going on with their necks?
I have now realised that Falconer and Mr Black are not clones - two diffrent models. Falconer is missing most of chest and groin armour problems that Mr. Black is haunted by. Its wristblade armour is still bugged, just like Mr. Blacks, but in general Falconer is better quality
Also cloth on Falconers but is missing textures all toghetere in menus.

3 Likes

In addition - Mr. Black nod for holding skull is bugged :
skull
This is not the case with Falconer - skull is held in usual place, at the belt

1 Like

Great post!
I would like to add about Mr. Black’s plasma caster. In the original, it is three-barreled, but here it is made two-barreled. Most of all I was confused by this detail, so there were leaks with the three-barreled model, which also had a twisting animation.
This new cannon that we have now is excellent for Falconer, because he didn’t have one in the movie. And this is a cool author’s variation - Tracker has one barrel, Black has three, then Falconer will have two. But that is not Black’s cannon at all.

7 Likes

amen to that. RISE!
artworks-000462420564-t7g9e9-t500x500

I also agree that the bodies are skinny, but they are using the default Scout body in my honest opinion serves it well as a generic build. I can’t say if Illfonic hasany resources to do anybetter than that.

The texture painting is very generic as well. I think for the time spent on all the other variations, doing a really fine detailed texturing would have taken 4-5 times as long to get alll other shaders corrected.
At least there are a few combinations worthy of using. Its the same deal with City Hunter at the time he came out. But they got the general look of it right.

Animations couldn’t help this either as I think that pretty much restricts the mandible movements and positions, but they got the model right at least.
Still i love the feet and the boots. Thats tops.
One thing though is the wrist blade. Should be longer by a foot. but still. its there.

This class is going to get lots of use because Black and Falconer’s stats are right up there with Alpha Predator and he’s a bad boy!

RISE!!!

5 Likes

Great post really covered most of it! The textures are wrong, the size and build are wrong, the sounds of the clicks, roars, growls are wrong But also something you forgot to mention was the Plasma caster sound for the Super Pred’s is massively different from the classic pred’s. I know its a low price for 3x preds but this is a joke for quality. Just because you aren’t getting a good amount of money for 3x pred’s doesn’t mean you can’t provide a decent quality dlc.

Also the Captured Pred is LITERALLY just JUNGLE HUNTER. All the cry babies wanting JH and who didn’t preorder got what they wanted finally!. Captured should be bigger built, have more hair on his chest and other differences in appearance.

Please Ilfonic, fix this shit.

6 Likes

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER! @IllFonic @OldKingHamlet PLEASE LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND FIX THE SUPER PREDS!!!

6 Likes

illfonic just fixx this already!

3 Likes

because the bag is right there?

Careful with that, you may just trigger those who are happy they got bungle hunter and they’ll come telling you to cry some more.

1 Like

And…

Was there more to that

Did he say more hair on his chest?… 🤨

2 Likes

No no, the skull should be hanging at the same level and on the right hand side from the bag. Also it should be facing spine-down, quz right now its diagonal to the body and with full spine it looks wierd as hell. Falconer dose not have this issue so its 100% a bug

As a person who owns Hot Toys berserker and extended cut of the movie Predators I feel embarrassed to have missed those issues - as they are not small at all. No idea why they did what they did there guys, its obviously not movie accurate. Maybe as Falconer weapon it would pass, but Mr. Black needs to have a 3 barrel, proper sounding gun. Yet another thing @IllFonic

2 Likes

Re-release 100% authentic movie mr. black for us “real” fans.

4 Likes

tbh… Jungle and City Hunter are ALMOST spot on, so why not super preds? I’m actually suprise to see how low quality this DLC is. I was not expecting miracles but for fuck sakes XDDDDDD

4 Likes

I’m just joking on JH since it was a while ago where someone made a JH thread asking for 100% authentic movie JH and it should be available for the “real” fans and the preorder people can keep their inaccurate one.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have a personal theory on those boots. Up to Predators we have never seen Yautja with any footwere apart from light sandal like things. Those enclosed boots make no sens for creatures with sharp claws, used for climbing. So why?
Same reason Flaconer left arm - prosthetics. Feet were amputated to change their posture. Where am I getting this nonsese from? Predators comic book. In it Royce is attacked by a super predator with four arms and… digitigrade legs

2 Likes