Take on the new predator specializations and perks (patch 2.19)

Completely disagree

Preds need to be unique and provide different playstyles.

Not generic stats. Specializations are one way to do this.

Yes.

Quantity doesn’t take value over quality in this scenario.

Caster is the preds best weapon. This perk takes away the only downside of it.

Trapper just needs a buff

I think it’s fine as is. FT just needs a damage nerf.

Adrenal is really strong. It’s good as is.

Impenetrable is also fine. Again FT damage in general needs a nerf.

Quality over quantity in this scenario

What you got against me?

Fight me

predator-hunting-grounds (1)

Again this is a harsh way people think… i would say repeat your think process once again and thinking way out of the box…

and i will name again 3 points why i think it shouldn’t be locked to be unique…

1. This is very harsh P2W approach by devs, they are entering alarming dangerous play zone here, one of them is how evolve died, the devs did exactly this for the monsters in game. (This P2W approach is more silent approach cause like… they tried to balance it out to not be so noticable, but its still hidden behind paywall)

2. They are totally not making any sense for doing this cause the classes are not unique for starters… everyone can play dutch and pick to play sniper rifle or RPG…

3. This takes away almost 50% of fun from people… and for me it’s a very harsh turn off

Oh and the perk system technically makes no sense needs entire re-work… this was my take on trying to “balance” out current perk system… but it just leads to LIMBO-LOOP of constant damage nerfs and buffs… and it makes no sense to keep doing so… and i suggest total rework xD

And impenetrable deserves to prevent damage from all sources and not just from bullets… technically height advantage is in this case “better perk” than impenetrable cause it blocks all sources and it blocks 25% of all incoming damage…

and also i think both perks need to block more and more damage the further predator is… and the closer he is it should stop at 20 and 25%

I’ll take a look later when I get a chance

1 Like

It’s only P2W if they’re straight up power creep.

We’ve had

Dutch 25

Dutch 87

Dante

Samurai

Elder

Alpha

And viking all who did not power creep any class.

We’ve had two that did.

Not to mention this is a system used in multiple other games already.

Including siege, apex, and DBD. And it works just fine.

Day one characters are still meta such as Ash and thermite from siege

Bloothhundyr and pathfinder from apex

And dbd is an unbalanced mess.

It’s all about execution.

And that needs to be fixed. Not to mention with specializations launched recon with tracker became more viable (then it already was) thanks to spotter which supported a tracking build and we’ve already seen some stuff with pred specializations like this build

How…

How does having unique builds to each Predator ruin the fun?

1 Like

Yeah, well… until it gets “fixed” , i will either settle for them unlocking specialization for both fireteam and predator side… no matter which character they play, or i will also settle in if fireteam can only play with unique weapons… in this case… only one can run sniper… and one rpg…

It’s simple, for me all the games you mentioned i hate playing cause its locked but then again it suits it… in this case and this game concept this does not suit it, as much as you make points how other games use it… this does not suit this game, and i went trough like million scenarios in my head testing the simulations of it suiting it… but it just does not… predator is forced to be made this locked unique build character that can’t be anything else except his desired “race” he was born… or “type” he was born… technically idk what its called… i wont say its called racism… cause it probs isn’t… but who says that a berserk predator should be locked to only doing berserk stuff… its such like narrow minded take and it like ruins fun… it also brings me back to my traumas of like… if you are looking either hot u must act hot… so like… why does playing berserk force u to only take his specializations…

Its also total turn off because i would like to be running disciplined specialization on my jungle hunter build that i mainly focused on energy + stalking…

So…I kinda agree with your recommendation on dithered but for me at least I don’t even notice the cost because my perks for builds that use it tend to be cheap.

Trapper and impenetrable I think we’re adjusted to get people away from a zerk/Viking meta build

Personally impenetrable should just be eliminated and the Preds base lined given it.

1 Like

I personally think the impenetrable needs to be made so it blocks all source of damage but the further you are the less damage you receive in a way… the closer you are it loses value

Ok, hold on… are you suggesting to give ALL specializations to all predators?

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

I actually would if anything like the reverse.

Reverse? so like closer u are the less damage you get? XD

Oh no
No way. It’s built just like FT. No specializations locked behind paywall, no playstyle impossible for free. I think they did just fine

images

1 Like

Wait what do you mean XD

certain preds are paid dlcs and have specializations XD

Yes, but only to 10%. That’s the best way to make melee viable I think

I think it should lose its value the closer u are… but the further you are the more value u get…

It is brilliant and i spent entire night running simulations in my head what is the best approach for predator specializations

cause personally… looking at the things… fireteam is blessed with 16 perks overall while predator has 4

Fuck sakes man, get some sleep - I will take over ;-)

1 Like

oh dw i slept xD… but trying to fix my sleep schedule and my brain works better at night…

1 Like