Take on the new predator specializations and perks (patch 2.19)

I mean again i never said in my post i had beef with classes btw, i have beef for having locked specializations for each predator being unique… its wrong

And if you are heading here to say that if they do this people will just be running meta builds… then idk thats on people really… i personally don’t feel like running anything other than disciplined with my jungle hunter… and i believe many are here to support this cause, cause you have like fireteam with 16 perks with spec included in them… while pred here is with LIMITED shit + 3 perk options only…

That’s the entire point of classes. You don’t play archer with a shield, scout with an RPG etc.

They’re thematic and are supposed to fit certain playstyles.
What you mean is you don’t like classes in games.

1 Like

I see where you’re both coming from, I believe each Predator is its own class then you have metas for each class but still enabling customisation where you can modify it to adapt to your playstyle, which is what it should be for a game like this.

I like classes as in… being just there as cosmetics… i don’t particularly actually enjoy in game concepts like this to be labeled as something that i must be… lets take a made up player who plays berserk and he wants to play heavy hit and run and stealth…

why would u limit him to only being able to do specific specializations. legit its just fully labeling someone and making it seem like sexism… by playing specific gender or breed type role…

it legit makes no sense to have it in a game like this… in other hand games like R6S which eshtion mentioned…

you have specials ops specifically trained and in their past life description it says they decided to go for that… but where does it ever say in movies that berserkers predators are supposed to be these heavy classes that can’t be disciplined that they don’t make sound…

But yes i don’t really think its fair to have “classes” as in locked unique in place class specialization.

I think it limits the fun and its a turn off for many people

I’d like the ability to swap out specializations. Realistically only one I’d like to use is discipline on my jh87.

I think if we could swap them maybe at the coast of a perk point or two.

I do think each preds specials line up solid with each class. But it is a bummer that there locked between each other.

Being that it’s 4v1 as predator we should be able to apply any specific perk we want…
I’d have to give it more time in general to see if the battlefield is one sided or evend out…

1 Like

I mean again… why should a person have to follow metas to win and stomp… why can’t i just run stealth disciplined on a hunter and energy build that hurts no one…

Why should i be forced to play scout to like use it…

1 Like

Why not…

legit give me a good proper reason that is not based on how society thinks

Thats not a class then, that’s a skin.

what.

It’s like if im playing mei in overwatch and complaining about not getting to use reinharts shield.

Build-a-bear free-for-all mixmatch customization is absolutely terrible for balance too because nerfs affects the people that arent creating an oppressive meta abomination that covers all of its general weaknesses.

Because its not an archer if you’re running around with a shield playing the tank.

Classes have strengths and weaknesses which is the appeal.

No its a alien being who comes from a jungle hunter clan and decided to use energy build and be disciplined to not click

I mean i wont really lie to you… overwatch has always been a esports focused game and they took only esports people to balance it… same with games like rocket league where devs only hire esports pros to balance it…

so i must say and deny the game example…

but if you really wish… mei can be anything she wants… but sadly that’s an esport game and people coped with that character and game concept like that

So lets say… if a class archer has like speed buff passively but decides to run shield… that makes him/her not an archer?

Just because they run shield and decide to run like perks that make him/her a tank

It makes them an archer with a shield who should rightfully get destroyed for picking archer and then trying to use a shield.
Why pick archer then?

Its an archer that specializes in using bow & arrow to its strengths, so using a shield would be to its detriment.
A tank is suited to the shield so would be gimping itself by using a bow.

You get to be really good at something and weak in other areas and other people can play around that. That is the point of classes and not making everything play the same.
It creates counterplay rather than everyone being a jack of all trades.

Ok but we are talking about perks here? Eshtion started the whole weapon topic… this topic is about perks and specializations… give me one good reason why the unique specializations should stay based on the classes in game, which some of them btw are behind P2W paywalls…

Well yes thats what im trying to do lmao… why would everything have to be scripted and locked to be played the same… why cant u play berserk and run disciplined?

And run berserk weapons that hit hard lol…

oh and the reason “balancing issue” does not work… cause this whole game concept has been fucked from the start based on how devs never decided to take community feedback at all… and even now they take it by grains of salt… and mainly do DLC feedback ideas and not gameplay mechanic ideas…

Because its thematic to the scout class, so people playing scout arent gimping themselves by playing scout instead of zerk like they were before.

Its also much much easier to balance because specilizations will isolate certain balance issues to certain classes that have their own hp/stam/speed.

???

how is that anyone’s fault… how is that even a good take lol… why should everyone be following what so called logical reasoning behind whole classes and society tells you to… why should this game concept follow the concept of R6S and Overwatch when in fact they are not even in the same basket.

Thats also very sexism approach on whole classes thing… so if scout was born a scout and he does not want to be like other scouts he should just go F himself and piss off lol…

Again where the F is the balance… its not existent… you have fireteam who have 16 perk points + specializations included in them… running around against predator with 3 + 1

The whole balance talk is really getting on my liver cause everytime someone makes a valid and original idea that is golden and would actually fix matchmaking and gameplay… they get shut downed by some valid used social standpoint in life

So you can’t be serious with me about what balance is here when this game hasn’t seen balance at all.

The game has been balanced to EXTERMINATE any one shot metas in game…

thats your predator hunting grounds balance…

Because of the meaning of the word Class.

Rather than everyone asking “whats the best pred class?” and all answering Hunter and all running the same perks and gear - they pick the specialization they want to commit to instead which is a million times better for both balance and gameplay variety then they can go 1shot people with disc if they want but arent allowed to be a jack of all trades at the same time and do it all on the highest hp classes just because they have the highest hp.

Its a video game.

Already reading your OP coffee-you need rewords shit like pronto.

one perk should allow u like 3 perks in one???

Just tell us what you want to see, not what you think it should equate.

Im mean don’t say rework PERKS, its already established.

What are you on about?

From the movies and comics we see that not each predator is the same… they all come from specific clan but they all take their weapons according to their own likings they are not limited to one thing AT ALL…

Yeah good bravo, solid take “its a video game” totally… best answer… so cause it being a video game… it must follow the avg social standpoint for gaming industry… ok i see you… no fr i do see it and i don’t mean this sarcastically cause i can’t reproduce sarcasm or humor… but i find this take very sad to me…

Well honestly… i said mainly in post that devs should be the ones that need to re-work the perk system… i just stated my take on current perks that need the perk points lowered

Again. Video game.

You have to promote playstyles in a game because people will not do it themselves.
They’re just going to run the most broken mishmash of stats and specializations because people want to win not roleplay. Giving people access to all specializations on top of all perks and gear and weapons on all classes is ridiculous and everything would get nerfed into the ground just because people are abusing zerk with it & so on.